Mario Party 10

Funny, I was just talking about a giant kamek a few days ago.

The only thing that bothers me in that Kamek picture is the upside-down moon >_>

Doesn't look upside down to me.

Wally said:
Lumastar said:
Because it is. He's first states that Mario Party 2 is the best in BMB's collection, and then he says that 3 is better.

I'm confused, because I have all of them except the first one, so how is 2 the best in my collection if I have 3 as well and it's better and-
I think that he didn't know you had 3 Either that, or he meant the best one your entire family could play.

Wally said:
I wanted to note that DK is playable in this game, and it didn't hit me until earlier today that they finally made DK playable in Mario Party again. And of course Rosie, so...this game has potential.
DK is my most-hyped part of the game.

Baby Luigi said:
Toadette is playable

mp10jpimage11.jpg
Not surprised. This means two things though. First, she might get an amiibo in the Mario series. Second, going by previous installments and assuming we know most of the starting roster, this game will have around 14 characters (12 starters and 2 unlockables).

Baby Luigi said:
Kamek's a boss, like he should be

mp10jpimage13.jpg
Again, not surprised. I knew he was likely out as soon as Bowser Party was announced. I wonder if this image suggests another space board in the game.

Magikrazy said:
The last character (assuming there's 12) is definitely Boo.

Well, we have...

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Yoshi
DK
Wario
Waluigi
Toad
Toadette

Based on who they included in 9, I would say that Birdo will be back as a playable character (if there were only 12). I think there will be at least 14 characters in this game, so probably Koopa and Shy Guy or Boo as playable character.

Boo and Birdo is one of the few cases where I prefer the generic to the character (Boo>>>>>Birdo, although Birdo should've still been in MK8)

Magikrazy said:
The boxart is what convinces me he's either playable or plays a major role.

And Magikoopa appears on the box-art as well, but there are strong signs that Magikoopa will not be playable in this game via appearing as a boss.

i like how the aura of this topic changed for the better after the direct lol

also its always nice to see toadette being playable

Zae Eildus said:

We they are bringing back 2 vs. 2 minigames, which I did miss. They have Rosalina and DK and Toadette, whom I've missed. The mini-games do look very fun. The stages actually look a lot longer than before, which somewhat makes it okay. They have the amiibo basically similar to classic Mario Party, which classic Mario Party >>>>>>>>>>>> new Mario Party.

There's a lot of potential for it not being a total failure. It's still going to be a game that you'll have to tolerate, but at least they are making changes back to the original format of Mario Party.

The normal, white Boo appears on Luigi's amiibo board, so I think that deconfirms him as a playable character (sorry, Magikrazy). The same goes for Koopa Troopa and Shy Guy. It seems like any enemy characters on the playable roster will likely be hidden this time around. Birdo isn't exactly considered a villain anymore, so she could be the 12th starter (assuming my hypothesis is correct). I still believe Spike may be playable despite Kamek being confirmed as a boss, and Magikrazy seems to agree. He just seems like an odd character to have on the box art if he's just a boss. That leaves one more character to unlock.

Wally said:
Zae Eildus said:

We they are bringing back 2 vs. 2 minigames, which I did miss. They have Rosalina and DK and Toadette, whom I've missed. The mini-games do look very fun. The stages actually look a lot longer than before, which somewhat makes it okay. They have the amiibo basically similar to classic Mario Party, which classic Mario Party >>>>>>>>>>>> new Mario Party.

There's a lot of potential for it not being a total failure. It's still going to be a game that you'll have to tolerate, but at least they are making changes back to the original format of Mario Party.

Yeah i figured but i just find it nice how this topic went from a terrifying negative tension topic to a new beam of hope topic

its just funny to me i guess, but yeah the game now has hope and it doesnt look too bad.

Although me getting a wii u is pretty slim so i guess i shouldnt really look forward to it too much.

Lumastar said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/3/3a/Key_Artwork_E3_-_Mario_Party_10.png/600px-Key_Artwork_E3_-_Mario_Party_10.png

^Shy Guy appears in the background of this image in a Wiggler roller coaster that Toad and Toadette are seen riding in this image, and they're playable so:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/9e/MP10Bundleamiibo.jpg

e: actually that first artwork is about 6 months old so it's possible he was removed, idk

GBAToad said:
Lumastar said:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/3/3a/Key_Artwork_E3_-_Mario_Party_10.png/600px-Key_Artwork_E3_-_Mario_Party_10.png

^Shy Guy appears in the background of this image in a Wiggler roller coaster that Toad and Toadette are seen riding in this image, and they're playable so:
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/9/9e/MP10Bundleamiibo.jpg
This is what made me consider him as a possible playable character, but watch the trailer and you can see two red Shy Guys on the Yoshi amiibo board. Now he could still be playable, but I don't see why they could not have used other colors for the Shy Guys if he was. Or who knows. Maybe not all characters will get amiibo boards. We'll have to see.

Mcmadness said:
Doesn't look upside down to me.
Well, the moon obviously is upside-down.

I don't see how the roster can change attitudes so quickly, but I guess I'll never know.

Hm, good, they're returning 2 v. 2 minigames. But... will they have tag-team battles like what Mario Party 4-DS (bar Advance, I guess?) had?

I was replaying Mario Party 4 and 6 today... 4 isn't nearly as bad as I remember it being. I didn't really like the complete randomness of the stages (like on the Koopa Troopa Beach stage, there was no way to tell if Ukiki was going to let you go up or down with the banana peel). It had some memorable mini-games like the Dungeon Duos, Hide and Go Boom, and Booksquirm. But as a whole I do think it's weaker than most of the other Mario Parties.

Mario Party 6 is amaaazing... I can't believe I had forgotten how great the mini-games AND stages are. And there was quite a lot of unlockables which I like. I'm hoping Mario Party 10 includes quite a few unlockable things (stages, characters, etc.) and I *really* hope taunts are back! I'll be replaying Mario Party 7 when I'm done with 6, so we'll see if 7 still remains my favorite since it's been a long time since I've played that one too.

Wait wait wait, 9 took out taunting?

Lumastar said:
Tuxedo Ridley said:
Wait wait wait, 9 took out taunting?
Why yes! Yes it did!
Those bastards must pay
(wait why is this pissing me off I didn't even play 9 lol)

Back