Rank the Mario Platformers (please separate 2D and 3D platformers!)

You know what Big Rigs isn't even a game at all. It's more like a 20 something dollar barf fest. I mean here is my own video review of it.

This topic has nilch to do with Big Rigs. Please take your Big Rigs discussion somewhere else.

Pwwnd123 said:
Yeah Big Rigs is a total ripoff thats not worth the money when we had good games like F Zero GX , Double Dash and Grand Theft Auto Vice City at the time of the game's release.
Except in those games, you can't reach infinite speeds in reverse.

2D:

New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2

3D

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario 64 DS

In general I think Galaxy 2 was the last real good 3D Mario game right before they fucked it up with 3D Land which ruined the formula that was established since 64. I like the old style 3D Mario that doesn't play retro style like the NSMB series more. Come on Nintendo, I liked the old non linear style of the 3D Marios and Nintendo should bring it back with Galaxy 3 or Sunshine 2. I mean Galaxy 2 is the last real good 3D Mario in existance, I mean it's like saying how a lot of people say say X4 was the last real good Mega Man X game. I mean 3D Land is okay but not as good as Galaxy 2. We are missing the old non linear 3D Marios where we could explore freely and collect Power Stars or Shine Sprites.

I think Galaxy 2 is that awesome of a game like how MMX4 was. I think SMG2 is the real last great 3D Mario. It is the last to follow the same formula set by 64 like collecting Power Stars and being big Mario forever and not playing like the 2D games. 3D Land and 3D World aren't as great as SMG2. I think I like collecting Power Stars more.

Sorry but I enjoyed 3D World miles more than I enjoyed either Galaxy games.

Super Mario 3D World is the last great Mario platformer.

And by great, I mean, like, 7-8/10 great.

Maᴙio said:
Super Mario 3D World is the last great Mario platformer.

....but it IS the latest Mario platformer

Nysic said:
3D World was awesome, but it's so annoying to 100% it

the character stamps are stupid to unlock

I can't imagine anyone that has to sit through that Gusty Garden music in 3D World, not in one, but TWO (minimum) play through of the worst level in the game.

I honestly don't like SMB2, even with the cool character selection idea. Never played Land, the original, is, well, the original, cant bag it out too much. SMB3 was pretty good, same as World. NSMB, while the graphics aren't the best nowdays, is still awesome. Wii was still fun, 2 was just awful (its a copy of the two with nothing new). Haven't played U much, but it looks ok in my eyes. Luigi U sounds exactly like my type of game.

64 is pretty good, DS was better of course, didn't play too much of 3D World, but it looks pretty good as well. I liked the Galaxy ones, and Sunshine just seems... I don't know. It isnt bad, but its just... bland. 3D Land wasn't the best either, but was still ok.

I think 3D Land is the game that fucked the 3D Mario formula up. I mean it is more linear and you don't get to explore the environments freely and collect Power Stars/Shine Sprites. I don't own a 3DS so I never played but I have seen images and footage of it. I mean it has no life meter unlike the Galaxy duology, Sunshine and 64. I loved how you didn't shrunk and you were always regular Mario all the time. I think Nintendo should make the 3D Marios more non linear again and go back to the old style last seen in Galaxy 2.

So you're going with the classic 3D Player formula: I've never played it, but I've seen pictures so I know it's bad/good.

Nysic said:
So you're going with the classic 3D Player formula: I've never played it, but I've seen pictures so I know it's bad/good.
Come on, I watch Youtube videos of it myself unlike this Pwwnd123 guy who doesn't even do that and just looks at one-off pictures.

1. NSMBWii
2. SMW
3. SMB2
4. SMB3
5. NSMB
6. SMB

haven't played lost levels, nsmb2, nsmbu or nslu

1. SMG2
2. SMS
3. SM64
4. SM3DW
5. SM64DS
6. SM3DL

haven't played SMG1

Sunshine best 3D

Best 2D I'm indecisive

3D Player 2004 said:
Nysic said:
Come on, I watch Youtube videos of it myself unlike this Pwwnd123 guy who doesn't even do that and just looks at one-off pictures.
Which is still not close to playing the game at all.

I believe SM64 is the most influential 3D Platformer at the time. It inspired many others like Crash Bandicoot and Banjo Kazooie.

Just like how Mario Kart is basically what EVERY cartoon racing game copies.

I don't know why I think Sunshine wasn't the best. It just didn't feel the same.

Ninelevendo said:
Just like how Mario Kart is basically what EVERY cartoon racing game copies.

Including Gran Turismo and Big Rigs which isn't even a game right? Gran Turismo is about racing too but it is intended for an hard audience unlike Mario Kart. Big Rigs is no racing game and it's not even a game at all. Big Rigs is a pile of a barf fest.

Pwwnd123 said:
Gran Turismo is about racing too but it is intended for an hard audience unlike Mario Kart.
What exactly is "hard"?

Pwwnd123 said:
Big Rigs is no racing game and it's not even a game at all. Big Rigs is a pile of a barf fest.

Thanks for letting me know. I totally forgot what you said the first million times you said that.

Okay, stop that.

Same for you, Pwwnd123.

Back