Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Emmett Brown said:
meta knight since he was nerfed ;(
actually meta knight isn't actually all that bad in sm4sh, and at least he's balanced now unlike brawl meta knight

As a Mario main, I welcome Marth's nerf.

Marth is Mario's worst enemy in games before Smash 4.

Now that Marth foolishly decided to brandish a dagger into battle, Mario is more capable of realizing Marth's demise.

so yeah, bad matchup

mario's short stubby fists hate how long marth's sword used to be

I personally think that changing the frequency of the songs that play during the stages is more fun than actually fighting in Brawl and Wii U.

Discord said:
I personally think that changing the frequency of the songs that play during the stages is more fun than actually fighting in Brawl and Wii U.

tbh thats the first thing i did before actually fighting in smash u

because i cannot bear hearing anything except for original mute city in the f zero stage and brawl final destination in fd

Music is worthless to me. We turn it off 99% of the time in Smash for Wii U

And that 1% is only when we're playing on custom stages because our custom stages are generally death traps and music like Swan Lesson fits in.

Otherwise, the music in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS / Wii U mostly doesn't impress me.

Eri Ayase said:
tbh thats the first thing i did before actually fighting in smash u

because i cannot bear hearing anything except for original mute city in the f zero stage and brawl final destination in fd
I'm with you on Mute City. MIDIs are my summer lovechild.
*midgar stage comes along and is midi heaven

Raigh said:
Also I automatically turn off Environmental Noises in the Pikmin stage.

why would you do that, it's clearly the best song in the game

...But seriously, that's not an unpopular opinion in the slightest. Let me guess, you also keep Ai no Uta and Tane no Uta on as well?

I'm just saying that because we were talking about turning songs on/off. I leave Ai no Uta and Tane no Uta because they actually sound good, aside from the godawful French version.

Yeah I know

but seriously, Environmental Noises is a "song" that should actually be part of the stage. if we wanted to listen to it, we'd turn off the music. sigh.

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah I know

but seriously, Environmental Noises is a "song" that should actually be part of the stage. if we wanted to listen to it, we'd turn off the music. sigh.
Kind of like how certain stages like MKU and Kongo have ambient sounds? That'd be good.

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah I know

Nope, it returned in Smash 4 intact so there must be some close adherents that can make up some post-modernist BS to explain its brilliance.

The French version of Ai no Uta is the one song on distant planet that I have maxed out in Brawl because I'm one of the six people that actually really like the song. I was sad it didn't return in Smash 4.

My question is why the song is shortened to the point where it gets annoying after only 2 minutes.

I like using Charizard and don't just spam side B. However, I always have the purple color

Charizard is the coolest playable Pokemon.
Lucina was a decent character choice, especially for a clone.
Adding Corrin was a good choice to advertise Fates.
I think the DLC characters we got are fantastic.

Roy and Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario shouldn't have been cut from Brawl. :mad:

TabuuandPeach said:
Roy and Mewtwo, and Dr. Mario shouldn't have been cut from Brawl. :mad:

I don't think any characters deserve to be cut.

I don't really mind gimmicky stages, as long as they aren't annoying like 75m or Dr. Wily's Castle.

Back