Mario Kart reflections

Re: Reflections of past Mario Kart games (Double Dash)

I hated DS mainly because of the snaking and how two karts (Egg 1 and Dry Bomber, which both look ----ty IMO) broke the game.

One of the weaker Mario Karts, although its local multiplayer is much better than Mario Kart 7's. Dry Bomber is so broken in that game, and as Giga guy said, the characters look horrendous.

I much preferred the Poltergust 4000 to Egg 1 or Dry Bomber.

The music was fine to me, except for Shroom Ridge.

You are right when you said the graphics sucked, though. I hated the 2D items/obstacles rendered on the 3D courses.

Nysic said:
The music was fine to me, except for Shroom Ridge.

You are right when you said the graphics sucked, though. I hated the 2D items/obstacles rendered on the 3D courses.
Shroom Ridge? Really? I loved that music. It's so catchy. Or is it exceptional for you?

I hate it, too. It's really hard to aim in that game, making Battle Mode somewhat of a pain.

Nevermind, just looked up the music, I had confused it with something different. Either way, it wasn't as bad as Desert Hills or Yoshi Falls

Speaking of, why the *bleep* did MKW bring back both of those tracks? They were possibly the two worst choices.

Nysic said:
Nevermind, just looked up the music, I had confused it with something different. Either way, it wasn't as bad as Desert Hills or Yoshi Falls

Speaking of, why the *bleep* did MKW bring back both of those tracks? They were possibly the two worst choices.
Same reason they had a compelling urge to return a Bowser Castle GBA and Mario Circuit SNES in Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, AND Mario Kart 7.

The SNES Mario Circuit 1/GBA Bowser Castle 2 was fine in MKDS, but then it got WAAAAAY out of hand.

There's something about desert hills that I absolutely despise. NLT quote sure what it is though. It's odd cause I love Dry Dry Desert from Double Dash.

I hate its music, I hate its layout... I hate it in general.

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
I hate its music, I hate its layout... I hate it in general.

I agree....until I turn it into this:

nightly_tricks_with_baby_luigi_by_babyluigionfire-d64y5t0.gif

Re: Reflections of past Mario Kart games (DS)

I have a suggestion. Wario City.

MKDS. My first Mario Kart game. And I lost it or sold it to someone.
I like R.O.B. when he's riding on the Tyrant and B Dasher. I miss the snaking technique.

I don't miss snaking, it made online even more annoying, since it was just about how many mini-turbos you could get.

Desert Hills sucks. Peach Garden sucks. DK Pass sucks. Delfino Square sucks.

Other than that, it was fun. I remember playing multiplayer with 8 people in grade six. That was some of the most enjoyment I've had period, just playing Mario Kart while on a bus to South Australia.

Crackin355 said:
Desert Hills sucks. Mario Circuit sucks. Luigi's Mansion sucks. Delfino Square sucks.

My opinion^ (quote edited)

I thought Luigi's Mansion was a good course. Had its flaws, but it was worthy.

And its length, but I come to expect that from Mushroom Cup tracks.

Tumble said:
Crackin355 said:
Desert Hills sucks. Mario Circuit sucks. Luigi's Mansion sucks. Delfino Square sucks.

My opinion^ (quote edited)
I hate those to an extent as well, just not as much as the four I listed. Mario Circuit was lame and Luigi's Mansion was boring.

delfino square is the best mk track imo

Luigi's Mansion is the best Mushroom Cup course in the game though. I hated Yoshi Falls (more like Yoshi Fails) in this game and Figure 8 Circuit sucks. Cheep Cheep Beach isn't memorable.

That said my favorite track in the game is 'Shroom Ridge, though mostly because of its catchy music.

My favourite's Tick Tock Clock, with its interesting concept and great design. When I get the chance to, I'll choose it in MK8 online.

Hatsune Loki the 45th Sith Dragon Rider of Bag End said:
delfino square is the best mk track imo
I respectfully disagree. I disrespectfully have to say your opinion is wrong.

Airship Fortress was my favourite course. It worked a lot better on DS than it did in 7 though.

Back