Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

I agree with you, but the one thing I didn't like about it in Melee is that it pushes you back when you use the rapid fire mode continously.

I think it's pretty negligible. It's still really funny to stun-lock them or even push them to a cliff and see the Super Scope bullets knock them down. I think that was one of the reasons Brawl reduced the hitstun.

Oh yeah, that WAS fun. What I liked was how giant shots did the same, so I sometimes killed my opponent in Corneria by ricocheting fully charged beams.

That actually sounds effing awesome. I'm just hoping it doesn't crash the shnit out of my game because our game often gets pretty crazy.

Oh man why is this the first time I heard about it? Now I really want it for my game.

What's the code for this?

3D Player's logic for Daisy in Smash though was literally to complete some imaginary roster shape he'd always bring up. (It was literally like he was saying just because Mario, Luigi, and Peach were in the game already that Daisy automatically has the right to get in. Ignoring that those 3 got their own merit on their own measures.)

So that's not exactly the kind of opinion you want supporting your argument.

Much the same way he wanted Sceptile on the roster to complete the fire-water-grass triangle.

that said i'd be totally down for decidueye in an upcoming smash game

I'm not too certain that any of the fully evolved 7th generation starters will get the playable treatment if another Smash Bros. installment is ever planned. Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio could always hope to be Poke Ball Pokemon though.

MnSG said:
I'm not too certain that any of the fully evolved 7th generation starters will get the playable treatment if another Smash Bros. installment is ever planned. Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio could always hope to be Poke Ball Pokemon though.

Eh, I didn't think Greninja was possible (Thought it was too soon and/or Greninja wasn't really getting that much press at the time of his announcement. At least compared to all previous Pokemon that got in Smash). But he happened anyway.

Given Gamefreak and/or the Pokemon Company picks their reps in Smash (Might be why the Pokemon franchise has had more cuts then any other franchise in Smash. Pushing out some old to make room for the new. Pichu, Mewtwo (Until DLC came for Smash 4 that is), as well as Ivysaur and Squirtle (And maybe the Pokemon Trainer in general but he's not really the fighter here) were all victims. I wouldn't actually be too surprised to find one of the Gen 7 Starters in Smash someday. Even if that comes at the cost of one of the current Pokemon character reps (Though now that DLC is now a thing, no matter who it is, there is that option)

DLC isn't exactly a guarantee though. Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy got lucky, but Wolf did not get that kind of treatment at all. Similarly, the Ice Climbers got the cold shoulder too, but that's partially because the standard 3DS can't handle their mechanics.

True, but Pokemon is no doubt a more popular franchise then Star Fox is. We can't ignore that a part of what goes into DLC Fighters is what would sell. I suspect that may be at least part of the reason why 3 of the four DLC Newcomers were 3rd Party. While there are certainly potential Nintendo newcomers that would sell, nothing quite gets the attention like another 3rd Party addition to Smash Bros. does.

But regarding returning veterans. Because of the recognizability and popularity of Pokemon as a whole, alot more people would miss just about any Pokemon character in Smash 4 then people do Wolf right now.

Northern Verve said:
But regarding returning veterans. Because of the recognizability and popularity of Pokemon as a whole, alot more people would miss just about any Pokemon character in Smash 4 then people do Wolf right now.

Honestly, I've not seen much backlash for Wolf's exclusion from Smash 4, in contrast to Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle.

Northern Verve said:
True, but Pokemon is no doubt a more popular franchise then Star Fox is. We can't ignore that a part of what goes into DLC Fighters is what would sell. I suspect that may be at least part of the reason why 3 of the four DLC Newcomers were 3rd Party. While there are certainly potential Nintendo newcomers that would sell, nothing quite gets the attention like another 3rd Party addition to Smash Bros. does.

Even to this very day, I'll never understand how Bayonetta made the cut. I guess one primary reason for her inclusion is that she's SEGA's property, much like with Sonic.

Northern Verve said:

It's still quite awkward, considering that Lylat Cruise did come back; Wolf's special taunt conversations from Brawl could've easily been reused. Also, the announcement of Star Fox Zero during E3 2015 could've been a huge opportunity to bring Wolf back.

I find it sad that Melee's handicap system never returned. It made matches more interesting in that those with a handicap disadvantage had to stay clear of the higher handicapped players, or else they would very likely get crushed from even the weakest kinds of attacks.

You can't do anything like that in Brawl or Smash 3DS / Wii U.

Back