So where does the Mario and Luigi series go from here?

3d player confirmed for sexist

Paper Mario said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
Mcmadness said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
I don't like the idea of a playable Peach in the main series quite honestly. She should be kept as a kidnapped role in the main series and playable in the spin-offs.

Now that I definitely disagree with, multiple playable characters is always appreciated.

And thats what :yoshi:'s and :toad:'s are for. :)
so you basically want the same game over and over rather than variety

that's the 3d player way

Paper Mario said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
Mcmadness said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
I don't like the idea of a playable Peach in the main series quite honestly. She should be kept as a kidnapped role in the main series and playable in the spin-offs.

Now that I definitely disagree with, multiple playable characters is always appreciated.

Mario's variety is not defined by who is playable. Its stupid to even imply that.

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
Mcmadness said:
Kart Player 2008 said:

Mario's variety is not defined by who is playable. Its stupid to even imply that.
Thats not what I meant

He said he wanted Peach to have the same kidnapped role every game

This thread has been derailed far enough, I think I'll make another topic to continue this discussion

http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=32595.0

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Kart Player 2008 said:
Mcmadness said:
Kart Player 2008 said:

Thats not what I meant

He said he wanted Peach to have the same kidnapped role every game

I know what he said, and while I disagree with it, Peach getting kidnapped or not isn't the thing that defines the variety of this franchise.

Maybe have a new villain come along and bring the old villains back to life with Wario and Waluigi as minor villains. I miss when Wario was a villain.

And have yoshi play a more important role.

Donatello said:
Maybe have a new villain come along and bring the old villains back to life with Wario and Waluigi as minor villains. I miss when Wario was a villain.

That seems a bit excessive with too many characters and potential sub plots.

Mcmadness said:
Donatello said:

That seems a bit excessive with too many characters and potential sub plots.
Depends on how many old villains are coming back.

If its all of them, or even half of em its too much.

Mcmadness said:
If its all of them, or even half of em its too much.
For some reason this reminded me of those Johnny Test episodes where like every villain in the show was shoehorned in.

Anyway I want old villains to return but not necessarily all in one game. Perhaps one where the Beanish villains return (Cackletta, Fawful, Popple), one where the Shroobs and Midbus return (With Midbus and the Shroobs both ending up frozen that would make sense) one where Antasma and Dark Bowser return, with Dark Bowser taking over Bowser's role from Dream Team, etc

Cackletta and Fawful are as dead as they come, the shroobs and midbus could come back, Antasma probably won't come back because he hasn't really achieved enough popularity to do that, and Dark Bowser was a single minded entity bent on killing everyone, not much they could do with that, plus its dead too.

Donatello said:
1. Cackletta
2. Fawful
3. Midbus
4. Princess Shroob
5. Antasma
6. Wario
7. Waluigi

Doesn't really seem like that much to me.

Try giving them enough screen time while still having a central plot as well as balancing side characters and sub plots.

I guess equal screen time might be a bit of a problem, but sub plots I wouldn't really worry about, just look at Bowser and Luigi in TTYD or Bowser in PIT.

And I hardly consider death to be an issue in Mario games since it's practically non- existent, and can be reversed and resurrection has happened before, so there's really nothing stopping the dead villains from returning, aside from contempt from the developers and fans.

Donatello said:
I guess equal screen time might be a bit of a problem, but sub plots I wouldn't really worry about, just look at Bowser and Luigi in TTYD or Bowser in PIT.

And I hardly consider death to be an issue in Mario games since it's practically non- existent, and can be reversed and resurrection has happened before, so there's really nothing stopping the dead villains from returning, aside from contempt from the developers and fans.

The difference is that this for several characters not one or 2.

Also, death is usually pretty permanent for the M&L series.

Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Elder Princess Shroob exploded in PIT, yet she appears frozen in BIS

Only as a cameo in the battle, in the actual area shes nowhere to be seen.

Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:

how the fuck does the fact that she's only visible in battle make it any less of an appearence

also Fawful clearly exploded in SS but look he reappeared twice

btw it's completely for him to be revived somehow

so yeah the whole "x character can't come back because they're dead" argument is complete bullshit

Bowshygul said:
Mcmadness said:
Paper Mario said:
Mcmadness said:

how the *bleep* does the fact that she's only visible in battle make it any less of an appearence

also Fawful clearly exploded in SS but look he reappeared twice

btw it's completely for him to be revived somehow

so yeah the whole "x character can't come back because they're dead" argument is complete bull*bleep*

Because the battle is an exaggeration of the actual location, just an amusing thing for the player to look at.

Fawful's return is less he returned from exploding and more a retcon since at the time the devs didn't know how popular he would have become so they changed it where he survived and appeared in the next 2 games but with BiS they killed him off knowing full well how popular he is.

Also saying they can be revived is actually a stupid argument since nobody in Mario has ever been revived from death. The exception being Dry Bowser in NSMB but since Dry Bones are difficult to kill for all we know he was just unconscious.

"an exaggeration of a location"

yeah that statement makes no sense whatsoever

"it's never been done before so it can't happen!" is a dumb argument since there's no reason whatsoever that something can't happen because said thing hasn't happened before

and as for the retcon thing, are you saying that a retcon can only happen once or something?

also ftr I don't think he's likely to come back either, i'm just saying that it's very possible

Exaggeration, as in its shown in battle to be more elaborate than it actually is out of battle. Not rocket science.

Its not a dumb argument, it proves there is for the most part consistency in dead characters staying dead.

And the retcon I'm saying the ONLY reason Fawful came back was due to popularity. Most of the other one off characters didn't return beyond cameos and they didn't die in their debut games. No character or villain created from this series reached the popularity he did and despite that they still killed him off.

And he should stay dead, BiS was the perfect end for his character, any more from him would just pale terribly in comparison.

And I'm Javert said:
Mcmadness said:
Also saying they can be revived is actually a stupid argument since nobody in Mario has ever been revived from death.

Google "1-UP Mushroom".

Google ''gameplay-story segregation.''

Back