Will there ever be a new Super Mario cartoon.

Will a new cartoon based on the Super Mario franchise ever be produced?

• Yes, Mario is going to get a new cartoon.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Yes, but maybe in a few years.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • It's all depends.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No, Mario will never get a new cartoon.

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
supermariofan said:
Goddamn it! I was hoping it would be Mario and Peach!
Actually, it's the opposite: Luigi specifically states that they're not dating at one point, iirc.

Walkazo said:
supermariofan said:
Goddang it! I was hoping it would be Mario and Peach!
Actually, it's the opposite: Luigi specifically states that they're not dating at one point, iirc.

Mario himself even denies it...

supermariofan said:
Also romance is an interesting way to feel for characters

That's fcking wrong and you know it

Romance doesn't work without characters having a personality and motivation and essentially not be two living pieces of cardboard living with each other. It also works when characters learn something about each other and react realistically to a situation. Shoe-horned romance feels very awkward and there's such thing as shtty romance too ie the Twilight saga.

Get your facts straight, not delusions.

Toa 95 said:
Walkazo said:
supermariofan said:
Goddang it! I was hoping it would be Mario and Peach!

Mario himself even denies it...
Mario is too awesome for Peach.

Really, Mario does say that Peach is pretty, but he also says this to a lot of girls that want to talk to him.

Aside from It's a-me, Thank you so much for playing my game, and other one word sentences, Mario doesn't really say anything, so how do you know about his denial with Peach?

supermariofan said:
Aside from It's a-me, Thank you so much for playing my game, and other one word sentences, Mario doesn't really say anything, so how do you know about his denial with Peach?

Do I have to link you those videos of Mario talking....again?

supermariofan said:
He doesn't really show it.

My own saying about how he remarks about pretty girls is just from this Nintendo World thing.

He says Peach makes his heart go badda boom, just as how Luigi says it.

But again, he did say that his full name is Mario Mario.

supermariofan said:
Also romance is an interesting way to feel for characters, it worked in Titanic (my favorite movie), Shakespeare in Love, Silver Lining's Playbook, Her, The Wedding Singer, The Notebook, The Fault in our Stars, etc.
It worked in their movies because that's their genre. Putting romance into any old random genre will not make it work.

supermariofan said:
In SPM specifically, a character asks about Peach and either he shakes his head and nods or Tippi speaks for him, I'm guessing. I've only played that cutscene with Bowser and Luigi so I don't know for sure.

Walkazo said:
supermariofan said:
In SPM specifically, a character asks about Peach and either he shakes his head and nods or Tippi speaks for him, I'm guessing. I've only played that cutscene with Bowser and Luigi so I don't know for sure.

Luvbi asks Mario about himself and Peach. Mario shakes his head. She says his response.

Toa 95 said:
Walkazo said:
supermariofan said:
Luvbi asks Mario about himself and Peach. Mario shakes his head. She says his response.
"A one-sided crush, mayhap" or something to that extent, if memory serves (afaik her reply's the same no matter who she talks too - at least it is for Bowser and Luigi).

Walkazo said:
Toa 95 said:
Walkazo said:
supermariofan said:
"A one-sided crush, mayhap" or something to that extent, if memory serves (afaik her reply's the same no matter who she talks too - at least it is for Bowser and Luigi).

Here's the entire scene with Mario.

If there were to be a new Super Mario cartoon, I'm sure it would be rendered in CGI. There have been tons of commercials that feature Mario and other characters animated in such a way, and the series itself has a lot of cutscenes that feel like something straight out of a cartoon.

Toa 95 said:
Walkazo said:
Toa 95 said:
Walkazo said:
supermariofan said:
Here's the entire scene with Mario.
Thanks.

I was close.

Lario said:
If there were to be a new Super Mario cartoon, I'm sure it would be rendered in CGI. There have been tons of commercials that feature Mario and other characters animated in such a way, and the series itself has a lot of cutscenes that feel like something straight out of a cartoon.
Why not in CGI? The only thing I don't want is Flash Animation (unless it's Paper Mario). I'm not fond of the style.

I personally prefer 2D animation. A CGI Mario wouldn't be bad or anything, but an anime-style Mario show would be the ideal for me.

If it were in 2D I actually think something more like a disney or don bluth movie would look fine.

Considering how the character designs blend the fine line between anime and western animation, I would prefer a CGI-rendered cartoon.

Mario_Smile_SuperCircuit_Commercial.jpg

That's what an anime Mario would look like. Not too bad.

Walkazo said:
I personally prefer 2D animation. A CGI Mario wouldn't be bad or anything, but an anime-style Mario show would be the ideal for me.
Pizazz said:
Considering how the character designs blend the fine line between anime and western animation, I would prefer a CGI-rendered cartoon.
That's true, but why not merge the two art styles as well?

I dunno, usually when you get CGI blended with regular 2D animation, it stands out like a sore thumb and takes away from the experience for me. I role my eyes every time they unnecessarily use it in Avatar, for example, and I hate how half the attacks in the Pokemon anime are CGI now. Futurama does a fairly good job of it, except whenever one of the characters who are regularly 2D get rendered in 3D, then it looks weird - but the ships and whatnot are always CGI, so you get used to the natural divide. Sometimes it can even be pulled off in such a way that you can't really tell the difference, like in Princess Mononoke, but usually that's not the case.

WLStory2.png

Also, another example of what a Mario anime would look like is Wario Land: Shake It! - not only does it have fully animated cutscenes, but the entire game is cell drawings, with hand-drawn backgrounds and everything. It's a gorgeous game (although you'd think that's an oxymoron considering who it's starring, lol).

Well, I suppose he looked a little cute all snuggled up in the back of his car at the start of WL:SI.

If there is a new one, I hope it isn't as much of a train wreck as the SMW series. It takes a game well-known for being great and butchers it.

Back