So where does the Mario and Luigi series go from here?

SolarBlaze said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
Also replace the weird RPG exclusive characters with Bowser Jr getting in.
...What?
I'm sorry do you want original characters? [/sarcasm]

Mcmadness said:
Should characters like the babies or Bowser return to be playable?

Yes

Have a Mario and Luigi game where you get to control a huge party.

Also, make it a total action RPG like Tales of Symphonia and similar games.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:
Should characters like the babies or Bowser return to be playable?

Yes

Have a Mario and Luigi game where you get to control a huge party.

Also, make it a total action RPG like Tales of Symphonia and similar games.

Might as well make a new series then.

Maybe make the battle fights more interactive than just waiting your turn and hitting the enemy. Have some more reactions and facial expressions the characters can make.

Magikrazy said:
I'd like Square Enix to help develop the next one.

This won't happen, I'm waiting since I first played SMRPG (which was in 07) for this, and Squaresoft had PLENTY of opportunities in the past.

Maybe something with a playable Peach.
Mario & Luigi: Peachy Saga
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Peach
Mario & Luigi: Peach's Inside Story
Mario & Luigi: Peach Team

I want Peach and Daisy as additional Playable Characters, and Wario and Waluigi as additional sub-bosses.

Baby Luigi said:
Maybe make the battle fights more interactive than just waiting your turn and hitting the enemy. Have some more reactions and facial expressions the characters can make.

I don't think you could make them any more interactive than they are already

This has already been brought up, but Wario & Waluigi as another set of playable characters. Yeah, yeah, "THE PRINCESSES!", but I think the Was have a lot more potential here. Make them work with or against the brothers. Hell, have them constantly swapping sides just to serve their own ends.

Seriously, I can't be the only one who sees the opportunities in Mario and Luigi being forced to team up with Wario and Waluigi.

Well this series definitely has gone places, maybe there next venture will involve interdimensional travel, going mini, heavily distorted versions of familiar places and people that alter battle mechanics, or maybe they'll drop the gimmick thing and just stick to the Bros, I don't know.

New locales, new faces, of course, with maybe a few familiar in between. In terms of characters, maybe something involving Yoshi or Peach. I wouldn't mind another romp with Bowser. Of course, Wario and Waluigi as foils for the Bros would be interesting as well.

Other playable characters would probably be interesting if done right, but they don't really need any considering it's the Mario & Luigi series for a reason, so I can't really see Peach & Daisy or Wario & Waluigi appearing alongside the Bros.

Not really going to try and predict Alpha Dream in terms of setting, but it'll probably be in a totally new setting.

Paper Mario said:
Return to the Beanbean Kingdom, or at least for part of the game. Maybe explore its past/future similarly to Partners in Time. I'd love for Bowser to be playable again too, maybe with Baby Bowser if the babies are also playable. Of course the thing I want most is Fawful to come back. That guy is a staple of the series, he could easily be BS'd back to life the way Elder Princess Shroob was somehow intact in BIS after blowing up. I don't really care what role he has but I want him back.

Fawful is dead.

MidnaFreak said:
Clawdia Koopa said:
Fawful is dead.

^This although a plot revolving around somehow reviving him could work.

Probably, but they shouldn't. He had his day, just let him stay dead.

Mcmadness said:
MidnaFreak said:
Clawdia Koopa said:
Fawful is dead.

^This although a plot revolving around somehow reviving him could work.

Probably, but they shouldn't. He had his day, just let him stay dead.
And what about those of us who are Fawful fans (like me, he's one of my favorite if not my all-time favorite Mario character)? I really don't like that my favorite character will supposedly never appear again. That's one reason I ask for him in other games, but you're against that too. Does everyone just want Fawful to disappear forever? That's pretty selfish of someone who just personally doesn't like the character.

Back