Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon.

Will a new cartoon based on the Super Mario franchise ever be produced?

• Yes, Mario is going to get a new cartoon.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes, but maybe in a few years.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • It's all depends.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, Mario will never get a new cartoon.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
It's been 23 years since The Super Mario World cartoon premiered on NBC and there hasn't been a new Mario cartoon since. There was supposed to be a new Mario cartoon back in 2003 or 2004 as a part of the Fox Box/4kids TV but they gave it to Kirby (Kirby: Right Back At Ya!), Sonic (Sonic X) and F-Zero (F-Zero: GP Legends) but no new Super Mario cartoon. And what really makes me concerned about all of this is the fact that Sonic is getting another new cartoon with Sonic Boom which will premiere on Cartoon Network this September and Sonic X still airing as a part of the Vortexx block on The CW. I want a new Super Mario cartoon so badly, because I can't stand the cartoon that DIC produced, I want something decent with full 22 minute episodes and a superb voice cast and not produced by DIC. What do you guys think?

I think Mario needs another cartoon honestly. Hell, even Pac-Man had a new show.

But I'd like it if it was any good. I mean, the DiC Mario cartoons were funny, but in a cheesy sort of way. Still entertaining to watch despite its cheesiness, because well...it's a friggin Mario cartoon.

Well... there's a potential....

A superb voice cast would be the following:

Charles Martinet
Samantha Kelly
Takashi Nagasako
Deanna Mustard

The rest can have other people as long as they're fitting.

Oh, and please make it animated for the love of--.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/youtube]

Care to explain why you're so opposed to this idea?

I can't really see a new Mario cartoon happening (even though I've watched some episodes of the Super Show before and thought they were decent) but a series of shorts featuring characters voices by the current series might be interesting.

I know many other competitors or Nintendo themesleves have plans for cartoon series, but it really depends on their own rules and backstories. Some may even be controversial, for example, Pac-Man and Sonic have been tried to use different backstory canons that not all old fans would easily accept.

While Zelda series is a RPG story, the very major and typical Mario scenario is based on the dansel-in-distress plots like NSMB, and it can't be the whole thing of a cartoon story. Unless the plot writers are willing to embrace those RPG stories and focus more on interactions between different characters (that the mainstream games don't do) in order to compose stories rich in content.

Super Paper Mario has a horribly cliched plot and characters though

No it doesn't. You sound like that one guy on GameFAQs now, who called Dimentio a terrible abomination of a character because he's "cliched" just like the rest of that "trainwreck of a story." I personally think it should be the standard for Mario games and especially Mario shows/movies because they are more story-focused than games are. I'd also just like to see how Bleck and Dimentio would look in traditional Mario style in an official canon.

SPM was one of my favorite Mario games of all-time because of its story. On-topic I'd like to see a Mario cartoon follow its story with each chapter being a season.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
SPM was one of my favorite Mario games of all-time because of its story. On-topic I'd like to see a Mario cartoon follow its story with each chapter being a season.
So, every four-level chapter in the game made into a whole season? Wow, must be a whole lot of padding.
Also, that structure would be assuming the show lasts for 8 whole seasons...

If they make an animated series, I'd rather see them at least try to write an original story instead of just shoving out something we've seen before...

Vommack said:
If they make an animated series, I'd rather see them at least try to write an original story instead of just shoving out something we've seen before...
I'd love a new story but you know how Nintendo hates new stories in Mario. So now that we know they'll rehash something I'd rather it be SPM than the same old "Bowser kidnaps Peach" story we see in every game nowadays.

Vommack said:
I'd love a new story but you know how Nintendo hates new stories in Mario. So now that we know they'll rehash something I'd rather it be SPM than the same old "Bowser kidnaps Peach" story we see in every game nowadays.
They hate new stories? I think pretty much every Mario RPG ever would like a word with you...

I actually didn't like SPM's story that much.

The whole "chosen one of the prophecy" is such an overused and cliched story. They tried to add a tragic history to Bleck and Tippi but the characters's aren't that developed so I don't end up caring. Dimentio felt like a dues ex machina.

No it doesn't.

Yes it does. GalacticPetey and Glowsquid also agrees with me, as well as that guy from GameFAQs. Dimentio is basically a wannabe Kefka-like character.

Back