Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences on the wiki?

This thread should strictly be for MarioWiki text, not for outside wikis though.

no baby mario means :(

I don't know why but this image paired with this caption without any context amuses me

Stork_shocked.png

"The stork in shock upon realizing his mistake"

add an image of DK working on something in the box next time to make it extra inconspicuous

1607470058622.png

argh, i didn't know about the part where the stork literally gets into a fight cloud in the third act in the opening, i didn't save the page yet because three images is a lot for the story section but.........

Should have featured Grinder next.

Entire paragraph needed to maximise the effect of the last sentence

Mario encounters a Strollin' Stu who is spreading paint with a paintbrush. The Strollin' Stu falls over, and F.L.U.D.D notices that something is wrong. He then explains, after being sprayed with water, that his sister is sick, that he is tired and has no vacation days, that he job is to cover the town in paint, that he has not recently hit his job quota, that his sister and himself are "done for at this rate", and that Mario can cure his sister's illness by collecting eight Red Coins. Mario initially leaves him; however, the Strollin' Stu mentions that his sister won a beauty contest, interesting Mario. During this part of the chapter, he ends his sentences with -Stu (i:e "Mario, it's in your hands-Stu"). Mario collects and gives him the Red Coins, and, speaking normally, he informs Mario that his sister's illness was a lie. His sister, covered in makeup wearing bows on her head, congratulates her brother. Mario is surprised that she won a beauty contest. He reveals that his plan was to have Mario get himself hurt while gathering the Red Coins, allowing him to defeat Mario, while using the Red Coins collected to "rise up in the rankings". Mario informs him that the Red Coins he gave to him were actually tomato slices. He then uses the real Red Coins to heal himself. He then punches the Strollin' Stu.

But the paragraph doesn't mention how Mario got himself ridiculously electrocuted trying to get the last coin. Piantas also were telling Mario to not trust this baddie, but seeing Mario suffer, they also electrocuted themselves so Mario could get the last red coin. Piantas do learn that Mario tricked them to being electrocuted just for the sake of tomato slices. They then punch Mario.

Wario said:
I don't always speak so bluntly, you know. I'm just worried about you!! Why do I care? Because I'm the one that feels it when you mess upp, that's why!! So just try to get better at this game, OK?! I'm begging you!

deciding where to put a caption/some other text that describes an image in a table:

under the image: tiny brain

above the image: universe brain

In The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! live-action segment "Dance", Mario, for Luigi's birthday, buys him a gift certificate for a dance lesson from Shabba-Doo, also buying himself a certificate as well. It was Mario's hope that he and Luigi could learn to dance expertly after gaining some tips from Shabba-Doo and be the best dancers at the Annual Plumbers' Dance.

I was trying to figure out how to navigate the official Hong Kong NSMBWii website to source Penguin Mario's Chinese name, and when I translated the text on the home page using Google it gave me this:

. • Date: 3/71 of 010
■ mouth, price; D3 boy 9
■ Discuss, God Liu Yue: E belongs to the mouth of the gods, and the power of fat is not the dragon
■Hand over Liu; Rejoice
■Hope personal. ;1 Buren Zaola Kaixue Heshao "Singing Mouth" The way of blood wax "paste l cigarette holder +... smoke sword recognition" Li. Make

I'm sorry, what?!

this is the original by the way:

.•,日期:3/71之010
■口口,價;以D3仔9
■討,神劉曰:娥屬口神口,肥權禮別龍
■遞個用劉;勵作
■望個人.;1哺人 棗臘開趨踵韶《唱口】
血臘「糊l遺煙器+…煙劍認」的方式驪.作·

as a side note, whooo three posts in a row. this wasn't intentional lol.

Back