• I wholeheartedly believe it.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • I'm leaning towards yes.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm leaning towards no.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I do not believe it at all.

• I cannot make an opinion on the subject matter.

• Total voters
Maᴙio said:
Lumastar said:
I personally no not believe it. There's simply too much evidence against it.

What evidence exactly?

Although I've read in another forum that the Duck Hunt Dog render was found in the internet, making the leak more dubious.
Someone actually made a render trying to disprove the leak. Yes. People were that desperate.

GalacticPetey said:
Maᴙio said:
Lumastar said:

What evidence exactly?

Although I've read in another forum that the Duck Hunt Dog render was found in the internet, making the leak more dubious.
Someone actually made a render trying to disprove the leak. Yes. People were that desperate.
Wait, what makes you think it's that?

Maᴙio said:
GalacticPetey said:
Maᴙio said:
Lumastar said:

What evidence exactly?

Wait, what makes you think it's that?
It was posted on SmashBoards by a user with next to no posts. Reverse google searching it lead to nothing at all and it looked really poor quality.

just found it lol

LFXxnaT.jpg

yep that's it leak completely disproved go home everyone

speaking of which, I found a nice list of arguments and counterarguments for the leak's inconsistencies on the same site, it's very detailed and I reckon it's worth a read

Nope, that leak is fake as all hell.

As someone who loves the Mario cast in Smash, even I find it odd that Mario has SEVEN reps. IMO the only likely Mario character left is Paper Mario and he wouldn't rep the Mario series, rather his own subseries. IF Mario got one more mainline rep Bowser Jr. is likely, but not Jr. AND Dr. Mario. Plus why would they pick Doc of all Melee cuts rather than Mewtwo, a far more unique character? It makes so little sense.

Game Boy Toadvance said:
speaking of which, I found a nice list of arguments and counterarguments for the leak's inconsistencies on the same site, it's very detailed and I reckon it's worth a read
Interesting read. It doesn't prove or disprove the leak, and it brought up great points.

Paper Mario said:
Nope, that leak is fake as all hell.

As someone who loves the Mario cast in Smash, even I find it odd that Mario has SEVEN reps. IMO the only likely Mario character left is Paper Mario and he wouldn't rep the Mario series, rather his own subseries. IF Mario got one more mainline rep Bowser Jr. is likely, but not Jr. AND Dr. Mario. Plus why would they pick Doc of all Melee cuts rather than Mewtwo, a far more unique character? It makes so little sense.
Don't let your personal opinion color your view on the legitimacy of the leak.

Double post
THIS image has been circulating to "prove" that Dr. Mario is fake.

Mario_dr_zps3fdfbb20.gif

Hoo, boy, this is where being a Mario fanatic sure helps.

But I have several red flags to show that the Mario render is fake. I don't know why people think THIS is clear cut evidence.

Check out the cruddy MS paint job on his right ear and sideburn. You can't miss it, you don't even need to know you're a Mario freak to notice this crap.

Also, the way Mario's hat is designed, his forehead should run straight along the edge, but the Mario image has a bump.

His right eye shape looks slightly ruffled when it should be circular.

The way Mario's hat is structured, there should not be a huge bump on the back of his hat; that's overdone.

The shading on the left corner of his mouth is smudged out compared to the rest of his mouth.

I'll point out the flaws in my image.

eLDhmAI.png

No wonder this Mario looks off.

So in other words, it could go either way.

I hope they reveal another character soon so we can know for sure.

I originally went with leaning towards no. But who am I kidding? This is fake.

That Mario image was an extremely obvious fake, I can't believe people believed it. Just a GLANCE at it was enough to see it as fake.

I'd say no. You'd need an official source to be convincing, and so far, the only reliable sources are either Sakurai, Nintendo Directs, or any official Nintendo source.

MnSG said:
I'd say no. You'd need an official source to be convincing, and so far, the only reliable sources are either Sakurai, Nintendo Directs, or any official Nintendo source.
Of course.

But a lot of legitimate leaks do happen.

Check Greninja for X / Y.

Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
As everybody forgotten that Paulentina was leaked?
The leak was fake. The models were different between the leak and the actual game. The Palutena leak proves that there are some fans who are willing to create believable models.
The leak can be true, but the images provided can be false.

It could be the leakers trying to cover themselves up, you know. I've read that in Smashboards, which, you know, would be understandable if you think about it.

Or I'm giving too much credit.

Either way, I'm in the minority. I'm leaning toward "yes".

Maᴙio said:
Either way, I'm in the minority. I'm leaning toward "yes".

i am the only other person who voted for yes :(

seriously; the way this "leak" has been treated by the boards is sort of like how people were saying "lolnope" to actual brawl leaks because "SAKURAI WILL HAVE AT LEAST 40 CHARACTERS AND ONE OF THEM WILL BE MEGAMAN" and it makes me feel all sad :'(

also; despite the fact that i'm almost certain leaker 3 is fake as all hell, take a look at this vid of 3ds smash run

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=M2p11j_Aju4#t=1007[/youtube]

it actually does say smash at the top of the screen; more specifically, it says the type of event you're doing in smash run, so as insane as it sounds... is leaker 3 trying to show off team smash run?

All I know is the next character reveal will make or break the leak.

If a character gets revealed that's not on the leak, it dead. Even if we get a character from the leak, the artwork is important. if the character artwork is the same as anything in the leak, then it's real. But if even one character artwork is different, this thing's dead.

Back