Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Cloud has also pretty awful recoloring options.

I can BARELY tell who's who when it's me and CPU Luigi v. 6 Clouds with friendly fire on. It's even less apparent than Pac-Man.

I don't see the craze behind Poke Floats.

It's an okay stage, but I'll have to play it in Giant Melee. Every other setting... meh.

We play everything in Giant Melee

I think it's hilarious when they're using items like beam swords and carrying crates, ESPECIALLY when they're tiny. Too bad the later games shrunk the items as well, but not the crates!

LeftyGreenMario said:
I think it's hilarious when they're using items like beam swords and carrying crates, ESPECIALLY when they're tiny. Too bad the later games shrunk the items as well, but not the crates!

For some reason, DK walks superfast when carrying a heavy item when tiny.

Maybe the animation is really fast, but that's because they have a lot of ground to cover, I think. Still probably faster than his running speed when tiny, though.

Party Balls with Bob-ombs are the best type of Party Ball.

Except ones loaded with Smart Bombs and Blast Boxes

Those don't even make any spatial sense, but yeah, those are awesome. Especially if you toss that capsule in front of Captain Falcon while he's using his neutral special.

LeftyGreenMario said:

It's an okay stage, but I'll have to play it in Giant Melee. Every other setting... meh.
When you have to play Final Destination a dozen times in a row, flicking the cursor up so that Poke Floats gets selected is glorious. I probably wouldn't pay it much mind if it didn't give me a break.

Grunty Industries said:
I think Bowser's voice in Melee is even worse than it is in Brawl and Smash 4.

The funny thing is, Kenny James didn't start being Bowser's main portrayal until after Brawl. Super Mario Galaxy only got a Chronicle reference at best in that game.

But what really disturbs me is why Kenny James's voice clips for Bowser never made the cut for Smash 3DS / Wii U. Bowser Jr. managed to keep his Mario series voice clips after all (the ones made by Caety Sagoian anyway).

I get that the developers wanted Bowser to be more intimidating, but Smash 3DS / Wii U Bowser is not like the Melee and Brawl incarnations, where the realistic animal roars made sense.

Voice modding fixes that.

And Bowser's voice in Melee sound stupid, but I believe some voices are taken from Super Mario 64, hard to tell, though. It's still unforgiveable that they overlooked Kenny James AND they continued using that stupid Brawl voice in Smash 4 though.

Not all of Brawl Bowser's voice clips returned though.

As for Melee Bowser, his sound clips from the N64 titles were the norm before Double Dash!!.

Time Turner said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

When you have to play Final Destination a dozen times in a row, flicking the cursor up so that Poke Floats gets selected is glorious. I probably wouldn't pay it much mind if it didn't give me a break.

Any stage is a nice break from Final Destination.

Except stages like Pac-Land, they make me beg to play on Final Destination again.

really the only reason i played fd in melee was because of the alt music, so good.

Otherwise im more akin to battlefield like stages.

It's playable only in Giant Melee 2.0 ratio.

I don't think Giant Melee is affected by handicap.

Back