Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Should've returned, along with the parasol.

It's fun screwing with barrel cannons in the Temple Stage in Melee, in training mode.

I almost never play Battlefield in either Melee or Brawl. I don't dislike the stage, I just don't find it as enjoyable as some of the other ones.

I play Battlefield in Melee only to kill three Mr. Game & Watches

No reason, it's one of the random stages we attribute to random characters, such as Battlefield being "Mr. Game & Watch's stage"

Hell, we even made fun of how the background colors of Melee's Battlefield attribute to Mr. Game & Watch's colors.

Baby Luigi said:
No reason, it's one of the random stages we attribute to random characters, such as Battlefield being "Mr. Game & Watch's stage"

Hell, we even made fun of how the background colors of Melee's Battlefield attribute to Mr. Game & Watch's colors.

But you did attribute Yoshi's Island to C. Falcon because he SD's constantly in the center pit, right?

Pretty much, yep, especially in Giant Melee. It's one of the fastest stages for him to get SDs on.

Baby Luigi said:
Pretty much, yep, especially in Giant Melee. It's one of the fastest stages for him to get SDs on.

I remember him SD'ing so fast in a single stock match in Giant Melee, that the timer actually said 00:00 (Less than a second!).

On another note, I enjoy playing on Rainbow Ride.

I like it when computers SD themselves right before the boat reappears.

What I find amusing in Melee is that at the N64 Yoshi's Island stage, whenever you're standing on the clouds at the far right, the CPU will always try to get to those clouds, even if his/her recovery can't travel far enough to reach them. That ends up resulting in self-destructs if the fighter falls short.

Another sense of irony is that in Smash 64, CPU players will never try to pursue you if you're on any of the cloud platforms.

Mr. Game & Watch doesn't even use his recovery. Just watch.

Hell, in Melee, sometimes they don't even use their recovery at all, and they don't even use the cloud platforms in the top. Sometimes, they do try reaching those cloud platforms on the top instead of the far right ones.

Baby Luigi said:
Hell, in Melee, sometimes they don't even use their recovery at all, and they don't even use the cloud platforms in the top. Sometimes, they do try reaching those cloud platforms on the top instead of the far right ones.

This is more noticeable against harder CPUs. Level 1s move slow enough so that they'll always jump upon reaching the edge of a platform. However, some level 9s, such as Dr. Mario, may not successfully pull off the ground jump, and end up dropping downwards instead.

Nah, most people will agree with you.

Which is why I modded and replaced Mario crowd cheering with a noisy car alarm and Luigi groaning.

Crowd cheers do last longer in the older Smash Bros. titles, with each crowd cheer clip being played up to 8 times in a row. In Smash Wii U, the crowd cheer clips only play up to 3 times in a row.

Also, it should be noted that some crowd cheer clips have the crowd saying a fighter's name twice or more.

Three times in a row?

It sounds like two times in a row to me. Heck, some of the noises I replaced are so long, they overlap each other, so it sounds like an echo.

Rusty Bucket Bay said:
Warioware Inc is one of my favorite stages in Brawl
Ditto here. It gets pretty crazy and I like it. I understand if others think it's too gimmicky.

GalacticPetey said:
I feel like the crowd chants are also somewhat muffled this game. I can barely understand them.
Dedede's is, like, the only memorable one IMO.

I don't get the hate for Bowser's and Donkey Kong's voices in Smash games. It's not like more realistic noises are anything new to either to them.

As for Diddy, I can barely even tell the difference between his Smash voice and his non-Smash voice, but I still see people complain about it.

Magikrazy said:
I don't get the hate for Bowser's and Donkey Kong's voices in Smash games. It's not like more realistic noises are anything new to either to them.

As for Diddy, I can barely even tell the difference between his Smash voice and his non-Smash voice, but I still see people complain about it.

Diddy sounds like a real world monkey in the Super Smash Bros. series; Katsumi Suzuki's voice clips for Diddy Kong are more cartoonish than that.

Magikrazy said:
It all sounds like monkey to me. :P

I guess it all comes down to personal opinion in the end.

Me, I can understand seeing Donkey Kong, Bowser, and Diddy Kong have realistic animal sounds in Brawl, but not in Smash 3DS / Wii U. As for Giga Bowser, since he is exclusive to the Super Smash Bros. series, he'd pretty much keep the realistic roars.

Magikrazy said:

Kenny James as Bowser has been the norm ever since Super Mario Strikers and Donkey Kong has been Takashi Nagasako ever since Mario Power Tennis, and the huge inconsistency in Smash is extremely jarring.

Diddy Kong, just play as him in games where he is voiced by Katsumi Suzuki a lot, and then play as him in Smash a lot. You will find a difference.

Back