Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Air Conditioner said:
but are Brawl's mechanics really that awful?
Just remove tripping and I think Brawl's mechanics are just fine.

OK heeere we go:
-I don't like Cloud at all. Both his moveset and the fact he's in Smash altogether.
-I didn't care for Lucas both in Brawl or in SSB4.
-Brawl's physics and mechanics are fine, tripping-aside
-6 is an absolutely ok number for Fire Emblem characters. (the problem to me is only 5 Zelda characters, 2 DK characters, but the fact FE has 6 is of little relevance on the matter to me)

Air Conditioner said:
Melee is so controversial that your opinion is probably unpopular whether it's positive or negative lol.

I like all the Smash games but Brawl is the most underrated, I don't understand why modders felt the need to transform it into Melee 2.0 (New characters/stages fine, but are Brawl's mechanics really that awful?)

Project M is not even close to being Melee 2.0.

Of all the Smash games DK has appeared in, I think his best voice clips are from Brawl.

Brawl's menu theme is my favorite.

Brawl is overall a better game than Melee, but there are more stages in Melee that I enjoy playing on than in Brawl (14 out of 29 in Melee, and 18 out of 41 in Brawl).

Gear Getaway is my favorite music track in Smash 4.

The hardest part about Smash 4's Classic mode when playing on 8.0 or higher are the danger zones inside Master Fortress.

Temple is not my favorite Smash stage of all time. That's a tie between Melee's Peach's Castle, Jungle Japes, N64 Kongo Jungle and Delfino Plaza. I still love Temple though.

I don't mind Brawl's "realism".

GalacticPetey said:
Its still slooooooooooow as hell. And floaty. I feel like my character's in a bouncy house when I play.

To be fair, falling like anchors can be very bad for recovery. At least in Brawl in Smash 3DS / Wii U, Fox actually has a chance to pull off long-ranged recoveries (which is even more possible in Smash 3DS / Wii U, where Fox Illusion doesn't leave Fox helpless).

MnSG said:
GalacticPetey said:
Its still slooooooooooow as hell. And floaty. I feel like my character's in a bouncy house when I play.

To be fair, falling like anchors can be very bad for recovery. At least in Brawl in Smash 3DS / Wii U, Fox actually has a chance to pull off long-ranged recoveries (which is even more possible in Smash 3DS / Wii U, where Fox Illusion doesn't leave Fox helpless).
Doesn't stop Fox from being the best character in Melee.

GalacticPetey said:
Doesn't stop Fox from being the best character in Melee.

Still, you get the idea. The only thing that pretty much keeps Melee Fox in check is his high falling speed.

In a similar dilemma, Brawl Meta Knight's main flaw is his lack of projectiles, and yet that didn't stop him from dominating against pretty much the whole entire roster.

Fox's recovery being bad in Melee is a joke, he takes forever to die if you don't 0-to-death or cheese him. Mixup potential more than outweighs his fall speed

And better recovery across the board =/= a good thing for Smash

Brawl's mechanics for casual play are completely whatever because party game but anything past that and the lack of control of your character in that game is very very jarring

Try using the Red Shell in 2.0 damage ratio in Giant Melee. It's lots of fun.

Melee:

Has the most amount of stages I enjoy playing on.

Has the best set of Poké Ball Pokémon.

I like every DK stage in Melee, but I dislike playing on Yoshi's Story.

I dislike Bowser's look in this game. He's a good punching bag though.

Brawl:

Has overall the best singleplayer, but I think All-Star mode is inferior to Melee's, and Brawl's Classic Mode is also inferior to Smash 4's.

Has my favorite menu theme, Battlefield theme and Final Destination theme. As for the announcer, I like Pat Cashman and Xander Mobus equally.

I don't like Smashville, but I like 75m.

I like Rumble Falls, but I dislike Icicle Mountain.

I think Porky is overall the hardest boss.

I like the Fan more than the Homerun Bat in this game.

My favorite cutscene in the SSE is not "The Great Invasion". That's a tie between "Sheik and the Fallen Arwing", "Attack on the Stadium", "Lucario discovers Snake" and "Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong". See this page for more details as to which cutscenes I'm referring to.

Smash 4

Has the worst Smash stage I've ever played, The Great Cave Offensive.

Has the worst set of Assist Trophies and second worst set of Poké Ball Pokémon, after Smash 64.

Kirby's Crazy Appetite is the worst event match ever.

Smash Tour is even worse than Cruel Smash.

The hardest part in Smash Wii U's Classic Mode are the Danger Zones inside Master Fortress.

The characters I find the most annoying to fight are ZSS, Rosalina, Olimar and Corrin. I don't have anything against the characters themselves though.

I think Bowser's voice clips in this game are even worse than his ones from Melee.

I don't see how Smash 4 would have a worse Assist Trophy roster unless they cut one that you adored using in Brawl.

Magikrazy said:
I don't see how Smash 4 would have a worse Assist Trophy roster unless they cut one that you adored using in Brawl.

It's not that. It's that the Smash 4 ones aren't as powerful as the ones from Brawl.

In Smash 4, I like Palutena more than Rosalina.

Brawl has the hardest Classic mode.

Smashville is my most disliked Brawl stage.

I think footstooling is even worse than random tripping

I don't know if this is unpopular, but I think Little Mac has a better recovery than Melee Roy.

Spinosaurus said:
I feel bad for saying this, but I dislike all of Rosalina's voice clips when she gets KO'd.

You're not alone there. That's pretty much one of the reasons why I tried to replace all of Rosalina's voice clips with Laura Faye Smith's work. Sadly, Laura never did make a voice clip for Rosalina sleeping.

Bless the heavens she did not , then Rosalina will squeak when getting K.O.

We where lucky enough they cared enough to use Kerri Kane instead.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Bless the heavens she did not , then Rosalina will squeak when getting K.O.

The funny thing about that statement is that I used one of Rosalina's Mario Kart 8 voice clips for colliding with a Banana Peel, for her first KO'd voice clip. It sounded far less dramatic than her default KO'd voice clips.

Hmmm or maybe not.

If they had her new voice actress record new lines , like she was suppoused to but they did not do it , then i would imagine Rosalina would be more fighter like instead of happy as in MK8.

IDK , just a thought.

Back