Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I don't think Giant Melee is affected by handicap.

For me it is.

It's probably the ratio doing it. I tried playing Giant Melee in 1 handicap, I didn't see a change whatsoever.

LeftyGreenMario said:
It's probably the ratio doing it. I tried playing Giant Melee in 1 handicap, I didn't see a change whatsoever.

I just re-tried it. It doesn't work for Giant Melee, but it does for Super Sudden Death.

Heh that's mighty unpopular.

I think Wreck-it Ralph would actually be an amazing addition to Smash, even though he is a non-Nintendo movie character. His movie was about video games and he was a video game character in that universe. If Mario appears in the second movie there would even be more of a reason to add him, though I am not going to get my hopes up.

Time Turner said:
half of its cast is literally original characters and background cameos

truly, the best of the shrek line-up
No Lord Farquad tho.

As for arenas, there are:

Dragon's Gate
Poison Apple Inn
Kung Fu Dojo
Gepetto's Workshop
Fat Boy
Medieval Chef
Gingerbread Hizzle
Potion Factory
Dragon's Hall
Mine Cart
Mongo
Bell Tower
Romeo Drive
Beanstalk
Giant's Table
Trophy Room

Whenever I look at the following video, it reminds me why I decided to improve Giga Bowser's overall power in Smash Wii U.

Yes I know that Giga Bowser was playing in Cruel Brawl, where the odds are heavily stacked against the player, but being so huge, you'd expect Giga Bowser to wipe out the Fighting Alloys without much effort. As the video shows, Giga Bowser often doesn't come close to KOing the Fighting Alloys until their current damage goes over triple digits.

Anyway, I just find it sad whenever a Super Mushroom can create more KOs than a Final Smash transformation. And it should also be noted that Super Mushrooms (and Poison Mushrooms) do not affect Giga Bowser at all, so he can't rely on them to increase his damage output.

Grunty Industries said:
Have you seen what happens at the end here?

Ah yes I've actually seen a 100-Man Brawl run be done with Giga Bowser, and let's just say that the knockback immunity can be a nuisance whenever you're up "against" Giga Bowser. In the video that I posted earlier, the player swapped Giga Bowser with Wario-Man after making 50+ KOs, presumably to avoid that kind of ordeal (enemy #100 was Wario, instead of Wario-Man).

For those who have played Brawl, do you ever find it funny to pummel Solid Snake? For some reason, I find myself getting a good laugh hearing his KO'd voice clips, especially whenever he's tiny-sized.

MnSG said:
For those who have played Brawl, do you ever find it funny to pummel Solid Snake? For some reason, I find myself getting a good laugh hearing his KO'd voice clips, especially whenever he's tiny-sized.

I find it funny to pummel Snake, before using either Peach's back or down throw on him, or if I'm using DK carrying him around with the cargo throw and watch Snake flail his arms around.

Yes, I love hearing him go HUUUAAARRRRRGGH! when he's KO'd. I find it equal to C. Falcon's KO voice clip in Melee in terms of hilarity.

I like killing small Giant Smash Wario in Stamina mode.

Back