Opinions in a nutshell about some Mario characters

What's so bad about the Sprixies?

Their design, their personality, and their role as mere plot devices.

Dr. Mario said:
their personality

....or lack of thereof

seriously you hate a character for having no personality when your favorite character is a trope for personalityless characters???

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Mario said:
their personality

....or lack of thereof

seriously you hate a character for having no personality when your favorite character is a trope for personalityless characters???
Mario has more personality than those things. And besides, they DO have a personality, albeit a small one: they're sweet, nice, lovey-dovey little pieces of crap.

oh, like to attack my preferences and my favorite character?

The only thing your favorite character does is being kidnapped and he doesn't do crap. Even for a baby. Except piss on Bowser, I guess that's something.

Magikrazy said:
better than peach being kidnapped again
That's nearly exactly why I dislike them.

You two have the most adorable flame wars.

Dr. Mario said:
Mario has more personality than those things. And besides, they DO have a personality, albeit a small one: they're sweet, nice, lovey-dovey little pieces of crap.

oh, like to attack my preferences and my favorite character?

The only thing your favorite character does is being kidnapped and he doesn't do crap. Even for a baby. Except piss on Bowser, I guess that's something.

I'm fully aware Mario has more personality than those things.

But the point I'm trying to make is that you can't hate a character for lack of personality when the exact character is, like, the ---ing DRAWING board for personality-less characters

and don't you ----ing dare bring Baby Luigi into this, I'm not the one who is hating a character for lacking a personality

Baby Luigi said:
But the point I'm trying to make is that you can't hate a character for lack of personality when the exact character is, like, the ---ing DRAWING board for personality-less characters

and don't you ----ing dare bring Baby Luigi into this, I'm not the one who is hating a character for lacking a personality
You're putting words in my mouth and then claiming that's my argument.

DaKid said:
What's so bad about the Sprixies?
Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Mario said:
their personality

....or lack of thereof

I'm hating Sprixies for their personality, which is being a sugar and spice and everything nice, but helpless dope. And that's really it.

Mcmadness said:
You two have the most adorable flame wars.
My sister has the reading comprehension of a sand crab, that's the problem.

*pulls out a bag a popcorn*

Continue

Really? Because Mario is also "sugar and spice and everything nice" but he's a man instead so that gives him a get out of jail free card?

Baby Luigi said:
Really? Because Mario is also "sugar and spice and everything nice" but he's a man instead so that gives him a get out of jail free card?
He's the type of guy who's willing to put up a fight, even though he's generally a nice person. You can say the same for Peach, sure, but Mario's not the one who's like, "I_am_the_plumber", bakes cakes, uses friggin' frying pans, cries to attack people, and is the type that likes to invite birds and deer to clean up his laundry. Even I'm not fond of his overly niceness sometimes, like when Luma steal his hat.

Most of your arguments you're making to Mario can apply to Baby Luigi.

Rosalina is probably the closest that we'll get with finding a Mario character who's gentle, innocent, friendly, and very good tempered. Rosalina never gets angry at all, even when she's losing, which is something that even Mario has struggled to do sometimes. In fact, whenever she loses, Rosalina either feels sad or faints, thinking that it's her own fault for doing poorly in a sport (unlike Wario, who typically accuses his opponents of cheating whenever he loses).

MnSG said:
Rosalina is probably the closest that we'll get with finding a Mario character who's gentle, innocent, friendly, and very good tempered. Rosalina never gets angry at all, even when she's losing, which is something that even Mario has struggled to do sometimes. In fact, whenever she loses, Rosalina either feels sad or faints, thinking that it's her own fault for doing poorly in a sport (unlike Wario, who typically accuses his opponents of cheating whenever he loses).

Her temperament is probably why I find her so dull.

MnSG said:
Maybe it's because when she does get angry, it's not pretty.

Magikrazy said:
MnSG said:

What? When has she ever been angry?

Donatello said:
Magikrazy said:
MnSG said:

That's her secret. She's always angry.

Donatello said:
Magikrazy said:
MnSG said:

I'm saying that if she were to get angry, it wouldn't be pretty.

Mcmadness said:
Her temperament is probably why I find her so dull.

That's one of the reasons why I'm quite fond of Rosalina though. There's hardly anything about her that's bad.

Back