Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon.

Will a new cartoon based on the Super Mario franchise ever be produced?

• Yes, Mario is going to get a new cartoon.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes, but maybe in a few years.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • It's all depends.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, Mario will never get a new cartoon.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Wow, so a cheap ripoff of another character and he still manages to be better than most characters the main series has to offer. That...says a lot about the mario series as a whole, actually.

Because the series always places such high emphasis on character development, amirite?

K, although I did say the RPGs usually put at least SOME effort into getting away from the usual formula, story still isn't exactly Mario's priority.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Wow, so a cheap ripoff of another character and he still manages to be better than most characters the main series has to offer. That...says a lot about the mario series as a whole, actually.

Oh yeah a terribly cliched character is so much better than characters that are not intended to have character development

....actually, give me blank-slated characters than pure cliches any day of the week.

It's something we hadn't seen in Mario prior to SPM, so why not? I for one, loved Dimentio and the other original characters in SPM. I was hoping for that abomination Sticker Star to have an even better story, but it bombed. You wonder why I love the RPGs so much? There's why: the character development and detailed storylines. Of course, there's some characters I love that don't have it (like Waluigi) but IMO character development makes characters so much better. As a child I didn't care as much, but I've grown to appreciate the development put into the RPG characters and I'm saddened that they never use their more developed Mario characters.

Fawful is my favorite Mario character, but SPM is my favorite Mario game, even though he isn't in it. I was so happy when I read that it was considered to be made into a movie, then disappointed when I read that it was never greenlighted. If they do make another Mario cartoon I would hope they either use their more developed characters, or develop the main ones just as much (and give development to the spinoff characters like Waluigi too)

Super Paper Mario's plot wasn't any more or less cliche than then series' usual boring, repetitive storyline.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
You wonder why I love the RPGs so much? There's why: the character development and detailed storylines. Of course, there's some characters I love that don't have it (like Waluigi) but IMO character development makes characters so much better. As a child I didn't care as much, but I've grown to appreciate the development put into the RPG characters and I'm saddened that they never use their more developed Mario characters.

You're playing the Mario series for the wrong reasons then. May I enlighten you with other series that have a much stronger story emphasis than Mario?

There are a lot of reasons why I want a new Mario at the biggest level possible and there are so many reasons why, I can't list them all just in this reply, but I'll post more as this thread goes along.

One of the reasons why I want a new Mario cartoon so badly is because Mario has never had a descent cartoon show, in all three cartoon shows that Mario had, (Super Mario Bros. Super Show, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World) not one of the three had full 22 minutes worth of animation like every other cartoon show that stared video game characters. The Super Mario Bros. Super Show have one 11 minute animated segment to go along with a live action segment, now I think that Captain Lou Albano and Danny Wells did a great job, but live action does not belong in a cartoon show based on video games, and the fact that most of the animated segments was mostly parodies of movies and other pop culture not to mention the Zelda cartoons on the Friday episodes that probably most of you on this message board can't stomach Link saying EXCUUUUUUSE ME PRINCESS!!!!. The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 had two 11 minute episodes that sandwiched a 22 minute episode of Captain N: The Game Master when it aired on NBC's Saturday Morning lineup, also Mario and Luigi's overalls were red/green and blue instead of blue and red/green respectively as is in the games and the Koopalings had different names in the cartoons than in the games. Super Mario World only had one 11 minute episode with Captain N busted down to 11 minute episodes as well, the same reasons as in TAOSMB3 not to mention the animation was lackluster compared to that in SMBSS and TAOSMB3.

Everything that I stated above is the reason why I don't want DIC producing a new Mario Cartoon, I want a new Mario Cartoon to have full 22 minute episodes, a decent voice cast, and well animated regardless of whether the new Mario cartoon is traditionally animated, CGI animated or an Anime. I want Mario to finally have a decent cartoon.

They were cheesy, but I liked them because of that.

Also, I can't get over how the thread title ends a question with a period.

If I were to made a new Mario show, I'd call it the New Super Mario Bros. Super Show for the lulz.

And I'll incorporate a whole deal of my headcannons.

Nope, they were acquired by DHX Media, after DiC merged with CookieJar in late 2012

Maᴙio said:
If I were to made a new Mario show, I'd call it the New Super Mario Bros. Super Show for the lulz.

And I'll incorporate a whole deal of my headcannons.
That would be an awesome title. I would like it to incorporate some things from some of its child series such as Yoshi or WarioWare. Also an interesting thing I liked about the other cartoon series is that they added some of the games' sound effects and had remixes of some of the songs. I would like to have those as well.

Toothless said:
Do I dare say that I really enjoyed the Mario cartoons and still do?
Same here. I also liked the Zelda cartoon, and found the "Excuuuuuuuuse me, Princess!" line to be pretty hilarious. It just never got old to me, no matter how many times it was said. That line's a classic.

Herobrine said:
Also an interesting thing I liked about the other cartoon series is that they added some of the games' sound effects and had remixes of some of the songs. I would like to have those as well.

Well that's one of the few things the old Mario cartoons did right.

TheYoshiState said:
Baby Luigi said:
Nope, they were acquired by DHX Media, after DiC merged with CookieJar in late 2012

So the exact same company that produces MLP:FIM now owns the three Mario animated series?
I bet the answer is "not necessarily".

TheYoshiState said:
Baby Luigi said:

So the exact same company that produces MLP:FIM now owns the three Mario animated series?

Technically MLP is made by DHX Vancouver, which is a separate division of DHX Media. But same parent company, yes.

Another reason why I want a new Super Mario cartoon is the fact in the 23 years since the last Super Mario cartoon, there have been alot of other Mario game series that had been released, Kart, Party, Sunshine, Galaxy, Luigi's Mansion, the Mario Sports games and such, and if Mario were to get a new cartoon it would be based on all the Mario games that has been released in the almost 30 year history of Mario. Another reason is considering the fact that there had been other characters that had been added to the Super Mario cannon in the 23 years since the last Super Mario cartoon, and they are all itching to be in a cartoon, characters such as Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Rosalina and others. Just think how awesome it would be if a new Super Mario cartoon would have everything and the cannon characters that were not around 23 years ago. What do you guys think?

Reminds me of how the Super Mario-Kun covers stuff

It'll be freaking awesome if we had an episode based on Mario Party or something.

I'd like to see a cartoon with the animation like they use with the cutscenes in Mario games, such as Mario Super Sluggers, or Mario Sports Mix. And of course, with voice acting, because Mario does talk, like with the Mario Sports Mix interview. I could see this happening. Let's hope! :luigi: :daisy:

SolarBlaze said:
Super Paper Mario's plot wasn't any more or less cliche than then series' usual boring, repetitive storyline.

The thing is though those plots are little more than excuse plots and aren't the primary focus of the game. SPM's storyline IS the primary focus of the game making it all the more annoying to deal with due to how bloody predictable and cliched it is.

On the subject of a new cartoon I'd be fine with that if they got the feeling of the games down right.

Back