Next Paper Mario game (Likely on Wii U)

Stickers could return as items that power up certain moves. In fact, that may have been the original idea for Sticker Star, so it would make sense.

SPM could have a lot of its stuff returned, not act the same, but the level designs and controls could make it into some sections, and that would be cool. SS could be used in a couple of ways, stickers wouldn't be the same though. I loved the badges in the original and TTYD. They need to return in some form.

Ninelevendo said:
SPM could have a lot of its stuff returned, not act the same, but the level designs and controls could make it into some sections, and that would be cool. SS could be used in a couple of ways, stickers wouldn't be the same though. I loved the badges in the original and TTYD. They need to return in some form.
I agree with all of this.

I mean people say Sticker Star was a huge disappointment like Metroid Other M and Mega Man X7. Sticker Star is considered to be Paper Mario's X7 and Metroid Other M.

Magikrazy said:
Also, the end credits parade needs to return.

Hell, every video game needs an end credits parade!
It returned already in Sticker Star.

My idea for next game?

Paper Mario: Colored in.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser reform their alliance to bring back color to their kingdom's/house's/everywhere from the dreaded Color Sucker!

Pwwnd123 said:
I mean people say Sticker Star was a huge disappointment like Metroid Other M and Mega Man X7. Sticker Star is considered to be Paper Mario's X7 and Metroid Other M.

Wait a minute. Don't compare Other M to Sticker Star. Other M is a fantastic game. Sure, it's nowhere near as good as the Prime trilogy, but come on, it's not bad either. Sticker Star IS horrible on the other hand.

It was basically the same as it was in the first game, minus a pissed off Bowser.

I can't complain about Other M's gameplay. (Okay, maybe a little bit, but seriously, GREEN BLOOD ON GREEN GRASS?) The story sucked though.

And I'll stop now before I actually end up writing an essay.

GabbyHayes said:
Write an essay :3 So, did anyone get the Luigi parade?
I didn't because I can't finish the game.
I figured out the alternate route thing in World 1-2. But the door in World 2-1 is killing me. They don't tell you where to find the Poison Mushroom. It's not in the shops. I'm hitting all the item boxes.
But then again, I haven't finished World 1 yet.

Diantha said:
GabbyHayes said:
Write an essay :3 So, did anyone get the Luigi parade?
I didn't because I can't finish the game.
I figured out the alternate route thing in World 1-2. But the door in World 2-1 is killing me. They don't tell you where to find the Poison Mushroom. It's not in the shops. I'm hitting all the item boxes.
But then again, I haven't finished World 1 yet.
Here's a clue to the door: Finish World One.

Magikrazy said:
Also, the end credits parade needs to return.

Hell, every video game needs an end credits parade!

Nah it needs a Mario Super Sluggers style credits. I'm talking about the music of course.

Magikrazy said:
A TTYD with elements of SPM and SS?
As long as they use the right elements from each it could work very well.

For example, TTYD-style gameplay, SPM-style story, SS-style graphics and visuals.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
Magikrazy said:
A TTYD with elements of SPM and SS?
As long as they use the right elements from each it could work very well.

For example, TTYD-style gameplay, SPM-style story, SS-style graphics and visuals.

You just described the perfect PM game.

Except for the SPM styled plot. That would be garbage.

Yeah, one of the appeals of the Paper Mario series was that the enemies all looked different from their main series counterparts.

But Sticker Star went and NSMB-ified everything.

Back