• I wholeheartedly believe it.

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • I'm leaning towards yes.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I'm leaning towards no.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I do not believe it at all.

• I cannot make an opinion on the subject matter.

• Total voters

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
ssb-leak-640x612.jpg

I personally no not believe it. There's simply too much evidence against it.

Pre-Video Results
I wholeheartedly believe it. 1 (2.6%)
I'm leaning towards yes. 4 (10.3%)
I'm leaning towards no.12 (30.8%)
I do not believe it at all. 15 (38.5%)
I cannot make an opinion on the subject matter. 7 (17.9%)

Prior to Shulk's Reveal
I wholeheartedly believe it. 10 (34.5%)
I'm leaning towards yes. 8 (27.6%)
I'm leaning towards no. 5 (17.2%)
I do not believe it at all. 2 (6.9%)
I cannot make an opinion on the subject matter. 4 (13.8%)

I thinks there's a slight possibility that it's true

There is the possibility of it, but too many things about it bug me so I'm leaning more to the no side.

I guess. the only thing that makes this legit to me is the recent famitsu scan/stage select screen comparison. the third leaker is probably the least legitimate of them all imo

game's out in three weeks anyway so it's not like we'll be guessing forever

Hackmon said:
No no no no no no no no no no no, NO. It is so completely fake guys. >Dark Pit. That's ALL you need to know.

Yeah, pretty much. I don't think a palette swap would evolve into a full character. If they needed another Kid Icarus rep, fucking Viridi would be a better choice than Dark Pit.

Hackmon said:
No no no no no no no no no no no, NO. It is so completely fake guys. >Dark Pit. That's ALL you need to know.

To be fair they showed him at the end of the Palutena trailer, but I'm still sceptical.

It gets a strike for no new DK rep.
It gets a strike for no fully evolved Grass Pokemon Starter.
It gets a strike for having Duck Hunt Dog.
Three strikes. You're out leak.

Kart Player 2008 said:

oh god not this again

Kart Player 2008 said:
That's how you can tell if it's fake? Games can't be perfect you know, right?

You look at how it was put together, there was a video talking about how there was a screen, I believe the one with Bowser, Bowser Jr, Pikachu and Kirby was nearly identical to a picture of the demo. But it's quite strange how this was released a day after the reveal of Brinstar for the 3DS.

I also feel like I have seen that ROB icon before, on another "leak" maybe? Also that Wario icon looks like one of those creepy faces he made in one of the Subspace Emissary cut-scenes.

I am a no but I am also a yes, there's just something about it that makes me have mixed feelings.

I was joking around with that last post. But I still don't believe it. Something about it just seems a bit dubious to me.

I have mixed feelings about this, I do believe this roster is legit, the only bullshit characters are Dr Mario, the DLCs, and Dark Pit

One would have to be really fucking stupid to believe this leak is true. The amount of graphical errors in the pictures is ridiculous.

I'm staying out of it. Both sides have decent arguments as to why it's true/false so I'm choosing to just ignore it.

To be honest, I'm a bit frustrated it might be a little while until we have a clear answer on whether this is true or false. We might just have to prepare for the worst, hope for the best if we don't get anything until the Japanese release date. It conveniently came after Meta Knight's reveal and it might be a little while until we get another. We need a character reveal to find out if it's true or not. Even a veteran reveal would be good because then we'd have to see if their artwork matches exactly with the artwork in the character select screen.

I've seen people defending the leak saying that Nintendo might be aware of the leak and change the artwork for whatever character is revealed for some reason, but that's bullshit. The people who know about the leak are the minority of everybody interested in Smash 4. They won't change the artwork because a small part of the fandom was shown the character select screen if the leak is true.

Anyway, if this is true. I feel like no matter who else in the game, like even if the characters shown aren't all the characters. I feel Dr. Mario and Dark Pit really would taint this roster quite a bit. I wouldn't say they make it worse then Melee's newcomer pool. As Megaman, Little Mac, and even the Mii Fighters I would say are great inclusions. But even the Original 12 for how small it was compared to the later games would have overall better merit. Dr. Mario and Dark Pit would literally stagnate this at 3rd place in terms of Roster Merit. A game with 48 characters with the possibility of more could possibly be less meritable then one with only 12 (An overall great selection of 12, but 12 nonetheless). That's embarrassing.

Lumastar said:
I personally no not believe it. There's simply too much evidence against it.

What evidence exactly?

Although I've read in another forum that the Duck Hunt Dog render was found in the internet, making the leak more dubious.

Back