Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

Ninelevendo said:
SPMs Strory Sucked. It was like a cartoon drawn by kid who doent have hands. And some of the enemies look pretty bad in the first three paper Mario's. Like the Boo's, Buzzy Beetles and some others.

> Says story sucks.
> Gives no reason; insteads complain about graphics.

And I actually love how the Buzzy Beetles look in the PM series. They're so cute.

Not BMB said:
Ninelevendo said:
SPMs Strory Sucked. It was like a cartoon drawn by kid who doent have hands. And some of the enemies look pretty bad in the first three paper Mario's. Like the Boo's, Buzzy Beetles and some others.

> Says story sucks.
> Gives no reason; insteads complain about graphics.

And I actually love how the Buzzy Beetles look in the PM series. They're so cute.
I was giving thought on two matters at the same time since my absence. Buzzy Beetles would be fine if they didn't have such hideous feet.

GabbyHayes said:
I like SPM. ;.;

WHY DUDE. WHY. SPM IS A GOOD GAME

Its a mediocre platformer with a shit story. Its ok at best.

Peach because shes a good person.

Bowser has no excuse, him saving another person for no benefit to himself is a very out of character moment for him. Mind you Bowser is so poorly written in SPM that it doesn't surprise me they'd screw that up.

I always took it as Bowser's ego being to large for him to chicken out and leave. That's why he and O'Chunks just started arguing, because they both wanted to be the tough guy.

Bowser's got a huge ego sure but he's also extremely self centered. Him saving anyone is out of character for him. He's a villain before anything else.

The only person Bowser cared about saving was Peach. That's only because his entire calling in life is kidnapping her. Everything else was him trying to look more badass than O'Chunks.

He already beat the guy in a fight, if he were written properly he would have just smugly left him there to die.

Hell even Peach herself is expendable, Bowser's tried to kill her a few times before when she got in his way.

No, that's still Bowser. Think of Super Sluggers for example. Bowser wasn't doing of out of kindness or anything, and besides, since when did he want to kill Peach? He married her for crying out loud.

Ninelevendo said:
No, that's still Bowser. Think of Super Sluggers for example. Bowser wasn't doing of out of kindness or anything, and besides, since when did he want to kill Peach? He married her for crying out loud.

The sports games really don't reflect the characters at all so I just ignore them.

And he's tried to kill her in Super Princess Peach, 3D World and the opening of Bowser's inside story.

>Ignores blatant facts
>Thinks Bower tries to kill Peach
Two problems right there.

Bower never tried to kill Peach. Yeah, he tried STOPPING her from foiling his plans, but he never said "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU BECAUSE I'M A MONSTER WITH NO PERSONALITY". What did he do in Inside Story? I don't remember him ever intending to do anything to Peach in that game.

Ninelevendo said:
>Ignores blatant facts

Bower never tried to kill Peach. Yeah, he tried STOPPING her from foiling his plans, but he never said "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU BECAUSE I'M A MONSTER WITH NO PERSONALITY". What did he do in Inside Story? I don't remember him ever intending to do anything to Peach in that game.

The sports games don't reflect the personalities of any of the characters, thats why I ignore them. You also tried to use SPM as an example for why what he did in SPM reflects his character. Thats not how arguments work.

Also, he tried to crush her, set her on fire, bash her with hammers, claw her with his claws and blow her up. Stuff like that usually kills someone.

In BiS he tried to incinerate her in the beginning when she pissed him off.

Ninelevendo said:
>Ignores blatant facts

The sports games don't reflect the personalities of any of the characters, thats why I ignore them. You also tried to use SPM as an example for why what he did in SPM reflects his character. Thats not how arguments work.

Also, he tried to crush her, set her on fire, bash her with hammers, claw her with his claws and blow her up. Stuff like that usually kills someone.This is Mario. That might bruise, not kill.

In BiS he tried to incinerate her in the beginning when she pissed him off.You mean try to kidnap and than an accidental inhale?

Spin-offs do put in character personality. For example, every power shot and stat reflects their personality, and in some games that have Story Modes, they show personality. You can't ignore MGWT, MTPT, MGAT, MG (GBC), MT (GBC), and multiple other ones just because they are sports games. That's like ignoring Mario & Luigi games just becaus it's a spin off.

If that's how arguments work, the why avoid the aspect that proves you wrong?

Ninelevendo said:
Ninelevendo said:
>Ignores blatant facts

In BiS he tried to incinerate her in the beginning when she pissed him off.You mean try to kidnap and than an accidental inhale?

He actually did try to blast her with flames, but Mario jumped in and saved her.

Azusa Nakano said:
Ninelevendo said:
Ninelevendo said:
>Ignores blatant facts

He actually did try to blast her with flames, but Mario jumped in and saved her.
Right. None of these still seem very "Must kill Peach" though. It's more a "get out of my way". Or at least that's how I felt.

All of that stuff I mentioned causes the loss of a life in game. That is lethal force, no matter however you try to mince words about it.

I never said the sports games don't give personality. I said they don't reflect the personalities seen in the main games and otherwise. Its a bad representation of the characters.

Meloetta said:
The main games don't show personality at all :-\

Initially no. But they do it more now. At least the galaxy games did.

Eh, I guess the Galaxy games had a little, but the spinoffs are a lot better at it.

Meloetta said:
Eh, I guess the Galaxy games had a little, but the spinoffs are a lot better at it.

Yeah I know, but not much you can do about that.

Mcmadness said:
He already beat the guy in a fight, if he were written properly he would have just smugly left him there to die.
I still don't understand what you mean by this. I haven't seen Bowser act any different in Super Paper Mario than he has in any other RPG (aside from Sticker Star, where he was merely a mindless, rampaging monster).

Back