Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Giffy Giffy said:
I guess that's the problem when you have characters with exaggerated movements. Exhibit A: Peach's, Zelda's and Rosalina's dresses devolve into a mass of polygons anytime they do anything.
Again, I think they're rigged to a bone that responds to physics rather than animation, which is why the dress moves when you the characters around in the customization menu.

I usually main Dark Pit, because I like Pit's moveset to begin with, and I like showing players I've put time into the game by unlocking him. There is another reason, but trust me, you don't want to know what it is.

Discord said:
I usually main Dark Pit, because I like Pit's moveset to begin with, and I like showing players I've put time into the game by unlocking him. There is another reason, but trust me, you don't want to know what it is.

Because ow the edge?

Discord said:
Completing 40 matches isn't exactly "putting a lot of time" into the game.

GalacticPetey said:
Discord said:
True, but you can use Pit from the start, as opposed to 40 matches.

Have you ever heard of the term "getting crap past the radar"?

GalacticPetey said:
Discord said:

Or in my case, casually trying out Palutena in classic to see how she plays.

My bragging rights is that I can play 8-player 17-minute matches with explosives and crap and not go insane.

Yeah but it's still nearly infinitely worse than Smash Run

I think most of the MLG people who like Smash Bros. are obnoxious. Don't take this as an insult if you're one, though, there are bound to be exceptions, and you could be one. But seriously, if I hear one more air horn, I'm going to put an axe through the screen. (INB4 someone posts a picture of one just to be a troll).

Discord said:
I think most of the MLG people who like Smash Bros. are obnoxious. Don't take this as an insult if you're one, though, there are bound to be exceptions, and you could be one. But seriously, if I hear one more air horn, I'm going to put an axe through the screen. (INB4 someone posts a picture of one just to be a troll).

Do you mean competitive smash players?

Glitchy said:
Discord said:

Do you mean competitive smash players?

I think more so like the people who got excited and yelled during such moments like the "Wombo Combo" or are like "360 NO SCOPE" in MLG Shooting games.

anybody who edits videos with airhorns and shit are trying to be obnoxious, are you serious

Northern Verve said:
I think more so like the people who got excited and yelled during such moments like the "Wombo Combo" or are like "360 NO SCOPE" in MLG Shooting games.
Smash players who get excited and loud during close matches make parties and tournaments hype, don't hate

Groden said:
anybody who edits videos with airhorns and shit are trying to be obnoxious, are you serious

Northern Verve said:
Smash players who get excited and loud during close matches make parties and tournaments hype, don't hate

I'm not hating it myself. In fact I think it can be quite funny. I'm just saying what Shadow Prince is referring to. I don't think he's referring to all competitive players. That'd be dumb. Cause of course not all of them get that excitable.

I think the commentary makes these kinds of things funnier than they should be.

Airhorns can go fling themselves into an active cyrovolcano, though.

Back