Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

YoshiGo99 said:
The bird reminds me of the design of the Ostros in the Super Mario Bros Super Show. Hey at least we have some new villians, it's better than old having same old bowser.

Also I was watching a Treehouse event a while back, and I noticed there were Wanted posters on the wall of one of the levels, it looked like a picture of Wart, I may need to find the video though.

If its completely uninspired and dull then no it really isn't. Seriously this thing looks like tatanga levels of lame.

King Antasma said:
Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
We barely know anything about the character and you're already calling it generic and uninspired?

........its a bird
Could still have a cool personality. Going by that logic, Bowser's just a turtle. Mario's just a plumber. Toad is just a mushroom.

That said, I'm still not too excited for this game, since I sucked horribly at those levels in 3D World, and having a boss with that gameplay just screams frustration to me.

No, their designs are what made them not generic and uninspired, this thing is like playing super mario rpg and finding out the main villain is fucking Dodo.

Jesus Christ, what did you expect? At least it's something unexpected and new for the series. What other giant bird did we get as a boss in the Mario franchise? RPGs excluded.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Kurosu

TOADETTE IS PLAYABLE!?!

I'm afraid that Toadette would do the Rosalina Effect*.

*appearing in more games while abandoning any other recurring Mario characters

I for one really like the design of Wingo. Also this game looks beautiful, I think the trailer said 70 levels? With the way each level looks unique from each other I think this is shaping up to be a nice game.

DaKid said:
p1hzBBW.png

Her name is Wingo. Seems to be the main antagonist.

Cool, I like this bird already. It makes sense to be the antagonist because she might be a magpie who is obsessed with shiny things and Toad is collecting shiny stuff and there would be conflict. This is getting better!

I am still waiting for signs of Tatanga and Wart, at least this avian has diminished my impatience or my hunger of good stuff.

Ok so Toadette being playable? That's something I totally DID NOT expect.

Man I love Nintendo now. Now I want this game more than ever.

I also like Wingo

because

she's a bird n' all. I like birds.

? Block said:
Ok so Toadette being playable? That's something I totally DID NOT expect.

Man I love Nintendo now. Now I want this game more than ever.

I also like Wingo

because

she's a bird n' all. I like birds.
3d World fixed some problems and now this, the Mario series is going uphill so far.

just going to echo most people in here and say that Wingo looks great and I'm super excited that Toadette is playable :toadette:

can't wait

Toadette has proven that Waluigi(for the first time)and Daisy(for her second time)can be either playable or non playable in a new game.

I wonder how will Wingo sounds like?

Maki Nishikino said:
I for one really like the design of Wingo. Also this game looks beautiful, I think the trailer said 70 levels? With the way each level looks unique from each other I think this is shaping up to be a nice game.
Over 70 levels they said. Can't wait either!

So now we have another character with an archenemy.

Mario > Bowser

Luigi > King Boo

Wario > Captain Syrup

Toad > Wingo

Very nice!

A BIRD! Of course! It makes perfect sense!

After all, if Klepto taught us anything, it's that birds are obsessed with hats. Toad has a hat that may or may not be part of his head.

Ergo, the bird will be trying to steal Toad's hat to scalp him.

MaMeSoPa said:
TOADETTE IS PLAYABLE!?!

Don't worry, that won't happen. Toadette isn't as popular as Rosalina.

Anser said:
MaMeSoPa said:
TOADETTE IS PLAYABLE!?!

Don't worry, that won't happen. Toadette isn't as popular as Rosalina.
Then soon after the release of CTTT, Toadette will be as overrated as Rosalina. She'll be playable in Mario Party 10, etc.

EDIT: Nintendo should make a game called Princess Peach: A Peachy Platforming Game (same engine as SM3DW)
EDIT 2: All we need in the game is Birdo.

And the NA trailer, has english voice overs.

I didn't even consider the Magpie connection with Wingo so yeah, good call on that.

Also I want to clarify something, I don't think Wingo is a bad character, its design while not amazing fits in perfectly well with the Mario world, I just think that if its the main villain its kind of lame.

At least a villain in the usual sense, if it is its probably not out for anything really evil, just likes collecting treasure and shinies, like a bird Wario.

Watch out Bowser being the true villain.
Toadette playable is cool, but I don't want to get the game yet, it doesn't feel great compared to the others titles who will come soon.

Mcmadness said:
At least a villain in the usual sense, if it is its probably not out for anything really evil, just likes collecting treasure and shinies, like a bird Wario.
both are fat
both collect treasure/shiny things
both are flying winged creatures

Wario
Wingo

...it all makes SENSE! no it doesn't

Wario was the main villain this whole time! just wait for him to burst out of his giant bird costume in the final battle :wario:

on a different note this game is all kinds of adorable, sucks how EU/PAL has to wait until 2015 to enjoy it.

Wingo is just Vampire Wario in a bird costume? I could buy that.

Also if you notice during the brief clip of the fight with it Toadette is hanging off the power star on its chest, so I'm guessing thats the first boss in the game and after that she'll probably be playable from then onwards.

It seems Wingo will make multiple appearances in the game antagonizing Toad too.

See her at this Stage that doesn't look like a boss stage
cMmvNiq.jpg

Her trying to knock him off by flapping her wings. This bird is a dick lol.
X5Q1QcM.jpg

Man that bird looks fantastic in-engine, this stuff looks like pre-rendered CGI.

Those images are broken.

Back