Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon.

Will a new cartoon based on the Super Mario franchise ever be produced?

• Yes, Mario is going to get a new cartoon.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes, but maybe in a few years.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • It's all depends.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, Mario will never get a new cartoon.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
Mcmadness said:
The thing is though those plots are little more than excuse plots and aren't the primary focus of the game. SPM's storyline IS the primary focus of the game making it all the more annoying to deal with due to how bloody predictable and cliched it is.
Regardless of whether or not it's an "excuse plot", it's far more cliche than anything Super Paper Mario had to offer. While Bowser isn't the first villain to ever utilize princess-kidnapping plans (or damsel-in-distress plots in general), he is, however, the very reason why those kind of plots became so overused; even to the point where other franchises specifically went out of their way to avoid falling into that cliche.

As for Super Paper Mario's storyline being the primary focus... I suppose that is true to some degree, but just like the past games, each chapter had its own subplot, most which had nothing to do with the main plot, but the one thing they all had in common was the objective to obtain the Pure Heart in each respective world. You're free to dislike that game's plot if you want, I don't hold anything against you for it, but between that and the series' usual overused plot, I, for one, would take Super Paper Mario's any day of the week.

Except excuse kidnapping plots in games existed before Bowser even existed. There are many I can think of that used that plot device.

SPM's individual chapters are ok at best. But whatever interesting thing it might have had is ruined whenever the main narrative appears in all its bland and cliched self trying to get you to give ten ounces of a **** about when you know exactly where its going to go.

Yeah you can say the same thing about the platformers with their cliches but the difference there is your not supposed to really care about it in the end.

Mcmadness said:
Except excuse kidnapping plots in games existed before Bowser even existed. There are many I can think of that used that plot device.

SPM's individual chapters are ok at best. But whatever interesting thing it might have had is ruined whenever the main narrative appears in all its bland and cliched self trying to get you to give ten ounces of a **** about when you know exactly where its going to go.

Yeah you can say the same thing about the platformers with their cliches but the difference there is your not supposed to really care about it in the end.

you can swear here just saying; you don't need to self-censor your posts.

Just playing it safe till I knew for sure.

Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

The irony of this post.....

GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:
Mcmadness said:

The irony of this post.....

I said you don't need to self-censor your posts. It's not ironic at all.

I would like to see some romance in a Mario cartoon. Just to avoid an obvious "It's a kids show" or "keep it family friendly" follow up post, I mean just making out, like in A Disney movie.

supermariofan said:
I would like to see some romance in a Mario cartoon. Just to avoid an obvious "It's a kids show" or "keep it family friendly" follow up post, I mean just making out, like in A Disney movie.

please don't

there's already too many shows as it is that feel compelled to insert romantic plot tumors for whatever reason.

it's an action game/show, just keep it simple, please.

supermariofan said:
This type of story was in Super Paper Mario, and I'd like that story redone so...

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
supermariofan said:
This type of story was in Super Paper Mario, and I'd like that story redone so...

Yeah and it sucked six ways from Sunday.

Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

Opinion. Apparently not everyone thought so because it was considered for film adaptation.

Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

Opinion. Apparently not everyone thought so because it was considered for film adaptation.

No shit its an opinion. Also being considered for film adaptation =/= good.

Mcmadness said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

No shit its an opinion. Also being considered for film adaptation =/= good.
Just saying, since you seem to present your opinions as fact quite a bit.

Apparently not everyone thought so because it was considered for film adaptation.

A filmaker unaffiliated with Nintendo expressed interest in doing it. That's quite different from a Super Paper Mario film being seriously considered for production at one point or another.

Mcmadness said:
Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:

No *bleep* its an opinion. Also being considered for film adaptation =/= good.
Just saying, since you seem to present your opinions as fact quite a bit.

Because I don't see the redundant point of saying ''IMO'' after everything I write online.

But the one absolute fact about SPM is that its plot is horribly cliched full of been there done that plot points that aren't just over used in rpgs but in various mediums at large.

If they ever made a Mario show it should put emphasis on the bizarre world that Mario lives in. There should be a feeling of fun and maybe a bit of whimsy, a feeling of adventure in a bizarre world. Not stupid romances and crappy characters.

supermariofan said:
Gee thanks for spoiling, which scene had romance?

Also romance is an interesting way to feel for characters, it worked in Titanic (my favorite movie), Shakespeare in Love, Silver Lining's Playbook, Her, The Wedding Singer, The Notebook, The Fault in our Stars, etc.

supermariofan said:
supermariofan said:

Also romance is an interesting way to feel for characters, it worked in Titanic (my favorite movie), Shakespeare in Love, Silver Lining's Playbook, Her, The Wedding Singer, The Notebook, The Fault in our Stars, etc.

Believe me its not much, the entire game revolves around a bland romance story between 2 characters who will never reappear again.

supermariofan said:
The game was out 7 years ago, pretty sure the spoiler limit has expired by now.

Mcmadness said:
supermariofan said:
supermariofan said:

Believe me its not much, the entire game revolves around a bland romance story between 2 characters who will never reappear again.
Goddamn it! I was hoping it would be Mario and Peach!

Mcmadness said:
who will never reappear again.
Wrong, I believe both were stickers in Brawl.

I meant significantly you dope.

Back