Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

winstein said:
Honoka's #5 Fan said:
Putt-Putt said:
I'd rather have Mallow over Geno, he's an actual character that got development rather then "I'm Mr. Star Warrior and we need to save to the Star Road".
There's only room for one frog in smash bros.

I thought there are two frogs now? Greninja is one, but Ivysaur is another Pokemon that resembles a frog.

Thank you for reading.
Get the fuck out of here Ivysaur is clearly a dinosaur.

Isabelle said:
Pull some moves from Color Splash or something, idk.

Make the Final Smash the fan or something. That'd be cool. I guess I'll even make some specials.

Neutral Special: Slaphammer. Paper Mario charges a spinning hammer attack.
Side Special: Shell toss. Paper Mario kicks a shell forward, and he can even hold it in place until side b is pressed once more.
Up Special: Parakarry. The Paratroopa lifts Paper Mario up to recover. If done again while recovering, Parakarry will charge into the nearest enemy provided they're at a certain short distance.
Down Special: folds himseld into any paper transformation of choice, hold down to select your transformation. While selecting in midair, Paper Mario isn't affected by gravity, but in turn is exposed to enemy attacks.

Final Smash: Fan Thing. The fan blows wind, Star KO-ing any enemy that gets blown by it. It is however a bit hard to aim at opponents.

Smash attacks are all Hammers, and paint is even added when the attack is fully charged. Pressing shield makes the mouse cursor from Super Paper Mario appear around Paper Mario and dodging flips him briefly. Go creative with the aerials and tilts, I think this is enough to show you that he can be a unique and fun character.
I think Paper Mario fans would rather just not have him than pull elements from Sticker Star/Color Splash.

Pfff.

That's why I really wish TTYD wasn't so heavy on story and creativity in the first place, because now people don't see the good in Color Splash, and whatever reference you try to make to any of it any Sticker Star you feel like you're putting in something that will make them rage.

But I don't care, I'm still on that moveset, whether the fans like it or not. Besides, there are things not from those two games in here, why the hell complain?

Don't tell me the fan wouldn't be a good Final Smash though, c'mon.

Didn't know this turned into Unpopular opinions about Paper Mario...

If the only thing they can come up with for PM's inclusion is the moveset then it ain't worth it.

We don't need another Mario.

Then again.

Every DLC character in this pass will come with a stage and music, so that counters that.

Sadly... there already IS a PM stage, so that hurts him significantly.

Is it bad that I'm still playing around with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? I know that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is around now, but the one thing I really dislike about it is how it pretty much turned nearly every Final Smash into Triforce Slash or Blue Falcon copycats; this consequently means that you can't play as the transformation Final Smashes anymore.

MnSG said:
Is it bad that I'm still playing around with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? I know that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is around now, but the one thing I really dislike about it is how it pretty much turned nearly every Final Smash into Triforce Slash or Blue Falcon copycats; this consequently means that you can't play as the transformation Final Smashes anymore.
I still play Smash Wii U quite a bit. Man, why did they have to get rid of Master Core in Ultimate? It was an awesome boss. Of course, I may just be saying that because it led to my introduction to my favorite game franchise, but still.

Master Core is effectively replaced by Galeem and Dharkon, like every other big bad Super Smash Bros. baddie.

I still play 4 for the sole reason of mods. Equipment and custom moves are nice but I'd probably drop in favor of spirits and just generally better gameplay.

I don't know if this is necessarily unpopular but I really wish they didn't lock changing the menu music to beating a 20 hour fight simulator. Granted that's what Smash is all about but it's just soooooooo tiring for me.

I also wish the menu music could be changed to anything besides the Smash series. On top of that where's the menu music from Air Ride? cmonnnn

Why did they bother putting the menu music from Smash 64 in but not actually have it as an option?

Kirby and Dedede said:
Mario Party X said:
Why did they bother putting the menu music from Smash 64 in but not actually have it as an option?
I agree, that is confusing. I just unlocked the Smash 64 menu music, only to find that I can't even play it on the menu. What's up with that?

Probably for Sound Test/Music playlist fodder, seeing how Step: The Plains and Step: Subspace are only used in like 1 or 2 spirit battles, and are unavailable in VS mode otherwise.

It can also feel disturbing how the Super Mario and Yoshi's Island BGM tracks can't interact with each other. In the past, Super Mario BGM could play on certain Yoshi's Island stages.

When talking about Yoshi's Island, the rule that stages can only use BGM tracks from their own respective series can be rather dumb, since Yoshi has had strong ties to the Super Mario series before starring in his own series. Most other franchises don't run into this dilemma.

Yeah, they do have it, but it's still a sacrilege to omit the Super Mario Bros. 3 bgm.

But at least I can play the organ and creepy piano and spookyk opera chorus in Golden Plains and that makes up for it.

They should just allow unrestricted customization of my music, create playlists for each stage. It would be so fun playing Calling to the Night in the Paper Mario stage or whatever the most hellish music is out there for any Animal Crossing stage.

Now let us play our own music goddammit you did it with Super Mario Run.

Mario Party X said:
Now let us play our own music goddammit you did it with Super Mario Run.

Being able to Bluetooth connect a phone and Switch would be cool.
Of course, you can also go to settings, turn off music and only have voices and effects, and listen to you phone in conjuncture w/the Switch.

Sound quality and immersion is a crap and there's no way to loop songs properly so it would never beat actually having music play through the game.

Back