Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

I am not really interested in this game for the moment.
I mean, Captain Toad's levels from Super Mario 3D World were fun, but it doesn't deserve a whole game about that in my opinion.

I'm still coming to terms with the fact that this now exists, but I'm so hyped because I loved the Captain Toad bits in SM3DW.

I think it would suit eShop more than retail, though.

Awesome, I will definitely try this game out once it's released. Also, Shy Guys are finally back as enemies!

Cirdec said:
I am not really interested in this game for the moment.
I mean, Captain Toad's levels from Super Mario 3D World were fun, but it doesn't deserve a whole game about that in my opinion.

That's what I think of this game too

I liked the Captain Toad levels a lot and I'm pretty interested in a game focused on them so I'll probably get this.

Late 2014 release

2015 is 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

Year of Toad confirmed.

Jokes aside I'm actually looking forward to this, the Captain Toad levels were very deserving of its own game because of how separate they were in 3D World and it didn't feel like its true potential was really shown there.

Actually since it's a puzzle game it feels weird that a Mario vs. Donkey Kong game was also announced for the Wii U at E3 as well.

I liked the toad levels more than I liked everything else in Super Mario 3D World.

As long as this game plays like it played those toad levels, I will instantly enjoy it more than I did 3D World. If I paid full price for 3D World, I will gladly pay full price for this game.

SKmarioman said:
Late 2014 release

2015 is 30th anniversary of Super Mario Bros.

Year of Toad confirmed.

Jokes aside
Wish Toad was playable in Smash Bros.

Well, this game is a nice break from the usual platformer nonsense we're getting on Wii U lately.

Doesn't look too interesting at first glance. I guess people who wanted/couldn't get/wouldn't get 3D World might like this, but for those who already own the game, it just seems like an extension of Captain Toad's story.

Drift said:
Doesn't look too interesting at first glance. I guess people who wanted/couldn't get/wouldn't get 3D World might like this, but for those who already own the game, it just seems like an extension of Captain Toad's story.
This is literally taking the Captain Toad levels, turning them into something more than just square blocks and making them into a full game.

The captain toad levels were better than the main game anyway so this is perfect IMO.

Too Bad. Waluigi Time. said:
Nysic said:
Maᴙio said:
Wish Toad was playable in Smash Bros.

Waluigi is much more relevant
fix'd

That guy who doesn't even have his own game yet and not starred at all in a Mario platformer and is still stuck as an Assist Trophy?

Assist trophy>Peach's meat shield

About this game, I have mixed feelings about it. The levels in 3D World were...creative, I guess. But I sucked at them. I'll probably still get the game though, since it technically counts as a main Mario game...I guess? It's obviously run by the SM3DW engine. I bet Mario, Luigi, Peach, Blue Toad, and Rosalina are even in the files of the game.

I bet Mario, Luigi, Peach, Blue Toad, and Rosalina are even in the files of the game.
How would they be files?

I bet Mario, Luigi, Peach, Blue Toad, and Rosalina are even in the files of the game.

I doubt it

...why would they include character models they know they won't ever consider using?

Toad Eightyfive said:

...why would they include character models they know they won't ever consider using?
Because it's 3D World's engine running it, and they probably just changed that game into this game without deleting the old files. Or maybe I just have no idea how this shit works.

Toad Eightyfive said:

Because it's 3D World's engine running it, and they probably just changed that game into this game without deleting the old files. Or maybe I just have no idea how this *bleep* works.
Now it will end up to what they do to the NSMB series. The same game 'with no jumping'.

Toad Eightyfive said:
It happens all the time, actually. Developers often leave bits of code in the game that can't actually be accessed in the game but are leftover from development.

I assume it's because they forgot they were there and didn't delete them, although it's also possible that crafty developers leave some on purpose to produce hype for the next installment. Or they just left them there because why not give your fans (the truly dedicated ones who dive into code) some extra stuff?

Similarly to how Ice and Flying Mario were left in SMG2 despite not being used.

Back