Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

Why does the hat look like an afro to me...?

Captain Toad is launching December 5th in North America.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/238996-noa-pr-info-on-smash-wii-u-launching-nov-21st-amiibo-and-captain-toad-launching-dec-5th

Where the hell is all the information on this game??????

DaKid said:

Here's a little info: Capt. Toad collects treasure and saves Mario and Peach from the clutches of Bowser. Luigi is not in this game due to his upcoming projects for his next Luigi-only (nobody else except Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina, the babies, Petey Piranha, King Boo and Zombie Fawful, also Mega Man, Sonic and Pac-Man) game. I just made that up.

DaKid said:
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/238996-noa-pr-info-on-smash-wii-u-launching-nov-21st-amiibo-and-captain-toad-launching-dec-5th

Nintendo's other games are being prioritized it seems, smash and pokemon are big sellers so they're going to focus on those over this.

DaKid said:

I for one embrace the fact that Nintendo doesn't reveal everything prior to launch once in a while.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
DaKid said:

I for one embrace the fact that Nintendo doesn't reveal everything prior to launch once in a while.

Ok, but we seriously have no info on the game whatsoever. Reminds me of SM3DW where they didn't say anything till last minute.

This game looks like it is made of great effort, I want to find out more of it, even if I am not able get it

DaKid said:

There's not much to say about this game though. It's just a couple puzzle levels featuring Toad.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:

There's not much to say about this game though. It's just a couple puzzle levels featuring Toad.

Well a new trailer would be nice.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:

Man... you say that as if that's all it is and will be. Why is everyone jumping to this conclusion? It's the same on Gamefaqs. We have almost zero information on the game.

GalacticPetey said:
DaKid said:

What makes you think there's only going to be a couple? We've seen a level that doesn't even have a puzzle too. There isn't much to say about it sure but I think you're underestimating how big they could make the game. If it was just an eShop title then I'd understand but they're selling physical copies of this game too.

Yeah people have been jumping to that conclusion everywhere and some people say it's not worth $40 this is going off practically no information on the game.

I really do think that Nintendo was testing this game with SM3DW as kind of a demo for the prototype... or beta of the concept of this game. And then when they got fantastic feedback they decided to greenlight it and make a full game. I mean think about it... there were few levels, simplistic in design, after huge feedback suddenly a whole game is coming out? Have you ever seen Nintendo respond that fast or at all to something like that? I don't think I have. Hell, even the first level of CT in SM3DW literally looks like it was the first level of a prototype for the concept itself.

But hey, that's just a theory...

But if this game had a level editor I would review if a 10/10 on my Channel instantly just on the announcement alone.

I'm not the type of person who would say this, but...

TOAD AND TOADETTE ARE SO FUCKING CUTE AND ADORABLE IN THAT GAME.

If she is, thats pretty lame for a main antagonist I gotta say.

King Antasma said:
Oh cool, a new villain. I'm a bit more interested now.

So, you are willing to look over the fact that its utterly generic and uninspired just because it might be the main villain.

I don't even know what to say to that.

King Antasma said:
We barely know anything about the character and you're already calling it generic and uninspired?

........its a bird

The bird reminds me of the design of the Ostros in the Super Mario Bros Super Show. Hey at least we have some new villians, it's better than old having same old bowser.

Also I was watching a Treehouse event a while back, and I noticed there were Wanted posters on the wall of one of the levels, it looked like a picture of Wart, I may need to find the video though.

Mcmadness said:
King Antasma said:
We barely know anything about the character and you're already calling it generic and uninspired?

........its a bird
Could still have a cool personality. Going by that logic, Bowser's just a turtle. Mario's just a plumber. Toad is just a mushroom.

That said, I'm still not too excited for this game, since I sucked horribly at those levels in 3D World, and having a boss with that gameplay just screams frustration to me.

Back