So where does the Mario and Luigi series go from here?

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
After Dream Team where could they possibly go? What would you like to see? Gameplay mechanics? Old characters? New characters? New locations? Old locations?

Should characters like the babies or Bowser return to be playable?

Ideas, concepts, wants, things you don't want, drop em all here friends.

Return to the Beanbean Kingdom, or at least for part of the game. Maybe explore its past/future similarly to Partners in Time. I'd love for Bowser to be playable again too, maybe with Baby Bowser if the babies are also playable. Of course the thing I want most is Fawful to come back. That guy is a staple of the series, he could easily be BS'd back to life the way Elder Princess Shroob was somehow intact in BIS after blowing up. I don't really care what role he has but I want him back.

Paper Mario said:
That guy is a staple of the series,

No he isn't.

He's completely irrelevant to half the games in the series.

He's in 3/4 of them, as much a staple as Merlon is of the Paper Mario series. Plus he's a fan favorite, why else would he have been in PIT over a random Toad selling the badges, and return as the main villain in BIS?

Paper Mario said:
He's in 3/4 of them, as much a staple as Merlon is of the Paper Mario series. Plus he's a fan favorite, why else would he have been in PIT over a random Toad selling the badges, and return as the main villain in BIS?

Fan favourite =/= staple.

Again, he is irrelevant to half the games in the series. In order to be a real staple he needs to have been around and important to more than just half.

I am going to have to agree with a youtube comment I once read here:

I think that if they have the intention to end the M&L series they should do it right here, because everything went full circle.

The story ark of the Shroobs was ended in PiT itself, apart from that cameo in BiS that I don't count.

The Beanbean Kingdom aka Fawful storyark ended with his death in BiS

And finally Bowser's character development went full circle in Dream Team because that's the first game where he is actually smart enough to overthrow the person that his using him and ends up as the main villain himself.

And even Luigi has had a developement, because in DT he is considerably tougher than in the previous installments.

So yeah, IDK. I personally think that if they were to make a new M&L game they have to tackle something entirely new, like for example a full 3D environment or something (that could actually be really interesting), and not reuse any of the old story arks.

Peach & Daisy playable and teaming with Mario & Luigi, like the babies in Partners in Time.

Another idea that could work out insanely well if done correctly is a game similar to M&L but instead with Wario and Waluigi.

That could be a really funny game, just think of the possiblities.

MidnaFreak said:
I am going to have to agree with a youtube comment I once read here:

I think that if they have the intention to end the M&L series they should do it right here, because everything went full circle.

The story ark of the Shroobs was ended in PiT itself, apart from that cameo in BiS that I don't count.

The Beanbean Kingdom aka Fawful storyark ended with his death in BiS

And finally Bowser's character development went full circle in Dream Team because that's the first game where he is actually smart enough to overthrow the person that his using him and ends up as the main villain himself.

And even Luigi has had a developement, because in DT he is considerably tougher than in the previous installments.

So yeah, IDK. I personally think that if they were to make a new M&L game they have to tackle something entirely new, like for example a full 3D environment or something (that could actually be really interesting), and not reuse any of the old story arks.
Where did Midbus go? He surely didn't just stay frozen in Peach's Castle...

Stargazing said:

Hmm interesting point.

I think you might've found a loose end there.

Maybe he could even end up reviving Fawful somehow? Idk he doesn't seem to be smart enough for that though, but maybe if he has help by, say

ANTASMA? He will probably be searching for revenge on Bowser, and maybe he is forced to work together with the Bros. or something, that could work.

That plot idea is actually awesome.

MidnaFreak said:
Stargazing said:

Hmm interesting point.

Maybe he could even end up reviving Fawful somehow? Idk he doesn't seem to be smart enough for that though, but maybe if he has help by, say

ANTASMA? He will probably be searching for revenge on Bowser, and maybe he is forced to work together with the Bros. or something, that could work.

I had this dream where Midbus stole on of E. Gadd's machines, one that revived people.

He went and revived Fawful, and got so excited he misfired at some other burials. They were, Antasma, the two Shroob Princesses, and Cackletta. (and also some other enemies who i forgot who they were).

The "partners" (Stuffwell, Starlow, and Dreambert, and I think Prince Peasely was there as well) figured this out and went with Mario and Luigi to defeat them.

Since Bowser wasn't really with any of the parties, they targeted him, too, forcing him to team up with the bros.

this was the greatest dream ever

I think Fawful has fulfilled his role sufficiently and does not need to be brought back again in a major role.

Gabumon said:
I think Fawful has fulfilled his role sufficiently and does not need to be brought back again in a major role.
that's true
but i was just saying my dream

personally i don't really care who comes back or not but
midbus is the only one technically alive

MidnaFreak said:
Stargazing said:

Hmm interesting point.

But Bowser killed Antasma.

Shy​ Guy said:
MidnaFreak said:
Stargazing said:

Hmm interesting point.

But Bowser killed Antasma.

No, the bros did, Bowser just tossed him to the curve and left him to be destroyed.

There isn't really a whole lot that I have in mind for the next installment, other than Antasma's return. That way, they'll be able to make up for the complete and utter waste of his potential.

SolarBlaze said:
There isn't really a whole lot that I have in mind for the next installment, other than Antasma's return. That way, they'll be able to make up for the complete and utter waste of his potential.
I agree with this. I like how Bowser's personaility was established and all, but he could of done that without pushing Antasma away.

And even if he couldn't, at least let Antasma have some epic final words.

I think a simple solution to that would be to have Antasma return and start a revenge scheme against Bowser.

Maybe have him capture Bowser jr? That would probably drive Bowser crazy.

GalacticPetey said:
Incorporate Wario and Waluigi as an extra set of sub-bosses.
Cirdec said:
Peach & Daisy playable and teaming with Mario & Luigi, like the babies in Partners in Time.
these are good ideas. Also replace the weird RPG exclusive characters with Bowser Jr getting in as another villain.

I'm not saying replace RPG exclusive characters. I feel having Wario and Waluigi makes sense and would be hilarious. It would also be nice to see Waluigi do something other than sports.

SolarBlaze said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
Also replace the weird RPG exclusive characters with Bowser Jr getting in.
...What?

All NPCS are Bowser jr! All Bowser jr all the time!

Written by, directed by, and starring Bowser jr.

Mcmadness said:
SolarBlaze said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
...What?

No.

All NPC's, playable characters, enemies, bosses, villains, and staff are Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr.: The RPG
Written, Directed by, Narrated by, and Starring: Bowser Jr.

Stargazing said:
Mcmadness said:
SolarBlaze said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
...What?

No.

All NPC's, playable characters, enemies, bosses, villains, and staff are Bowser Jr.

Bowser Jr.: The RPG
Written, Directed by, Narrated by, and Starring: Bowser Jr.

Super Bowser jr universe!

Back