What gamers do you hate?

Dr. Javelin said:
but i do find it rather silly that you guys are all hating certain types of gamers. like, why do you even care? just let them be, everyone has different interests.
The only "certain types of gamers" I hate are fanboys.

Dr. Javelin said:
Yuzu & Kaede said:
Dr. Javelin said:
i hate gamers who hate certain types of gamers
so you hate yourself?
i was being sarcastic

but i do find it rather silly that you guys are all hating certain types of gamers. like, why do you even care? just let them be, everyone has different interests. i may find it silly that there are people who only play simple smartphone games, but if they don't want to play other stuff then that's just their loss

I care because I will be annoyed at people who do things that annoy me which indirectly downgrades how much I enjoy myself on any given day. No amount of logic will change how much I hate certain types of people. It's not that it isn't silly, I'm incredibly silly and petty for hating someone when I don't know their full story, but I will continue to hate them regardless.

Graphic-tards.
I CAN'T PAY THIS GAME BECAUSE IT DOESN'T RUN IN FULL 1080P!
I CAN'T PLAY THE PAL VERSIONS OF RETRO GAMES BECAUSE THEY ONLY RUN AT 50HZ AND NOT 60HZ!
Etc...

Also CoD fans.

fantanoice said:
Graphic-tards.
Basically Nintendo haters. But yeah, I agree.

fantanoice said:
Shadow said:
fantanoice said:
Graphic-tards.
Basically Nintendo haters. But yeah, I agree.
I know Nintendo fans who do it as well.

I didn't know you had a Gamefaqs account.

GalacticPetey said:
小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:
People like "Fox only 4 stocks no items final destination".
This so much, because those people, are so boring for one thing. I mean it may make sense in competitions, but if they are doing it for casual play, forcing that to happen is just a big no.
Oh look, more generalizations. I already talked about this earlier. Yeah, some people don't like items, but like I said, what you consider fun is different from what other people consider fun.

Fox is not the only character. Yeah, the metagame really revolves around eight characters, but then there's people like aMSa and Kage who play characters like Yoshi and Ganondorf and are actually pretty good with them.

And, final destination is not the only stage played. There are six legal stages in SSBM.

So the whole fox only, final destination stuff is wrong.

I know but my point is people who wants to play only no hazard stage with no items in 1vs1. Playing only that way is missing so many things about Smash Bros.

Oh and also I forgot to say, people who says in Pokémon "Legendaries are for noobs you suck".

Cirdec said:
Oh and also I forgot to say, people who says in Pokémon "Legendaries are for noobs you suck".
This. Especially considering that some legendaries (Articuno, Regigigas) are rather underwhelming in the battlefield.

I don't really use Legendaries anymore because they're banned from Wi-Fi (minus non-special Rating Random Matchups)

Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:
This so much, because those people, are so boring for one thing. I mean it may make sense in competitions, but if they are doing it for casual play, forcing that to happen is just a big no.
Oh look, more generalizations. I already talked about this earlier. Yeah, some people don't like items, but like I said, what you consider fun is different from what other people consider fun.

Fox is not the only character. Yeah, the metagame really revolves around eight characters, but then there's people like aMSa and Kage who play characters like Yoshi and Ganondorf and are actually pretty good with them.

And, final destination is not the only stage played. There are six legal stages in SSBM.

I know but my point is people who wants to play only no hazard stage with no items in 1vs1. Playing only that way is missing so many things about Smash Bros.
Then why do SSBM tournaments attract thousands of people on streams and have several hundred entrants in tournaments like APEX?

GalacticPetey said:
Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:

Then why do SSBM tournaments attract thousands of people on streams and have several hundred entrants in tournaments like APEX?

Was Melee actually supposed to be a competitive game?

Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:

Was Melee actually supposed to be a competitive game?

its a fighting game, so yes it is.

every fighting game in existence is a competitive game, because really, thats the whole point of it.

players competing against other plays to see who has the one with the highest skill with their favorite character, so yeah.

Even the first ssb was competitive, let alone its sequels.

Cirdec said:

Both sides can say that though, Smash bros. Is a big game and the competitive part of it makes up just as much as the party game part of it does. I don't know why you would be bothered by people using in-game options and choices to play the game in a way that makes them happy. Nobody is telling you to play competitively or do the same (no items, 1v1, no-hazard stages) and just as they might be missing out on the party game side of it, you're missing out on the competitive side of it. Which in the end; it doesn't bother you that you dont play competitively and miss out on that which can easily apply to the other side of the coin; it doesn't bother them that they don't play with party game rules and miss out on it.

If a stage has a luck factor that ruins it for some players, they will obviously avoid it. If they do not like items, they will obviously turn them off. If they just want to play 1v1 then they will do as they please.

People play with their own preferences, which should go without saying to begin with.

GalacticPetey said:
Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:

Because those tournaments attract a niche group of Super Smash Bros. Melee players? I mean, I don't give a hoot about Melee's tournaments and people, especially if some people are worshipped like gods, and those "gods" in question can turn out to be H. Holey.

I play Melee, with music turned off, in 4-player Giant Mode, with 2.0 damage ratio, SDs set to -2, time limit match, team attack on; items are Bob-ombs, Freezies, Green Shells, Red Shells, Party Balls, Screw Attacks, Giant Mushrooms, Warp Stars and Motion Sensor Bombs. The stages tend to be tourney-banned stages (like Flat Zone). This is a super anti-competitive environment, with wave-dashing nearly impractical, overcrowded stages, and an extremely high tendency to SD and KO teammates (especially if teammates are CPUs), resulting in an overall minus score. The goal of the game is not to merely win, but try to win with having a positive score. It sounds chaotic, and yes, it is. Yet, I find it incredibly fun against lv. 9 AI and a change of pace, even though you will die a lot. Campy stages are much more bearable in Giant Mode. Also, the "gimmicky" stages are the most fun stages, with Flat Zone being my favorite in those settings. Camping and utilizing cheap tactics, like spamming grabs, are possible, but since you're against the AI anyway, where's the fun in that? You will get bored in doing that, and fighting like you should is way more fun.

I've played in a tourney-like scene (Brawl) before, in high school. I managed to beat the vast majority of those that challenge me, but I've always returned to this formula in Melee, vastly preferring that style of fighting. Hell, I prefer it to regular Melee because people are much harder to kill, and hitboxes and item throws feel really weird. And the character voices sound chipmunky.

I think I'm quite skilled in the game, and famous combos seem doable for me. I can wavedash, L-cancel, SHFFL (short hop, fast fall, L-cancel), and tech properly for starters, but I'm still a casual by heart. I use these skills to wipe the floor with the computers while bettering myself.

I know. I'm just a case study example.

A good example. Playing like that doesn't sound like fun at all to me but you enjoy it a lot. We both like the same game, we just play differently.

An acquired taste, I suppose. Like explosives-only.

I hate gamers who blindly hate games because said games have a bad fanbase (especially looking at FPS-haters in general)

Yes, I get it you hate Call of Duty and yes, I get it Call of Duty is milked to death. Stop using it as a strawman to defend Nintendo games such as New Super Mario Bros. The Call of Duty hate is overblown and stupid. Yes they have highly obnoxious fans, but don't hate the game or its fanbase as a whole because of its irritating members of it.

I don't play FPS and Call of Duty myself, and I used to hate it because of annoying fans, but the more I avoided them/reflected about it, the more I think it's stupid to hate the game or say everything bad about it. This includes all games ever.

Granted I used to hate something like MLP because of its fanbase but I've changed my views on this since then.

EDIT: I also DESPISE gamers who want you to "STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"

omg i hate genwunners so much they are literally the worst people on the face of the earth how dare they like gen one i dont like gen one so i hate people who do

Back