Mario Party 10

Judging by how often MP recycled assets I get the feeling this series doesn't have quite the same budget as other spin off series do.

Mind you thats just me speculating.

I'm pretty sure Mario Party is operating on like an infinite budget like how Mario Kart 8 is.

Mario Party 10 especially. I daresay that game has better graphics than Mario Kart 8.

I wouldn't since 10 is mainly composed of assets from 9 with an HD filter.

Is there really any proof of that?

It's kinda like saying Mario Kart 8 is just Mario Kart 7 with better models.

Just look up gameplay of 9 and island tour and then look at 10. There are a lot of re-used animations, voice effects, even music as well as certain textures. Obviously its not 100% the same stuff but its easy to spot stuff thats being re-used.

I guess you could say that, but Island Tour is like literally the first game that reuses music as far as I'm concerned. And I really wouldn't point to texture images as definite proof that things are being reused anyway.

And I'm not really complaining about the reused assets as long as the game is fun (which the GameCube titles still are).

I'm not complaining either, I just think it points towards the possibility of these games not having as big a budget as say, Mario kart or certain sports titles.

I don't see the point of creating new meshes, textures, bones, and that stuff when immediate models exist. I do think new animations and new voices would help a lot, but Wario's losing animations in the GCN Mario Party games are beyond hilarious.

Mario Kart games don't have a much bigger budget than Mario Party especially if their models look like crap while Kirby Air Ride is much better-looking. You can argue that the rendering environment puts constraints on the model quality to preserve frame-rate, but I counter with Kirby Air Ride.

Mario Party X said:
I don't see the point of creating new meshes, textures, bones, and that stuff when immediate models exist. I do think new animations and new voices would help a lot, but Wario's losing animations in the GCN Mario Party games are beyond hilarious.

Mario Kart games don't have a much bigger budget than Mario Party especially if their models look like crap while Kirby Air Ride is much better-looking. You can argue that the rendering environment puts constraints on the model quality to preserve frame-rate, but I counter with Kirby Air Ride.

Just because you think they look like crap that doesn't mean effort and time wasn't put into them. I own air ride and I'd say MK8 looks way better than that.

Mcmadness said:
Mario Party X said:

Just because you think they look like crap that doesn't mean effort and time wasn't put into them. I own air ride and I'd say MK8 looks way better than that.
I didn't say that, but if you spend time and effort and they end up looking like crap, they end up looking like crap.

I'd say only marginally better if you look past bloom (in some courses, copious amounts of bloom) and the HD resolution of the game. Kirby Air Ride, though, has a more sophisticated soundtrack in general.

Baby Luigi said:
Besides didn't they have eight player Mario Party?
Indeed they did, and from my limited memories of it, it was pretty dang fun. And "small roster" isn't even an excuse to keep that out, 8 players was 2/3 of 7's roster and they still pulled it off.

Speaking of 7's roster, at the moment, not counting Bowser in Bowser Party, Mario Party 10 appears to have 12 characters. This game has the same amount of characters as a game released two generations ago, and less than one released for the previous generation. Let that sink in.

And yet it has more characters than the previous generation of Mario Party had up to that point in its life cycle.

Lumastar said:
I get that they're trying (key word: trying) to hide Spike being playable, but his playabliloty was already confirmed in a Japanese magazine. We already know that he's playable. Why can't se see at least a screenshot yet?
Well, he's featured in this Japanese commercial.

and also this

Tuxedo Ridley said:
Speaking of 7's roster, at the moment, not counting Bowser in Bowser Party, Mario Party 10 appears to have 12 characters. This game has the same amount of characters as a game released two generations ago, and less than one released for the previous generation. Let that sink in.

I've literally nearly stated that earlier word for word

me] [quote author=Lumastar said:
In all honesty though, how is the roster *bleep*ty?

It's the same amount of characters as a GCN Mario Party title

Let that sink in for a moment.
[/quote]

Baby Luigi said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:

I've literally nearly stated that earlier word for word

me] [quote author=Lumastar said:
In all honesty though, how is the roster *bleep*ty?

It's the same amount of characters as a GCN Mario Party title

Let that sink in for a moment.
[/quote]

And as I said earlier, those GCN installments re-used assets. Mario in MP4 is barely any different in MP8 for example.

Spike actually looks much better in this! Too bad that he looks bad in the first footage we saw of him. Either way, I love his voice! Have we ever heard it before?

I have a theory that Bowser Jr. minigames were going to return, but they were eventually cut. Proof? The two extra minigames starring Bowser Jr. I mean, think about it! Why would there only be two in extra mode? Simple! They were the only Bowser Jr. minigames to be finished, and the develpoers did not want to cut them.

Ok so you can play as Bowser against a complete team of COMs this is good, presumably it goes the other way as well.

Also I can't be the only one who thinks this looks really stacked in Bowser's favour.

Mcmadness said:
Ok so you can play as Bowser against a complete team of COMs this is good, presumably it goes the other way as well.

Also I can't be the only one who thinks this looks really stacked in Bowser's favour.
Yus!

I think that the hearts given at the mid-point might help, but I do agree that it will be nigh impossible to go a match without someone being struck out.

Back