Ray Trace

Fastest at casing, fastest at carrying
Poll Committee
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
MarioWiki
Ray Trace
Basically word your thoughts on some Mario characters in a sentence or so.

Mario
95px-Gameoverpl.png

Boring. If my sister didn't like him, I'd easily toss him aside

Luigi
120px-Marioparty1artwork.jpg

He's better than Mario, but he's still "whatever" for me. I used to like him as much as I like that other guy now.

Peach
120px-Peachart.PNG

She's ok, I guess.

Bowser
120px-Bowser_TA.png

Ok too.

Toad
115px-Toad_Artwork_-_Mario_Party_5.png

One of my favorites.

Yoshi
120px-YoshiUniversalGravitation.PNG

I hate this guy

Donkey Kong
107px-DonkeyKong_DKC2.jpg

He's hilarious when he dies

Wario
120px-Flaming_Wario_Artwork.jpg

Best character EVAH

Daisy
120px-Daisy2-SpikeStrike-MP9.png

Butt-Monkey #1

Waluigi
120px-MSMart4.png

Butt-Monkey #2

Bowser Jr.
120px-BowserJr.DoubleBogey.jpg

I like him

Birdo
120px-BirdoloseMP8.png

I hate her

Rosalina
120px-Rosalina_Double_Bogey.png

Easily one of my favorites

Toadette
109px-Toadettecyl.png

My #2 top favorite

Baby Mario
120px-BubblyFreak.png

I really like him

Baby Luigi
120px-Baby_Luigi_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

My absolute favorite character of all time (I bet you didn't know that)

Diddy Kong
120px-DiddyKongDoubleBogeyWorldTour.png

He's hilarious

Kamek
51px-Cage_peach_fake.png

I hate him.

Baby Peach
120px-Mariokartwii.babypeachart.png

She's ok. If she didn't overshadow Baby Luigi I'd like her more.

Baby Daisy
74px-Babydaisysimple.png

Used to dislike her, now I like her

Baby Rosalina
270px-Baby_Rosalina-MK8.png

Seriously!?

Baby Yoshi
120px-ToadBabyYoshiNSMBU.PNG

Yuck.

Metal Mario
Dr_Mario_Metal.png

Why is he even his own character? My sister likes him though.

Pink Gold Peach
300px-Pink_Gold_Peach.png

*facepalm*

Koopalings
120px-NSMBwii_koopalings.png

Don't care.

Might post some more

Petey Piranha is ok, he should at least cameo in later Mario Kart games if he's not gonna be playable

You put Bowser as ''ok'?'

YOU PUT BOWSER AS OK?!?!?!

YOU PUT BOWSER AS OK!?!?!?

ur mean

He's slightly better than "ok" in Mario Party games

by slightly I mean pretty dang awesome

GalacticPetey said:
Maybe if Bowser would stop being the villain of every goddang game, I'd like him more.

Amusingly by comparison thats why I like the guy so much.

That and his personality (when he's allowed to show it)

Playable Bowser is at best a whatever.

He really shines in Mario Party though.

My Opinions in a nutshell about some Mario characters

105px-Mario_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Somewhat of a great hero
123px-Luigi_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

Needs to man up
77px-Peach_FS.png

Why does she still get kidnapped? We know she can defend herself!
90px-DaisyMP8Official.png

Meh
112px-Princess_Rosalina_Super_Mario_Galaxy.png

Shmeh
97px-Yoshi_MP9.png

Ballon Baby Yoshi is a thousand times more useful
94px-Birdo_MP9.png

I don't care
81px-Toad_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_Land.png

Needs to man up, more so than Luigi
121px-Toadette111.png

I don't care
88px-Toadsworth_artwork_--_Super_Mario_Sunshine.PNG

I still don't care
124px-DonkeyDKCR.png

I know next to nothing about him
144px-DiddyDKCR.png

I know next to nothing about him too.
145px-BowserNSMBU.png

Best dad
145px-Warioloafing.png

Ugh. Bleh. Yuck. Ew. Need I say more?
145px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG

Whatever
110px-Kamek-212x283.png

He's a guy
120px-PeteySluggers.png

Don't really know
145px-Dry_Bowser_MSOWG.jpg

Cool I guess
100px-NSMBU_LarryKoopa.png

He's a cool dude
150px-MortonNSMBU.png

He needs more of a personality
150px-WendyNSMBU.png

Whiny (and fat)
150px-IggyNSMBU.png

The crazy magical carrot
150px-RoyNSMBU.png

I really don't care
90px-Lemmy_Koopa_NSMBU.png

So cute, must hug
150px-LudwigNSMBU.png
He's the best thing ever!
We should all know by now how I feel about him.
200px-Bowserjr_NSMBU.png

He's a great prince and good at tennis

I don't think Bowser Jr. is a Koopaling, but if you think he is, ah, well.

Mushroom_retainer.gif

This guy is adorable, yet he's hilarious when he's submerged in lava.

Diddyjuggleani.gif

He's cool. He's much better than that *shudder* giant brown thing.

Birdos.png

You. Stink.

109px-Metalmario.png

Metal Mario isn't amazing. He's awesome, epic, incredibly cool, and stuff, though.

120px-Sstrikerswaluigiicon.PNG

Leader of Buttmonkey Group. He's likeable, but that's because he sounds funny when he plunges down a cliff.

80px-BitsizeToadetteMP8.png

She's all right and all. Not an offensive character, but I prefer Toad.

BowserSPP.png

In Mario Party, he's amazing, but if he tries to be evil or playable, he utterly fails.

120px-StampBabyDaisySmoothMK8.jpg

Eh, I guess she's a little nuts in the brain.

67px-Luigimansionart2.png

Love this guy, but his fanbase can really tick me off at points.

103px-BowserjrPMSS.png

He's okay, I guess.

101px-Toadsworth_SuperMarioKun.jpg

Associated with the Butt Monkeys.

BabyMarioSMW2.png

He's good and manly, but not absolutely amazing.

120px-Creepy_Donkey_Dude.png

I'd avoid him if I were you.

PeachPinballMPL.png

If that's supposed to be the character female gamers are supposed to relate to, and therefore root for, they're not doing a great job.

120px-Mario_Start_4.png

Amazing and stuff. He's more amazing than Baby Luigi, that's for sure.

111px-Rosalina_icon_un.png

She's all right, but the attention she's been getting lately is questionable, but I don't blame her.

YoshiMASATOG.png

That voice it shrieks and squeals on a daily basis compels me to bring a chainsaw.

MP5Wario.png

Forget that I said somebody is amazing; this guy is even more amazing. Easily my favorite character.

120px-BrawlTrophy155.png

She's hilarious when she's dead. She's also much better than that ditzy princess.

120px-MSC_Mugshot_Daisy.png

I like her the most compared to the other princesses. Has a funny voice.

I forgot one more...

120px-MSC_Mugshot_Wario.png

He's so amazing, he needs to be listed again.

That's everyone I can think of right now.

UkJ7juk.gif

Mario:
He's a likeable character. Nothing incredibly outstanding though, at least for me. He spawned my favorite series though, so I gotta give credit where due.
Super-Mario-Bros-Realistic-Drawings-Luigi-Mockup.jpg

Luigi:
With more personality than Mario, he is a bit more likeable. Though overrated, he does shine when he gets a chance in the spotlight. His Dream's Deep thoughts were quite...deep. His entire role in Super Paper Mario was also epic.
HammerPeach.png

Peach:
Meh. She's OK, but I rarely use her in spinoffs. She has proven to be able to stand up to Bowser yet still manages to get kidnapped by him time and time again. I'd like her more if she stepped up her game.
tumblr_m8rlquvtP01rc5vqno1_250.gif

Bowser:
I used to like him more than I do now. The main reason is that I discovered other villains I liked more and realized they never appear because Nintendo shoehorns Bowser into everything now. On his own he's a pretty cool character but compared to other Mario villains he just falls flat. To me at least.
aatoad.jpg

Toad:
...EW. This abomination of a creature sickens me. It sounds like a baby with strep throat and it always says something annoying after passing me in Mario Kart, which is the main reason I came to dislike it.
toadsworth_line_art_by_loupz28-d4ggmmk.jpg

Toadsworth:
One of the few Toads I actually like. He doesn't have an annoying voice and grandfather-type characters in general are pretty cool. He seems like the nice grandpa to all those bratty generic Toads.
b6cb2e53c8c534d6ad522d16dd3b6f71.420x463x1.jpg

Yoshi:
Meh. Don't like him, don't hate him. He's just ok. Makes a nice extra boost in Super Mario World though.
Realistic_Fawful_by_M_Thirteen.jpg

Fawful:
One of my favorite characters, if not my top favorite. At first he seemed pretty meh, but then he became the recurring symbol of the original Mario & Luigi, and I began to like him more. His epic role in Bowser's Inside Story sealed him as easily one of my favorite Mario characters of all time. While his evil plan alone may not have been quite as epic as another, his way of carrying it out was unique and very entertaining. Being the only recurring RPG character outside cameos at the time, I really honestly had faith that he would make it out of the RPGs into other stuff. I still hope he comes back one day.
help_me____by_dordtchild-d49shuz.png

Dimentio:
If a villain is judged by their evil plan alone, Dimentio takes the cake easily. He played the entire cast of Super Paper Mario for fools as he pretended to carry out his master's orders but secretly set everything up to be perfect for his takeover. This is one of my favorite types of villains, and seeing it in a Mario game was really awesome. While not as big in the humor department as Fawful, Dimentio definitely wins in the badass department.
Wario_Fart_6.jpeg

Wario:
To be quite honest, Super Mario 64 DS was my first real exposure to Wario. And he became one of my favorite characters to play as in that game. When Brawl came along and Wario had a farting ability, he became one of my favorite Mario characters outside the RPGs. Admittedly I haven't tried his series, but he's definitely one of the better characters within the Mario franchise.
bitfwaluction_5152.jpg

Waluigi:
My favorite Mario spinoff character easily. Partly because he gets so much unnecessary hate. I mean, he's a freaking combination of Wario, Luigi and Dick Dastardly, who could hate that? Also because he's apparently the canon evil Luigi (Mr. L seems to be only a memory now) and SPM showed me that anything involving Luigi and evil is awesome, so that makes Waluigi awesome.
HiRes_Daisy_sprite__walk_by_ErnestoGP.gif

Daisy:
Huge meh. Loud, obnoxious, etc but still better than Toad.​

Mario: awesome guy
Luigi: even more awesome guy
Yoshi: amazing
Koopa Kid: underrated awesome
Bowser: awesome
Donkey Kong: amazing
Toad: awesome
Boo: somewhat awesome
Koopa Troopa: somewhat awesome
Shy Guy: somewhat awesome
Birdo: get out
Wario: get out
Waluigi: get out
Peach: awesome girl
Daisy: even more awesome girl
Rosalina: overrated but still somewhat awesome
Diddy Kong: awesome
Dixie Kong: awesome
King K Rool: amazing

DragonFreak said:
Everyone who hates Birdo is terrible :p

Bowser Jr. is the single most worst character in the entire Mario franchise.
I officially hate you.
Nah.
But You'll pay

Mario
MK8_Mario_Icon.png

An all-around good character. In fact, he's one of the main reasons for why I've been a Nintendo person in the first place.

Luigi
MK8_Luigi_Icon.png

A highly amusing character, thanks to his rather timid traits.

Peach
MK8_Peach_Icon.png

A very girly character. She's okay, but not all that impressive on most occasions.

Bowser
MK8_Bowser_Icon.png

He's bad, but in a good way. Leave it to Bowser to always make things interesting for people.

Yoshi
MK8_Yoshi_Icon.png

An underrated character, who should really get more attention. Enough playing second fiddle to the Mario Bros..

Toad
MK8_Toad_Icon.png

It feels bad knowing that he too tends to be stuck in the shadows.

Daisy
MK8_Daisy_Icon.png

A somewhat filler character who only played as a damsel once. I'm not all that fond of her.

Wario
MK8_Wario_Icon.png

If you want a greedy glutton, Wario is your man. He may be bad, but you can always count on Wario if you want a good laugh.

Waluigi
MK8_Waluigi_Icon.png

Wario's partner in crime is also here for comic relief. A very funny character, even though he's a spin-off exclusive.

Bowser Jr.
MSC_Mugshot_BowserJr.png

While it's nice to know that Bowser has a real son, it's sad that his relationship with Bowser Jr. hasn't been shown enough times. Bowser Jr. is higher ranked than the Koopalings after all, so I'd think that he'd be much more special.

Donkey Kong
MK8_DKong_Icon.png

He's quite an amusing character nowadays. All-around good for the most part.

Diddy Kong
DiddyKong-Boss-MP9.png

Funny how the Kong family isn't necessarily limited to just apes, but also monkeys and orangutangs. Diddy has been an okay character on most occasions.

Koopalings
Koopalings_-_New_Super_Mario_Bros_U.png

They've had a hard life throughout the years until New Super Mario Bros. Wii. However, some of them, I'm not all that fond of.

Rosalina
MK8_Rosalina_Icon.png

She's the only character to have an actual backstory. Being the most beautiful female (in my personal opinion) in the Mario Universe, Rosalina just feels very special and lovable, and is also very cute with her hairstyle. On the other hand, her fanbase can be rather dirty sometimes.

Mario:Eh. His too overused for anyone to really treat him like a great character.
Luigi: Less used than Mario, which makes him the better, less overused guy.
Peach:Ok. Not a fav, but at least she looks good.
Daisy: Hi, I'm annoying!
Wafio: *_* I am covered in fat.
Waluigi: Warning: Contains Swearing.
WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Like him more than Wario, but weh.
Bowser: A somewhat cool but slightly overused villain.
Bowser Jr.: A cool secondary character who has a better personality than Bowser
Yodhi: Don't mind him, don't like him.
Birdo: Hdiwjnkekejndnfodokejend I can't even begin.
DK: Get away from me.
Diddy: His Head is hanging in my basement.
Toad:TTTTOOOAAADDD!!!!! AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!! I'M AN ANNOYING BABY MUSHROOM!!!!
Toadette:Meh. Don't mind her, but still.
Rosalina:Best Female character by far.
Petey Pirahna: Fun and stuff, don't really like him too much tho.
King Boo: I actually like him, more evil than Bowser.
Baby Mario: Don't like the idea, but he's ok.
Baby Luigi: Ok as well, of Luigi, so.....
Baby Peach: Female Baby. Whatever.
Baby Diasy: Hiya! I'm evener annoyinger!
Baby Rosalina:........ No
Metal Mario: He's cool. He's shiny. He's an unused cooler Mario.
Pink Gold Peach: Female Metal Mario. Don't mind her.

Ninelevendo said:
Mario:Eh. His too overused for anyone to really treat him like a great character.

How can he be overused when he's the main protagonist?

MnSG said:
She's the only character to have an actual backstory
I hate it when people say Rosalina is the ONLY character to have any kind of backstory. I appreciate that she is one of the only non-RPG characters to have it, but the series as a whole has a lot of other characters who have backstories--some aren't as long but they still have them. Count Bleck is a prime example of this.

Ninelevendo said:
They use him when he doesn't need too be. Take Luigi's Mansion or Super Princess Peach for example.
Luigi's Mansion, perhaps Daisy would have been more fitting, but in Super Princess Peach the intent was role-reversal, so Mario made perfect sense as the one that had to be rescued.

Paper Mario said:
They use him when he doesn't need too be. Take Luigi's Mansion or Super Princess Peach for example.
Luigi's Mansion, perhaps Daisy would have been more fitting, but in Super Princess Peach the intent was role-reversal, so Mario made perfect sense as the one that had to be rescued.
[/quote]
I was kinda sketchy about the Peach one, but anyway.

If you want to get technical many Mario characters have a backstory.

Sure they are very basic but they technically have them.

Bowser for example, raised by Kamek since a baby to eventually be the king of Dark World.

But I know thats not really what people mean when they say backstory, they mean past events that are responsible for them becoming the characters they are, life defining moments, that sort of thing.

Paper Mario said:
MnSG said:
She's the only character to have an actual backstory
I hate it when people say Rosalina is the ONLY character to have any kind of backstory. I appreciate that she is one of the only non-RPG characters to have it, but the series as a whole has a lot of other characters who have backstories--some aren't as long but they still have them. Count Bleck is a prime example of this.

I really don't take into account RPG-exclusive characters if they only appear in Mario RPG games.

No pictures because I'm too lazy.

Mario
I like him enough. He is the Main character for who we owe the entire series' existence to. That said I don't play as him too often in most games.

Luigi
Probably my favorite Mario character. I almost always play as him in the Mario Spin-off games. I can't really explain WHY I play as Luigi the most clearly enough, but I just do. In Brawl/Project M, he's even one of my four mains.

Peach
Eh, I kinda dislike her most of the time. Because in a majority of the games she's in, she's either a bitch to play against in the Mario Spin-offs especially in Mario Party. Or she's always the damsel-in-distress. The only exceptions here are really Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D World, and most of the Mario RPGs (Albeit I mostly saw the Paper Mario series regarding this. I haven't read everything of what Peach has done in the Mario & Luigi games. Though I know Peach was a party member in Super Mario RPG as well). She's not the worst Mario character by any means, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan of her.

Bowser
Even if most of the time he's always the villain at the end (For the exception of pretty much most of the RPGs even if Paper Mario 1 and Sticker Star had Bowser as the final boss). He's pretty cool. I can't wait to try him out in Smash 4 where he looks to be far better then he ever was in the series.

Toad
I kinda like him as the short sidekick to the Mario Bros. He's been a part of the series for as long as Peach and Bowser has. Also I really liked his voice in Mario Kart 64 (Though part of it might just because I found his scream funny. Still I liked his "YAHOO!" and "Yeah! Hahaha" better lines then most of what he's said ever since he got that raspy voice that started in Super Mario Sunshine, I believe. While recently it's gotten confusing on just who is "the" Toad with the fact we had the Blue Toad and now Captain Toad. Toad's a bit of a classic either way. And for pete's sake, Nintendo. Toad could be a a Smash Bros. character and not just be Peach's meatshield :V

Yoshi
Yoshi's alright. He's made some pretty weird noises in the past though (Just what was used exactly to make his voice in Mario Kart 64? :???:). He also seems to always be kind of the underdog in Mario Party. Because even in most of the Let's Plays I've watched the person who's usually the underdog that wins the least amount of time plays as Yoshi. Like NintendoCapriSun from The Runaway Guys, and Clel from Mario Party TV. So in some ways, at least in Mario Party. Yoshi is like the Underdog who almost never wins, and when he does win it's a little more satisfying.

Donkey Kong
While I don't play his games alot. I know he has really big importance to Mario as of course he debuted with Mario. (Though some say Cranky is actually the old Donkey Kong and the Donkey Kong now is something else entirely... but wouldn't that make Mario really old then?). Kinda wish he'd be playable in the Mario Party series again though. Just have Rosalina be the one who gets the opposite of Bowser's spaces. I think it'd make much more sense. Not that Donkey Kong being playable would be enough to convince me to buy any Mario Party with that car...

Wario
He's fun to watch. I enjoy the addicting WarioWare series. And it's occasionally fun to screw around with him in any of the Mario Spin-offs. His Tuba + Accordion theme was just too perfect for him in Mario Strikers Charged.

Daisy
Er... she's kinda... my least favorite of the Mario Princesses. And considering I said I disliked Peach, that's saying something. She only exists because they needed a counterpart for Peach in the Spin-Off games, and "supposedly" give Luigi a girlfriend (Though the only things that have really hinted at any relationship between them is a line in Mario Power Tennis and the Statues in Daisy related course in Mario Kart Wii). And other then being more Tomboyish, she doesn't really provide anything that Peach doesn't already do. And despite Daisy having technically existed since 1989. Rosalina's earned more merit, and become much more likable in just 7 years then Daisy has in all 25 years of her existence.

Waluigi

I actually really, really like Waluigi. He used to be just a bit of a filler character, but I think Nintendo has provided lots more personality to him in some of more recent spin-offs. His quirky appearances in the Brawl in the Family comic and some of the Let's Plays have also giving me some Waluigi related laughs. If any of guys have seen the Runaway Guys play Fortune Steet, remember "Waluigi's Bridal Boutique"? But I think he shines the best in the Mario Striker games. If Waluigi is ever playable in the Smash series, that crotch chop NEEDS to be a taunt or at least a victory animation. It's just perfect.

Bowser Jr.

He's alright. Don't really care about him too much though

Birdo

Don't care whatsoever.

Rosalina

My favorite of the Mario Princesses. And not just because she's better then Peach because I don't dislike her as much. I actually do really like Rosalina. The recent promotion she's gotten was pretty sudden. But otherwise, it's cool to see a new and generally well-liked character get into some good spotlight. Some would argue too much, especially with the fact she got into Smash Bros. somehow. But nonetheless, I really welcome Rosalina. She'll be interesting to see how she does in Smash 4

Toadette
She's just a female version of Toad really. She's ok, and was cute in Thousand Year Door when she's telling Mario how to do upgrades. But otherwise I don't have any real strong feelings about her.

Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
I think of the babies they do have some worth in bringing in for the Spin-Offs since they actually do have some relevance to the games. The Yoshi ones anyway. Really I think most of the Baby Bros. I like the most is a stage in Double Dash called Baby Park. That stage was insane!

Kamek
I kind like him in the way that if Yoshi were to ever get a 2nd character. I'd hope it'd be him. As he's pretty much the closest to a main antagonist of the Yoshi games. It's a bit of a pipe dream. In other games he's just a character that either creates the bosses or makes the bosses harder. Don't really care about him when he's basically just the lackey for Bowser.

Rest of the Babies, the Metal version characters, and the Koopalings
I don't care

They could literally add Baby Metal Koopalina (Metal Baby Rosalina turned into a Koopaling) as a character to Mario Kart. And I still would not give a damn.

...Ok to be fair I'd be laughing my ass off if that happened. But otherwise, yeah.

Back