Mario Kart reflections

Re: Reflections of past Mario Kart games (Wii)

I agree. I NEED to put classical music in Bowser's Castle

Or texture hack Sweet Sweet Canyon and make it filled with lava and fire. :evilgrin:

Toothless said:
Magikrazy said:
pachelbel's canon master race
*fixed

Also, MKW is the second best MK game. DD arguably being the best.
Fixed.

Quite frankly I thought DD was second and 7 was best.

SKmarioman said:
even if I get it right then there's this subconscious feeling that I would have "tainted" my system with unofficial code even if I don't actually install anything.

The only problem with this game is how much better bikes are than karts. MK8 seems to have fixed that inbalance.

SKmarioman said:
SKmarioman said:
even if I get it right then there's this subconscious feeling that I would have "tainted" my system with unofficial code even if I don't actually install anything.
Um, yeah, it's just an irrational feeling and that's it.

I call it an enhancement and get on with it.

Well one time, my Wii stopped playing GameCube games. I uninstalled the homebrew channel, and I got a free, new Wii, so the fixers didn't bat two eyelids that I once had a homebrew channel on the Wii

My Wii doesn't play games at all. Good thing I had USB Loader GX installed.

Mario Kart 7 was hit or miss for many people.

There were several amazing aspects of this game. I loved the gliding and underwater driving. Kart customization was good too.

The roster was ok, but there was a certain purple man ommited from it.

Magikrazy said:
Mario Kart 7 was hit or miss for many people.

There were several amazing aspects of this game. I loved the gliding and underwater driving. Kart customization was good too.

The roster was ok, but there was a certain purple man ommited from it.

This one?

Cosmicmariosm3dl.png

I wanted it too. :(

Re: Reflections of past Mario Kart games (7)

I feel MK7 had the best assortment of courses since Double Dash. A better item system then Wii, and cool additions like gliding, kart customization, and underwater racing that will be used to higher potential in Mario Kart 8. I feel it's by far the superior of the 3 handheld Mario Karts. And even hold up against most of the console Mario Karts in my honest opinion. I enjoyed getting gold in all courses more then I ever did in MKWii.

It's also the first one since MK64 that I can say the game's Rainbow Road is one of my favorite courses of the game.

MK7 was like average. No VS, the Battle courses weren't that good (except N64 Big Donut) and the courses were meh.

And also: (sincei didn't post during Wii) Wii was the second worst, next to SMK.

I liked 7 more than Wii (my opinion in a nutshell since I haven't voiced it yet: fairly unappealing courses for the most part, imbalanced systems, alright item selection and an excellent roster; overall definitely not my favourite of the bunch), personally.

The lack of VS Mode bugged me but the customization was pretty good (although it had a flawed unlocking system), the gliding and underwater sections were also nice, the Battle Mode was impressive, getting 3-Stars wasn't incredibly frustrating like in Wii (haven't even managed it yet), the courses were nice and the item selection was great. The online VR system was a lot better as well, considering it was based on how long you've played and increased more gradually. Ignoring the mediocre roster and how biased I am towards handheld gaming, it's my favourite Mario Kart.

7 was basically gutted of several features, and had an awful unlock system to boot.

I liked its battle mode the most in the series though. As well as the customization, gliding, and underwater driving.

Whilst I disliked the absence of VS mode in single and Waluigi, overall I'd say that it is currently my favourite Mario Kart, had loads of retro tracks that I enjoyed, and I enjoyed most of the new ones. And if I remember rightly, one of the staff data ghosts for Neo Bowser City shares my real life name

The game definitely seemed rushed. What with the lack of several features. It also was pretty easy as far as Mario Karts go.

Headless Specter said:
Whilst I disliked the absence of VS mode in single and Waluigi, overall I'd say that it is currently my favourite Mario Kart, had loads of retro tracks that I enjoyed, and I enjoyed most of the new ones. And if I remember rightly, one of the staff data ghosts for Neo Bowser City shares my real life name
Chuck or Matt M?

7 was OK. The lack of certain gamemodes *coughSPVScough* and the devastating roster were bad, but it more than made up for it with excellent course design, many new features to the series, and bringing back many old features.

I should post a list of my favourite Mario Kart games, most to least:

1. 8
2. Wii
3. Double Dash
4. 7
5. Super Circuit
6. DS
7. 64
8. SMK

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
1. 8
2. Wii
3. Double Dash
4. 7
5. Super Circuit
6. DS
7. 64
8. SMK

I know there's been opportunities to taste the game, but that's still jumping the gun.

My cons for MK7

-I know that Mario Kart 7 lacks VS mode on single player.
-I took nearly 6 months to unlock all the kart parts.
-No Waluigi.

No Waluigi.
No Vs mode.
Horrible unlocking mechanics.
No Waluigi.
Rosalina's Ice World exists.
Cheep Cheep Lagoon exists.
Waluigi Pinball with no Waluigi.
No Waluigi.

Definitely near the bottom when it comes to Mario Kart games, in my opinion. The gliding and underwater mechanics were neat and there were some good courses (Neo Bowser City, Music Park, and Piranha Plant Slide), but it just felt...bare. MKDS proves itself to be the superior handheld MK (and also the best MK game in general). Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress were wasted on this game, both should've been in Mario Kart instead of shitty retro courses with no anti-gravity like Moo Moo Meadows, Dry Dry Desert, and Cheep Cheep Beach. Waluigi Pinball would've been great with anti-gravity...

Back