Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

...Wait, what?

You just acknowledged everyone makes mistakes, then went right back to proclaiming that every game Nintendo makes is of the highest quality.

Nintendo is definitely careful and safe, as any video game corporation that knows what they're doing, but at times they're a bit TOO careful and safe ie New Super Mario Bros. games. A game being stale and old is also a fair criticism of the game: the game should offer you a good reason you should play it over previous existing games of the franchise; if it's exactly alike, why should you bother playing the new game if you know exactly what you'll get?

Nintendo doesn't always fix their mistakes, and Sticker Star and Mario Party 9 aren't even developed by Nintendo. I could go on to say that Mario Party 9 is a giant mistake because its changes are poorly executed, which we rather have an old, traditional formula that works than a one that frustrates and isn't fun to play, and I could go into great detail why Mario Party 9 is terrible, but it's off-topic and not the purpose of the thread. This is the reason some people may like some older games: gameplay doesn't age, at least not as quickly as other factors.

Nintendo no doubt makes great games from a technical stand-point since their games usually work, run at a locked FPS, be it 30 or 60, and are debugged rather cleanly. The real question is that if their games are any fun to play and worth their 60 dollar value, in which opinions may differ.

I clearly said, EVERYONE makes mistakes, but PM SS and MP9 weren't one of them. Everyone has their opinions, and I respect your opinion. But, like I said, most people liked those games. I think we should just drop the topic since we can't seem to agree. I respect anyone's opinions, even if I don't agree, so what. But, if someone doesn't like something, they shouldn't go trolling around and telling people that it's horrible. Nintendo is in fact, the place to go for quality games, but that's not to say they haven't made mistakes. Like I said, most people liked those games. So because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean it's bad. Just means it's bad in their opinion. :luigi: :daisy:

The most likely reason people think Sticker Star and Mario Party 9 were mistakes because...just look at the context they were released.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star was the first handheld Paper Mario game that originally featured the Thousand-Year Door system people wanted after they had to deal with a changed formula in the form of Super Paper Mario. It's great to have a game that plays differently every so once in a while but people would also like a newer game in the form of the older style they were used to. And Paper Mario: Sticker Star looked exactly like that. It was basically the Paper Mario game they asked for. That is, until we get some drastic changes later in development which nixed the promising partner system and the battles and we got Paper Mario: Sticker Star. Of course, that's ok if the changes make sense and were still fun to play, but it shattered people's expectations nevertheless. But the problem was that the new gameplay system also didn't work out for everybody who were still hoping for a decent Paper Mario game. Gone were the older stuff they grew up with such as established characters or at least a memorable plot. Bowser and Luigi don't even speak any lines, and they're one of the most talkative characters in the game. The sticker battle system was also flawed but as I said, I can't say HOW it's flawed because I personally haven't played it.

As for Mario Party 9, the gap between it and Mario Party DS was the longest in the Mario Party series. Then we got Mario Party 9, which people actually wanted to be just as good (actually better) than Mario Party 8. The problem is the car system, which was horribly flawed and luck-based, plus the removal of items which also helped played the game in your favor and are necessary to win Mario Party matches. Also, another large part of the Mario Party system, arguably the biggest and only reason to play Mario Party, the minigames, are now an after thought and are not required, as they are in previous Mario Party games, to win the match. It's a sad thing too: Mario Party 9 has arguably better minigames than Mario Party 8.

Luigidaisy1 said:
Nintendo is in fact, the place to go for quality games

That's not necessarily true. I'm a die-hard Mario fan but I still had great quality enjoyment with other games not associated with the Mario franchise, nor with Nintendo at all. I suggest you open up a bit and maybe try a recommended game that suits your tastes outside the Nintendo spectrum.

First off, I love loads of other games that are clearly not Nintendo. Don't go judging people because they like a game someone else doesn't. I love games like COD, Halo, Assassins Creed, Battlefield, Forza, and so on. Thank you for stating why you don't like these games. I really appreciate when people do that because, I for one, hate communication gaps. I very much respect your opinions and I think we should drop it here. Were both Mario fans, we both understand why we do/don't like the games. And I think this is/was a great discussion. Like I said, thank you for sharing your opinions. :D :luigi: :daisy:

Luigidaisy1 said:
Don't go judging people because they like a game someone else doesn't.

Your comment is often made by people who don't realize there are tons of great other games out there, so it's reasonable for me to assume that you may not know of other games.

Clearly I know more games then you. I named all those games, and those aren't even close to how many games out there I love. Please, don't go judging people because they like a game you don't. I respect your opinion, now please, respect mine. :luigi: :daisy:

Luigidaisy1 said:
Clearly I know more games then you. I named all those games, and those aren't even close to how many games out there I love. Please, don't go judging people because they like a game you don't. I respect your opinion, now please, respect mine. :luigi: :daisy:

I've never attacked your opinion. Good lord. All I was doing is stating facts. Did I ever say your opinion was wrong? NO.

Besides, you're clearly making assumptions about me now. How do you know how many games I know? I'd like an answer to that if you please.

You are certainly acting like you're not respecting my opinion. Also, I said that because clearly you didn't understand my post. I named all those games, and stated "So on". Which clearly means I love a lot more, just named the ones that came to the top of my head. The Mario Boards are for discussing about stuff in games, (More notably, Marioverse) not for arguing. I understand why you don't like the game, and I respect it. I honestly don't know why you're being negative about this. Let's just drop this. Did you NOT get my message I sent you. I clearly apologized. So, let's just drop this. Please. You can say what you want, you can even finish the discussion, just don't judge me on what I like or do. :luigi: :daisy:

You just named a few names anyone with any knowledge of popular video game franchises would know and flaunted your superiority. Tell me how your post got misinterpreted?

Don't go on the defensive, Luigidaisy1, there's nothing to be defensive about... :/

No.. Anyone with video game knowledge knows what those games are, and people with no knowledge might only hear about COD. Do you play games like MMORPGs? Maybe FPS? Maybe 3rd person action adventure games like,Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, or even Metal Gear Solid? Don't go judging people just because they named a few games. That's called trolling. :luigi: :daisy:

Oh look at that, you're doing it again.

Oh look at that, you're trolling again. I clearly know WAY more games then I mentioned. Not to mention PLAY. Do me a favor and stop trolling, because that's what derpish trolls do. :luigi: :daisy:

Maᴙio said:
Don't go on the defensive, Luigidaisy1, there's nothing to be defensive about... :/

I'm not even attacking you. I'm just saying, there's little reason to feel really touchy like this (accusing Vomnmak at of trolling), and this is coming from a touchy girl.

Being defensive like that out of nowhere encourages people to act more aggressively when they shouldn't, so I'm just trying to let you know that.

I understand. But I think I am clearly not the one being defensive. Trying to stick up for something they don't like. Also, I am not touchy. I am done discussing about this as for now. If you post in the mean time, I might not even notice till later. Also, I don't know if people understood I said I respect their opinions, and I still do. :luigi: :daisy:

Accusing of trolling behavior when it's not evident is being defensive.

Considering these quotes...
just don't judge me on what I like or do.
Luigidaisy1 said:
You are certainly acting like you're not respecting my opinion.
Finally, you apologized for your actions even though I don't see what actions you've done warrants an apology. Issuing apologies are nice, but this one isn't necessary because I don't feel you're actually attacking anyone ('cept for that "troll" comment, mind that).

Vommack said:
Maᴙio said:
What
How do you even spell my name like that
I was going for a deliberate "Vonmak" after deciding that a playful nickname "Vommit" was going to be insulting, but I made a typo.

So with Nintendo asking about the Paper Mario series on Facebook, and now the Smash stage, who wants to bet that the next Nintendo Direct will reveal a new installment?

Possibly. I wonder if Paper Matio is playable in Smash, would they reveal him in an August direct? Because August is the month of Metroid and I'd much rather see Ridley get confirmed in the August direct.

I wouldn't place my money on it yet.

This game would need multiple players. And a multiplayer option. And Mr. L.

Making a game based on the worst part of M&L:PiT was a bad idea anyway. We need a TTYD that has elements from the two previous games.

Back