Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

I think when all is said and done, Brawl is my favorite Smash game. I don't mind tripping any more than I mind blue shells in Mario Kart (i mind those more, because they cost me the match a lot more often) I played Brawl so much that tripping became a minor inconvenience. And the slowness didn't bother me either because it was easier to send the CPU Warios, Bowsers, Game & Watches and Luigis all over the place in my closed-in custom stage, sometimes with giant and even slower settings and plants on everyone's heads :D

i enjoyed Brawl for what it was , however the speed change between it and Melee is just so noticeable than going back and forth is a bit weird.

i also struggled at first because Peach was overall fucked up in Brawl so it was not a good transition.

I remember playing with my brother and me being hard to kill because Peach had a great air game in Melee as opposed to Brawl in comparison.

The nerf in her second jump got me so upset as well , thank god it's back on track in Smash 4.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I also struggled at first because Peach was overall *bleep*ed up in Brawl so it was not a good transition.

Yeah, that's why I prefer using Zelda in Brawl over Peach, as Zelda has much better KO power. Thankfully, Peach got some very helpful buffs in Smash 4. Peach is still one of my three mains in Brawl though, along with DK and Zelda.

I will say that some of the veteran fighter attributes can feel a bit off whenever they get altered between Smash Bros. installments. Peach had the 5th best air speed in Melee, but that got drastically nerfed in Brawl, and it still remained below average in Smash 3DS / Wii U.

The space invaders deserve to be on Smash. Nintendo can make a deal with Taito.
Goku...doesn't.

I don't see why they couldn't. Space Invaders is a very important game, and Square Enix (who owns Taito) already has one of their franchises in the game. I'd probably have them be Assist Trophies that shoot down at the fighters from the top, moving just like they did in their game. When they decrease in numbers, they get faster. They despawn when they reach the bottom of the stage.

Also maybe have them give decent knockback if touched.

Space Invaders would make for a nice stage.

I like Coin Battle.

75m is my 5th favorite stage in Brawl, after Port Town Aero Dive, Halberd, Castle Siege and Delfino Plaza.

Brawl has my favorite menu theme.

I like the SSE.

I don't hate Cloud or Bayonetta.

Brawl has the best opening.

I prefer having Samus/ZSS and Zelda/Sheik being separate characters, instead of being grouped together.

I do not like Smashville.

Time Battle is better than Stock Battle.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Time Battle is better than Stock Battle.

To be fair, I've mostly done time battles in Brawl. But in Smash Wii U, it has primarily been stock matches, though I do set up a 10-minute time limit for 3 stock bouts.

idk if this is unpopular or not, but I despise anything that K.K. Slider's voice touches both in Smash Bros.. and in the Animal Crossing games.

LeftyGreenMario said:
idk if this is unpopular or not, but I despise anything that K.K. Slider's voice touches both in Smash Bros.. and in the Animal Crossing games.

You might hear something familiar in the intro to this

Aside from their stage layouts, I hate Town & City and Smashville

It's not singing, thankfully, but I'd rather it's not in the song either. It's out of place.

I don't like Town & City's fastass platforms.

I was (and still am) rather disappointed that Sm4sh lacked a proper campaign akin to Brawl's Subspace Emissary Mode.

You're only partially correct. The article people like to link is misleading. I call bad journalism. I think the intention of the cutscenes is that they're supposed to be a reward for playing the game, but since they're uploaded to Youtube, it ruins their point. There is a Kotaku article linked in this gameinformer page, but there is a shitty "you adblock mofo" wall, so use that ublock addon if you have it. The gameinformer sheds a little better light in it, but they offer their own opinions and misunderstanding of the thing, similar to the fans.

I think the quote below from Kotaku is more accurate.

Kotaku article said:
In the previous game, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the development team took advantage of the rare occasion of having multiple different series' characters all appear in the same game, so they painstakingly created a special story called the Subspace Emissary, complete with cutscenes for players to enjoy. It was a project that obviously took a lot of thought, time, and energy. And then, the obvious happened...

"Unfortunately, the movie scenes we worked hard to create were uploaded onto the internet." Sakurai lamented. "You can only truly wow a player the first time he sees [a cutscene]. I felt if players saw the cutscenes outside of the game, they would no longer serve as rewards for playing the game, so I've decided against having them."

Rather than letting a setback ruin things completely, Sakurai has focused on having video sequences that would instead potentially benefit by being spread around.

Yes, they are those character reveal videos.

Back