Mario Party 10

GBAToad said:
Mario Party X said:
I don't approve of the idea of locking an entire mode to amiibos is good, though. Just seems fishy.
there was bound to be something like this eventually. it's for the $$$$

but yeah, kinda silly. the default board should at least be in the game

what I'm curious about is whether all characters are compatible in amiibo mode or if it's just those 9
You know that the developers have to create assets for each character, right?

Paul Heyman said:
what DOES suck though, is the fact that it's read/write for amiibo data in this game; like, mario kart 8 was read-only and those were entire unlockable costumes

it does hint at amiibo acting similar to how they do in smash though; maybe instead of easy/normal/hard cpu's, we'll get amiibo's that learn how to play mario party over time

now we can all create a true BITCH out of peach
Aw, great.

Paul Heyman said:
y'know, the classic mario party formula being back under amiibo party kinda sucks

but i'm not even sure i'll get mp10 anyway, so realistically, it doesn't matter much to me

what DOES suck though, is the fact that it's read/write for amiibo data in this game; like, mario kart 8 was read-only and those were entire unlockable costumes

it does hint at amiibo acting similar to how they do in smash though; maybe instead of easy/normal/hard cpu's, we'll get amiibo's that learn how to play mario party over time

now we can all create a true BITCH out of peach

but peach ai was only stupid in the first two mario party games, after that she just became like everyone else.

The amiibo "classic" mode reminds me of the bonus card game mode featured in MP5

Meta Knight said:
The amiibo "classic" mode reminds me of the bonus card game mode featured in MP5
Card Party?

I think Card Party had more thought put into that, even if it is luck based.

Mario Party X said:
Meta Knight said:
Card Party?

I think Card Party had more thought put into that, even if it is luck based.

Yea that. And the style of figures moving around is why it reminds me of that. I honestly don't understand how they couldn't just make a simple normal Mario Party that doesn't force people to buy amiibos. I mean they've done it 9 times (not sure if advance did or not). CLEARLY Island tour and 9 were not as well received. But I guess I'll still buy it just to be a *bleep* in Bowser Party

Meta Knight said:

it reminds me more of that physical board that came with Mario party advance.

I noticed something's off...

mp10image3-600x337.jpg

I wonder why Yoshi's profile icon has him looking sideways instead of looking at the front like the rest of the characters. It just seems weird. Hopefully they'll fix that in the final release.

LOL whatever. I'm not even planning on buying this game.

Anser said:
I wonder why Yoshi's profile icon has him looking sideways instead of looking at the front like the rest of the characters. It just seems weird. Hopefully they'll fix that in the final release.

because he looks terrible forward facing?

Anser said:
I noticed something's off...

mp10image3-600x337.jpg

It was like that in Fortune Street.

Baby Luigi said:
Anser said:

because he looks terrible forward facing?
He looks terrible at any angle.

Mcmadness said:
Meta Knight said:

it reminds me more of that physical board that came with Mario party advance.
I mentioned that in a previous post. It even features the same square layout as the Bonus Board (though there's only one plane).

I wonder if minigames will be a part of amiibo Party.

I would assume so, at least some kind of microgame.

Its certainly possible.

The only reason I'm getting the game is because my family loves Mario Party and we grew up playing it, but unfortunately as soon as we get the game and play it as a family, we'll put it next to 9 for "games that we can't play as a family".

God, even my family has good taste. Every time we have family night, we pick 8 over 9 every time (I wish we had more gamecube controllers so we could play 4-7 as well, or some more VC controllers so we can play Mario Party 2).

Wally said:
The only reason I'm getting the game is because my family loves Mario Party and we grew up playing it, but unfortunately as soon as we get the game and play it as a family, we'll put it next to 9 for "games that we can't play as a family".

God, even my family has good taste. Every time we have family night, we pick 8 over 9 every time (I wish we had more gamecube controllers so we could play 4-7 as well, or some more VC controllers so we can play Mario Party 2).

Mario Party 2 is best Mario Party. Too bad they never released Mario Party 3 on the Virtual Console... That one's my favorite :(

Anser said:
Wally said:

Mario Party 2 is best Mario Party. Too bad they never released Mario Party 3 on the Virtual Console... That one's my favorite :(
Those statements contradict each other, but you're right when you say they're among the best. I still personally prefer 4.

EDIT: Wait, they don't. :facepalm:

Anser said:
Wally said:

wut

why is that the most confusing sentence

Zae Eildus said:
Anser said:
Wally said:

wut

Because it is. He's first states that Mario Party 2 is the best in BMB's collection, and then he says that 3 is better.

Lumastar said:
Zae Eildus said:
Anser said:
Wally said:

wut

Because it is. He's first states that Mario Party 2 is the best in BMB's collection, and then he says that 3 is better.

oooooh now that makes sense, thanks.

Zae Eildus said:
Lumastar said:
Zae Eildus said:
Anser said:
Wally said:

wut

oooooh now that makes sense, thanks.
No problem.

Lumastar said:
Zae Eildus said:
Anser said:
Wally said:

wut

Your favorite does not always equal the Best/Better game

It's possible to have a favorite game of a series even if on an objective standpoint it isn't the best in the series. Ex: My favorite Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. But I do acknowledge that there are probably better Sonic games on objective levels such as the Classic Genesis titles.

Northern Verve said:
Lumastar said:
Zae Eildus said:
Anser said:
Wally said:

wut

Your favorite does not always equal the Best/Better game

It's possible to have a favorite game of a series even if on an objective standpoint it isn't the best in the series. Ex: My favorite Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. But I do acknowledge that there are probably better Sonic games on objective levels such as the Classic Genesis titles.

yeah but usually the best game from a persons point of view means its their favorite from that genre/series/etc.

Lumastar said:

I'm confused, because I have all of them except the first one, so how is 2 the best in my collection if I have 3 as well and it's better and-

I think we should just stop talking.

I wanted to note that DK is playable in this game, and it didn't hit me until earlier today that they finally made DK playable in Mario Party again. And of course Rosie, so...this game has potential.

Toadette is playable

mp10jpimage11.jpg

Kamek's a boss, like he should be

mp10jpimage13.jpg

Back