Rank the Mario Platformers (please separate 2D and 3D platformers!)

Paper Mario said:
Baby Man said:
Your point is week because it's over a huge time span. How about eating a Big Mac for breakfast, lunch, AND dinner for three days?
There was a time when I had one or two every day. I still eat one or two nearly every other day.

I eat fast food less than once a week on average. I would get sick at the thought of eating Chicken Mcnuggets every other day, no matter how much I happen to like Chicken Mcnuggets

Branding it as a "sequel" doesn't suddenly give it an excuse to be the exact same game I played. Why aren't you an ardent defender of Call of Duty, they create "sequels" so that means they're ok too. Half-Life 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Majora's Mask, are also all sequels too that did what sequels are supposed to do: vastly improve the last game while giving it a handful of new features that should work. If not, then at least lower the ----- price of the game.

You said Mario Party is a cash grab? You have a terrible opinion.

I only said that the GameCube Mario Parties are such a pile of souless cash grabs. I mean take a look at the NES Mega Mans if you want to know what you would want to call a pile of souless cash grabs.

Mega Man 2 improved upon Mega Man 1 but 3 improved upon it even further and 4 included that charge shot built in and introduced Beat. Mega Man 5 and 6 offered no god damn improvements and that's how Mega Man 5 and 6 were just another souless cash grab for Capcom. I mean there were 6 goddamn Mega Man games on the NES and that's what you would call a cash grab like how you would call Mario Party 6 and 7 on the GameCube in my opinion. Sure all six NES Mega Mans offered nearly the same gameplay with Mega Man having his charge shots in Mega Man 3,4,5 and 6. I mean the Mario Parties have became redundant like Mega Man. Sure I mean SMG2 offers nearly some of the same gameplay as SMG1 but there were some nuances in Galaxy 2 that weren't in the original. I mean c'mon you don't see Mega Man 2 being criticized for having the same kind of gameplay because that's because Mega Man was an awesome franchise. Sure Capcom used that same core engine with some slight twists here and there and re-barfed Mega Man on the NES 4 more times and that is what you would call a "shameless piece of crap" that you played again and again.

So do you get what I am trying say with the classic Mega Man series as an example?

Yes, exactly. You called the GameCube Mario Parties for being a soulless cashgrab. You have a terrible opinion.

So are the NES Mega Mans one of the best examples I've given?

No because they're released on a godamn NES before the days of the Internet.

Here is a great example of a flawed game that it's sequel or is it considered to be a sequel which tried to fix most or some of it's flaws.: Castlevania 64 and Castlevania Legacy of Darkness for the N64

A lot of Castlevania fans say Castlevania 64 was flawed buggy piece of crap of a game due to the targeting system and camera and it was rushed. But Legacy of Darkness improved it and fix all of its flaws.

Here is CV64 footage to show how awful CV64 is to most people.

Here is Legacy of Darkness

So Baby Luigi, do you now view Galaxy 2 in the same way Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is to Castlevania 64 in terms that you consider it to be the same piece of crap but with extra content to make it extra special.

Look I've NEVER PLAYED ANY OF THOSE GAMES. STOP THROWING THEM IN MY FACE.

pretty interesting subject.

Okay, let's start with 2d then.

Let's hope I won't forget anything.

Worst game goes to New Super Mario Bros. 2 I guess, nothing new, nothing excititng.

Next spot is NSMBW, which suffered the same fate as the above, except for it saw the return of the koopalings that have been absent since (i think) yoshis safari.

(Note: i consider all other games top tier.)

then NSMBU, which is an arguably better game but still bad compared to other 2d marios.

Do not scold me now but next one would actually be the original Super Mario Bros, because let's face it: It loses in comparison.

At least to the first NSMB, which was (at it's time) fresh, because of the long absense of 2d marios. And hey it's not its fault that it got copied thrice.

Next up SMB 2. We all know it's different but that's why it's actually more interesting than the original one. I really like it.

You know where this is going.

#2 is Smb 3 for me. It took everything that made the first game great and multiplied it over and over.

#1 has to be SMW.

SMW is king and there ain't no Queen.

Note: except for nsmb2 ive played all of those.

Note2: after reading your list blof, i can see your point about the nsmb games there, although i think that every mario game should be fresh and not as repetitive as nsmbw and 2. i dont know why but nsmbu just felt way more like a mario game to me, even considering the 30 minutes or so that ive only played from it.

Note3: also yeah, the first mario game that i have beaten was actually NSMB.

I'll do 3d marios later. Also I probably forgot a game butI'm just too tired right now,

MidnaFreak said:
Note2: after reading your list blof, i can see your point about the nsmb games there, although i think that every mario game should be fresh and not as repetitive as nsmbw and 2. i dont know why but nsmbu just felt way more like a mario game to me, even considering the 30 minutes or so that ive only played from it

At the time, I found New Super Mario Bros. Wii to be a very fresh game, mainly because it's the first Mario platformer to have up to 4 players at once. It was tons of fun. Now we've gotten superior 4 player platformers on the Wii though (Rayman Origins, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, etc.). Still, New Super Mario Bros. Wii will always have a special place in my heart.

Baby Man said:
MidnaFreak said:
Note2: after reading your list blof, i can see your point about the nsmb games there, although i think that every mario game should be fresh and not as repetitive as nsmbw and 2. i dont know why but nsmbu just felt way more like a mario game to me, even considering the 30 minutes or so that ive only played from it

At the time, I found New Super Mario Bros. Wii to be a very fresh game, mainly because it's the first Mario platformer to have up to 4 players at once. It was tons of fun. Now we've gotten superior 4 player platformers on the Wii though (Rayman Origins, Kirby's Return to Dreamland, etc.). Still, New Super Mario Bros. Wii will always have a special place in my heart.
Just wondering, have you ever tried Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Baby Man said:
No. Because destroying copies of a game you bought (which isn't cheap, mind you) is a waste of time, money, and resources. It's better off you sell it if you hate it that much.

Well, what if a game turned out to be exactly as bad like Big Rigs. Would you go and smash a copy of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing that was just laying around somewhere. I mean new copies of Big Rigs cost like 200 or something dollars and that is a total rip off for such a shitty game even though there are clearly better driving games out there that are better than Big Rigs such as Mario Kart:Double Dash!! and F-Zero GX on the GameCube and god forbid Grand Theft Auto:Vice City, GTA 3 and San Andreas for Windows, Xbox and of course the obvious PS2. Well let's say if it is a used copy that you just so happened to own, would you go and smash the living crap out of Big Rigs even though it is a total barf fest. I mean Big Rigs isn't even a game. Big Rigs:Over the Road Racing is called Big Rigs: Over The Road Driving Barf Glitch Fest and that's it's new name assigned by me Pwwnd123. Hell, Johnny and Eliot from Super Gaming Bros. smashed the living hell out of their copy of Big Rigs and they cooked hot dogs over the disc's ashes and ripped box.

Pwwnd123 said:
Baby Man said:
No. Because destroying copies of a game you bought (which isn't cheap, mind you) is a waste of time, money, and resources. It's better off you sell it if you hate it that much.

Well, what if a game turned out to be exactly as bad like Big Rigs. Would you go and smash a copy of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing that was just laying around somewhere. I mean new copies of Big Rigs cost like 200 or something dollars and that is a total rip off for such a *bleep*ty game even though there are clearly better driving games out there that are better than Big Rigs such as Mario Kart:Double Dash!! and F-Zero GX on the GameCube and god forbid Grand Theft Auto:Vice City, GTA 3 and San Andreas for Windows, Xbox and of course the obvious PS2. Well let's say if it is a used copy that you just so happened to own, would you go and smash the living crap out of Big Rigs even though it is a total barf fest. I mean Big Rigs isn't even a game. Big Rigs:Over the Road Racing is called Big Rigs: Over The Road Driving Barf Glitch Fest and that's it's new name assigned by me Pwwnd123. Hell, Johnny and Eliot from Super Gaming Bros. smashed the living hell out of their copy of Big Rigs and they cooked hot dogs over the disc's ashes and ripped box.

What part of "I would never destroy a game copy" do not not understand?

Baby Man said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Baby Man said:

Well, what if a game turned out to be exactly as bad like Big Rigs. Would you go and smash a copy of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing that was just laying around somewhere. I mean new copies of Big Rigs cost like 200 or something dollars and that is a total rip off for such a *bleep*ty game even though there are clearly better driving games out there that are better than Big Rigs such as Mario Kart:Double Dash!! and F-Zero GX on the GameCube and god forbid Grand Theft Auto:Vice City, GTA 3 and San Andreas for Windows, Xbox and of course the obvious PS2. Well let's say if it is a used copy that you just so happened to own, would you go and smash the living crap out of Big Rigs even though it is a total barf fest. I mean Big Rigs isn't even a game. Big Rigs:Over the Road Racing is called Big Rigs: Over The Road Driving Barf Glitch Fest and that's it's new name assigned by me Pwwnd123. Hell, Johnny and Eliot from Super Gaming Bros. smashed the living hell out of their copy of Big Rigs and they cooked hot dogs over the disc's ashes and ripped box.

What part of "I would never destroy a game copy" do not not understand?

Well if it is a crappy horrible game like Big Rigs is what I don't understand.

No because the absolute worst thing you can do to a game is a get a full refund from it. That way, the company who made the game loses their profits.

Well are Mario Kart:Double Dash!!, F-Zero GX/AX, Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City and San Andreas clearly the better driving games than Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing a.k.a Big Rigs:Over The Road Driving Glitch Barf Fest?

Baby Man said:
No because the absolute worst thing you can do to a game is a get a full refund from it. That way, the company who made the game loses their profits.

I think Stellar Stone, the creator of this barf fest of a game is already bankrupt let alone defunct.

Those games don't have a physics defying truck than can drive to light speed in reverse, so I'd say they're at a disadvantage

YoshiGo99 said:
Just wondering, have you ever tried Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Actually no.

Since my Wii is about useless right now I'll probably homebrew it soon enough then I'll check it out!

Yeah Big Rigs is a total ripoff thats not worth the money when we had good games like F Zero GX , Double Dash and Grand Theft Auto Vice City at the time of the game's release.

Back