What gamers do you hate?

Zae Roles said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:
I look down on anybody who likes Skylanders, but I excuse all those young children who don't know any better, so basically no one I guess.

It's because of what they did to Spyro, right?

that and the fact that you have to pay to use different characters.

game just looks like trash in general though
Skylanders isn't even a great game. Yes, I've played it. Yes, I've seen gameplay footage of it. No, I haven't bought the game. Yes, I bought a few figures, admittedly.

Skylanders has horrible, inconsistent framerate. The framerate drop is noticeable in the Wii version of the game. The music is forgettable. The nonfigure characters are O.K., I guess, but I find the guy who voiced the main villain being the same guy who voiced Billy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy to be funny.

The game play is straightforward, but gets repetitive and bland very quickly; buying characters is a very short-term enjoyment that decreases exponentially after each new character you use. The level-up system is simplistic, but even then, the game is horrendously easy. It's very hard for me to watch my friend play the game because it's so dull. I guess it's for kids, but kids can love Mario, Rayman, Kirby, Link, and the old Spyro games. Let them enjoy quality games rather than merchandising ploys disguised as games.

The reviews for Skylanders are just... lying.

This game has such a huge merchandising base comparable to Angry Birds. It's ridiculous for a mediocre game.

All of them

I hate the type that cast off games they have got bored of as 'bad' games. Just because you played it too much without breaks and ruined it for yourself, doesn't mean it's bad. You still enjoyed it enough to play 40 hours so you must have liked it goddamnit whydoigetsoangryaboutthis agh.

Also, people who swear allegiance to sony/microsoft/nintendo or specifically hate only one of them without even playing it. I knew someone like that and he pissed me off so much, I tried and enjoyed your games so don't be obnoxious and give mine a shot. If you don't like it, fine, but if you hate it off its name alone then your a fucking moron whyamIgettingangryagain.

Other than that, happiness for everyone.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Zae Roles said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:
I look down on anybody who likes Skylanders, but I excuse all those young children who don't know any better, so basically no one I guess.

Skylanders isn't even a great game. Yes, I've played it. Yes, I've seen gameplay footage of it. No, I haven't bought the game. Yes, I bought a few figures, admittedly.

Skylanders has horrible, inconsistent framerate. The framerate drop is noticeable in the Wii version of the game. The music is forgettable. The nonfigure characters are O.K., I guess, but I find the guy who voiced the main villain being the same guy who voiced Billy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy to be funny.

The game play is straightforward, but gets repetitive and bland very quickly; buying characters is a very short-term enjoyment that decreases exponentially after each new character you use. The level-up system is simplistic, but even then, the game is horrendously easy. It's very hard for me to watch my friend play the game because it's so dull. I guess it's for kids, but kids can love Mario, Rayman, Kirby, Link, and the old Spyro games. Let them enjoy quality games rather than merchandising ploys disguised as games.

This game has such a huge merchandising base comparable to Angry Birds. It's ridiculous for a mediocre game.
I really couldn't have explained this better myself. Like really I couldn't. I am actually going to save this response for future uses.

小龙怪 said:
Zae Roles said:
PeskyPlumbers64 said:
小龙怪 said:

I really couldn't have explained this better myself. Like really I couldn't. I am actually going to save this response for future uses.
I haven't played Skylanders, but I can guess by the types of fanboys "DERP SKYLANDERS IZ SO COOL" how intelligent it is.

小龙怪 said:
Fanboys of Skylanders? Like, do those people exist?
There were a few derpfaces in my classroom last year that loved that... and Minecraft (of course.)

NitoriAria said:
Any type of purists. Especially Nintendo purists, and those that claim "this game is the only good game and the rest are bad" (especially Pokemon Gen I, Classic Sonic, Mega Man 2, CoD:BO)
This. I can't stress it enough, how overrated Mega Man 2 is. That game has some of the worst level design in the series, and yet it's somehow met with next to nothing but praise among the fanbase, even to the point where they act as Mega Man 3 and onward don't matter (which is why Mega Man 9 turned out the way it did).

As for the Classic Sonic fanboys... I can't stand them, either. Especially because of the fact that Sega/Sonic Team are only taking what they went into consideration, and haven't even taken a split second to consider that they don't speak for the entire fandom.

i dont really understand the sonic fanbase myself, while i admit sonic 1-3 are great games i also thought that sonic adventure, colors, and sonic advance 1 were among my favorites.

Must be a nostalgia thing going on but its kind of annoying.

Crackin355 said:
I hate the type that cast off games they have got bored of as 'bad' games. Just because you played it too much without breaks and ruined it for yourself, doesn't mean it's bad. You still enjoyed it enough to play 40 hours so you must have liked it goddangit whydoigetsoangryaboutthis agh.
Referring to me? Or not? Because I got bored a few minutes in, and I explained that there is miniscule depth in Skylanders.

I would say Skylanders but that's already been mentioned.

Other than that, people who think only one game or game series is good and think everything is bad even though they haven't played it (like some cod fanboys)

Also dudebro gamers, if you know what I'm talking bout -_-

Cirdec said:
People like "Fox only 4 stocks no items final destination".
Misread as 4 socks.

People who are like "I like this game because other people like it." Also genwunners.

小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:
This so much, because those people, are so boring for one thing. I mean it may make sense in competitions, but if they are doing it for casual play, forcing that to happen is just a big no.

well really thats kinda boring EVEN for competitive play.

Competitive play mostly focus on useful characters sure, but also on characters you may want to use.

Honestly watching fox vs fox is really damn boring.

Yuzu & Kaede said:
Dr. Javelin said:
i hate gamers who hate certain types of gamers
so you hate yourself?
i was being sarcastic

but i do find it rather silly that you guys are all hating certain types of gamers. like, why do you even care? just let them be, everyone has different interests. i may find it silly that there are people who only play simple smartphone games, but if they don't want to play other stuff then that's just their loss

Dr. Javelin said:
Yuzu & Kaede said:
Dr. Javelin said:
so you hate yourself?
i was being sarcastic

but i do find it rather silly that you guys are all hating certain types of gamers. like, why do you even care? just let them be, everyone has different interests. i may find it silly that there are people who only play simple smartphone games, but if they don't want to play other stuff then that's just their loss

because you'll often find people that shove their likes on you and be really annoying about it.

that's not really due to their being a gamer, that's more due to their personality

those kind of people like shoving other likes on you too

Dr. Javelin said:
that's not really due to their being a gamer, that's more due to their personality

those kind of people like shoving other likes on you too

yeah but they're still doing it with games involved, therefor gamers are blamed for it.

小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:
This so much, because those people, are so boring for one thing. I mean it may make sense in competitions, but if they are doing it for casual play, forcing that to happen is just a big no.
Oh look, more generalizations. I already talked about this earlier. Yeah, some people don't like items, but like I said, what you consider fun is different from what other people consider fun.

Fox is not the only character. Yeah, the metagame really revolves around eight characters, but then there's people like aMSa and Kage who play characters like Yoshi and Ganondorf and are actually pretty good with them.

And, final destination is not the only stage played. There are six legal stages in SSBM.

So the whole fox only, final destination stuff is wrong.

Crackin355 said:
I hate the type that cast off games they have got bored of as 'bad' games. Just because you played it too much without breaks and ruined it for yourself, doesn't mean it's bad. You still enjoyed it enough to play 40 hours so you must have liked it goddangit whydoigetsoangryaboutthis agh.
Referring to me? Or not? Because I got bored a few minutes in, and I explained that there is miniscule depth in Skylanders.

Nah, I didn't even see your post when I posted that. But my point was the people who will play a game for a large period of time before finding something new and labeling the previous game they were playing as bad. I just don't get why you would call something you spent so much time with bad, something that you were praising like it was the second coming of Jesus Christ last week is now such a horrible game? I usually tell myself not to care about these things but it's a pet peeve of mine that I can't seem to rid myself of.

I know I played Pokemon Y for 30 hours or so to beat it but I never said it was a very fun game while I was playing it, I just sort of felt obligated because I payed for it.

GalacticPetey said:
小龙怪 said:
Cirdec said:
Oh look, more generalizations. I already talked about this earlier. Yeah, some people don't like items, but like I said, what you consider fun is different from what other people consider fun.

Fox is not the only character. Yeah, the metagame really revolves around eight characters, but then there's people like aMSa and Kage who play characters like Yoshi and Ganondorf and are actually pretty good with them.

And, final destination is not the only stage played. There are six legal stages in SSBM.

So the whole fox only, final destination stuff is wrong.
I also hate people who assume that the competitive scene is like that as well. GP explains it well, it's not for you to hate if you know nothing about it. The people who say 'fox Only, 4 stocks, no items, final destination' are either joking or morons that aren't good representations of the competitive scene to begin with.

And don't call them boring, because one persons view of fun is different from another's, you're judging people you haven't even given any time to understand. Nobody is actually forcing you or anyone else to do it in casual play either and I don't know where you got this preconception from, if your friends are the ones doing that then it's time to rethink who you play games with.

Dr. Javelin said:
Yuzu & Kaede said:
Dr. Javelin said:
so you hate yourself?
i was being sarcastic

personally it's because people who shove their biased opinions about games down my throat annoy the fuck out of me

Back