Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

I prefer some of the base designs. Like main Mario Dry Bones>>>>>>>>>>>>>Paper Mario Dry Bones and main Mario Boos>>>>>>>>>Paper Mario Boos. Ugh.

Though the Buzzy Beetles are better in Paper Mario.

It sounds like garbage

inb4 "it IS garbage"

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Mcmadness said:
Except for the SPM styled plot. That would be garbage.
To you maybe, but you said yourself that it's an unpopular opinion so...

So I wasn't suckered in by cliched writing from a game that took itself too seriously in a franchise thats supposed to be light hearted and fun.

Cliched=/=bad. There's nothing wrong with a serious Mario game, especially if it's an RPG. I prefer the cliches in SPM to the ones in Sticker Star any day.

Cliched=/=bad. There's nothing wrong with a serious Mario game, especially if it's an RPG. I prefer the cliches in SPM to the ones in Sticker Star any day.

Cliched does mean bad, when something is overused it becomes cliched, it means to be devoid of originality.

And if you ask me, there is plenty wrong with a serious Mario game, especially on SPM's level.

Leave the heavy story telling to franchises that are actually good at it. Not a series where a bloody plumber is your main character.

You're acting like unoriginal is automatically bad and original is automatically good.

Tuxedo Ridley said:
You're acting like unoriginal is automatically bad and original is automatically good.

I am acting like nothing. I am calling out SPM for what it is, unoriginal tripe. It is the NSMB of overused plotlines. The other rpgs at least put some kind of spin on an old idea. But nope, not SPM. Its more than happy enough to have you sit through extremely predictable plot points with character types we've all seen dozens of times before and done much better in other games.

Like it or not, SPM is not a bad game and its story is one of its biggest accomplishments. Having cliched parts is nothing new, as it was in TTYD too (I think the partners even outright say "Isn't that kind of cliched" a couple of times) Yeah SPM may have more of it but that by no means makes it a bad game. It's not cliched to the point of being old and boring like the stories in NSMB and Sticker Star.

NSMB and SS at least have the excuse of the plot not mattering, SPM is full of overused crap that you are somehow expected to take seriously and is a prime focus, making it all the more irritating to sit through.

Also saying its story is the game's biggest acomplishment is not something to be praised for. Thats really pathetic.

Mcmadness said:
NSMB and SS at least have the excuse of the plot not mattering
Whoa whoa whoa.

NSMB maybe, but Sticker Star has NO excuse. It is an RPG, and RPGs are supposed to have a deep or detailed plot.

You bash SPM which actually put effort into its characters and plot, then excuse SS which has barely any plot at all?

I may have some unpopular opinions but even people who dislike SPM usually say the story is one of the few things it did right. To bash its story and excuse Sticker Star's barebones one is like enjoying stale toast while rejecting fresh toast.

You miss understand me. My point with SS is this. Yes, its plot sucks but the difference between SPM's *bleep* story and SS's *bleep* story is that one of these expects you to get invested in its crappiness while the other pretty much says outright you can ignore it no problem.

Also rpgs are NOT by default meant to have detailed stories. There are hundreds of excellent rpgs out there that have little to no real overall plotline, many of which are far superior to SPM.

NSMB maybe, but Sticker Star has NO excuse. It is an RPG, and RPGs are supposed to have a deep or detailed plot.

Heh, what?

Turn-based RPGs I kinda undertand. Slower paced gameplay means it's ripe for a plot. But then, Pokemon is not plot heavy at all

Action RPGs? Nah it's not a requirement.

Does anyone think Sticker Star is worse than Mega Man X7 for the PS2. I mean people say Mega Man X7 was horrible and was a piece of shit on that system.

Ninelevendo said:
Diantha said:
GabbyHayes said:
Write an essay :3 So, did anyone get the Luigi parade?
I didn't because I can't finish the game.
I figured out the alternate route thing in World 1-2. But the door in World 2-1 is killing me. They don't tell you where to find the Poison Mushroom. It's not in the shops. I'm hitting all the item boxes.
But then again, I haven't finished World 1 yet.
Here's a clue to the door: Finish World One.
I should finish World 2 before I attempt to get past
that sleeping Wiggler or whatever. This game has paths open and I can't even use them! Bummer.

Pwwnd123 said:
Does anyone think Sticker Star is worse than Mega Man X7 for the PS2. I mean people say Mega Man X7 was horrible and was a piece of shit on that system.
Does anyone think you've said that fifteen billion times and we get it already? Sheesh.

Mega Man X7 has a lot of bias towards it and a lot of people say it sucks, is this true.

Magikrazy said:
Hey guys, you know what Sticker Star reminds me of? Mega Man X7!
NO WAY! Mega Man X7 reminds me of Sticker Star!

SPMs Strory Sucked. It was like a cartoon drawn by kid who doent have hands. And some of the enemies look pretty bad in the first three paper Mario's. Like the Boo's, Buzzy Beetles and some others.

Ninelevendo said:
SPMs Strory Sucked. It was like a cartoon drawn by kid who doent have hands. And some of the enemies look pretty bad in the first three paper Mario's. Like the Boo's, Buzzy Beetles and some others.
You have an SPM character in your avatar so...

And the characters were from another dimension. Some of them did look weird so I ignored that and took the story as simply an epic adventure to far-out worlds.

Ninelevendo said:

And the characters were from another dimension. Some of them did look weird so I ignored that and took the story as simply an epic adventure to far-out worlds.
Mr. L was good and all, but treated more like a joke than a real story twist to be worthy of anything. The whole dimension thing didn't make sense since there's 2D AND 3D IN THE SAME DIMENTION. The whole Pixl thing was a bit weird, but not bad. Merlon being the main good guy was a bit too much, and the Book things are just stupid and make the story bad. I mean, why bother with a story when the outcome is obviously written in the good book?

Ninelevendo said:
Ninelevendo said:

Mr. L was good and all, but treated more like a joke than a real story twist to be worthy of anything. The whole dimension thing didn't make sense since there's 2D AND 3D IN THE SAME DIMENTION. The whole Pixl thing was a bit weird, but not bad. Merlon being the main good guy was a bit too much, and the Book things are just stupid and make the story bad. I mean, why bother with a story when the outcome is obviously written in the good book?
Actually the Dark Prognosticus was the true prophecy. The question was whether the Pure Hearts could stave off the inevitable. Also isn't it obvious in any Mario game that good will beat evil in the end?

Ninelevendo said:
Ninelevendo said:

Actually the Dark Prognosticus was the true prophecy. The question was whether the Pure Hearts could stave off the inevitable. Also isn't it obvious in any Mario game that good will beat evil in the end?
It's not like the story made you think "Wow! Wasn't expecting that!" And didn't the Dark one say the world was going to end?

Watch any blind playthrough of SPM, I guarantee you the player will be surprised at some points.

And yes. That means a story-sequel should be in order at some point as the Dark Prognosticus and Chaos Heart will supposedly rise again and again until it succeeds. And since that won't happen the story will go on forever.

Back