General Discussion

I'm pretty sure it's the latter. I've never seen anything professionally produced that uses "artworks" instead of just "artwork".

Probably. Anyway, I checked all my dictionaries, and none of them even have entries for regular "artwork", and the online dictionaries I really quickly looked at sem to have both plural forms. So if people want to say "artworks" on the wiki, I'd say it's allowed, but still aim for consistent headers, at least.

Ok so these are the japanese voice credits for the recently released M&S at the Rio games.

SEGA
ff72ORe.png

q4zwWJ7.png

Nintendo
1NYpsYD.png

*Kerri Kane is bolded out since Nintendo , as trashy as usual , decided to name Laura as Kerri once again.

https://youtu.be/eMFE82pKqhQ?t=29m40s

''Oh Yeah!'' is from MK8 when Rosalina does an Anti Gravity trick , so yep , it's the 3rd time in a row.

Nintendo pretending they never hired Laura Faye Smith ... smh.

They even mispelled her name three times in a row

What's wrong with all of these 2nd party Nintendo companies screwing things up

Do the voice clips for the Koopalings come from Mario Kart 8? Because, David J. Goldfarb and Ashley Flannegan are not write on the credits for Ludwig and Wendy.

Now that I have one volume of Super Mario: Manga Adventures, should I rename something like Kamemeka to the French version? I've looked through policy, but it's not clear to me if I find an object or character in the French version that isn't necessarily in the games (there's a Buzzy Beetle boss, "boss" as in "employment", and a baby Boo who speaks in childish lisp like "Ze suis content" rather than "JE suis content") who are probably just as notable as those Mario Party Advance characters. Should their article title be in French or Japanese if I find a named character there?

MarioWiki:Naming#English_and_non-English_sources: "English sources generally have priority over non-English sources, with non-English titles only being used when no official English name is available. The region where the game was released first provides the name"

Just substitute "manga" for "game" (most instances of "game" in policy pages apply to all media types), so since Super Mario-kun came out in Japanese first, subjects keep the Japanese names. Same reason why we're not renaming the whole thing to "Super Mario: Manga Adventures".

Figured, although since I understand French way better than Japanese, if I were to create articles on Super Mario-Kun, they'd probably go by the French name until the Japanese name is found. Correct?

If you own both the French and Japanese versions and you find something named in the French version, feel free to upload the corresponding Japanese scan and I'd be happy to pick out the name if it exists.

I'd suggest having all the info in single cells in the format "stat (while steering)". Losing the ability to sort based on the whole steering values is much less of an inconvenience than having side-scrolling or splitting it up into two tables.

The tables themselves need a big reorganizing, since trying to follow values on the Piranha Prowler is going to be insane. I actually think that sort of information should go into the kart pages themselves rather than stuffed here in a huge table with microscopic numbers.

Well, maybe we can tackle the tables some other time. I may have to contact Mister Wu regarding my feelings about his Mario Kart Wii table.

Anyway, shouldn't we have an article on the Failed Archie comic concept, in a similar manner to how we deal with vaporware in MarioWiki? I don't see why we need to limit ourselves to only games. I mean I think this stuff is notable enough to at least have images for it in MarioWiki, and there's plenty of concept art for the comic.

If we do have an article, I'm not sure how we'll name it.

That'll do probably. We'll need to fill in the gaps with redirects and whatnot.

As for the sources, well, google is a great one and there's tons of results simply from searching "archie mario comic", so I may as well not list sources here.

Well, we're supposed to be a Mario resource, we might as well help guide our readers to these sources for further reading so they don't have to Google search it.

Are any of you aware of any other known failed pitches on non-game media? Because we might have to rename "Vaporware", which I don't think applies to print media.

I think "List of unreleased media" actually works better than "List of cancelled games and vaporware"; not only it's shorter, but it also helps coincide with our emphasis on complete coverage. We can rename this in the meantime without any big problems, and we may be able to catch other Mario media that also never got released, much less survived past a pitch being covered in our own wiki. We can then rename Category:Cancelled Games to this broader term so we can appropriately categorize the article on the Archie Mario comic pitch.

The tagline for the official BradyGames Luigi's Mansion guide: "Find Every Boo, Rich Yapu, and Gold Mouse!!"

what the hell is a yapu

the term is used on the guide's back description too but it doesn't show up inside the guide

Glowsquid said:
i have no clue, but I have a feeling it could be a particularly dumb romanization of Speedy Spirit
That makes sense; there's a blurb in the middle of the book (can't find it at the book) that talks about finding every Boo, "Blue Ghost", and Gold Mouse, in that order. On a side note, literally every enemy has a generic name, from Orange Ghost (Gold Ghost) to Hot White Ghost (Temper Terror) to Skeleton Ghost (Mr. Bones) and so on.

The Prima Guide for Wario World lists a truckload of enemies, and I've never played the game so I have no idea who's who. I'll try to go through the cast on my own time, and hopefully not overwrite any names from the NP guide, but I have a question: from what I can gather, there are a few basic enemies in the game (Magon, Triceratops, Ankiron, and Cractyl), and each subsequent level radically changes their appearance and subtly changes their behaviour to fit the stage (so Magon can become "Zombie Magon", "Clown", "Snowman", "Wolf", and "Mummy" depending on the stage). Again, I don't know much about the game, but considering that their appearances are completely different (for the most part; the Ankiron family always resembles an Ankiron), and the fact that their behaviour is at least slightly different as the game progresses, should they receive separate articles?

At a first glance, they might make serviceable articles especially since you see "sub-species" (i.e. "variants) listed underneath them in their own infoboxes, but individually, they don't have a lot of distinction that sets them apart from each other aside from appearance, varying much more in some species. Each unique behavior can be attributed to groups; for Magnons, those encountered in the first set of levels don't attack, but later-encountered variants do attack, and at an even later point, the remaining variants have an additional attack. On an individual level, the only differences would be cosmetic and attack speeds so you might have a lot of repeating information. But you can't use behavior alone to justify these splits as some enemies like the Triceratops have essentially no differences aside from attack speeds. Nevertheless, there is a benefit to splitting them based on appearance such as categorization (Skeletal Magnons would be able to be categorized as undead species without having the rest fall under that group), it could help with search results, and it could clean up the names in other languages sections. I think I'll support a case for creating different articles on these enemies, but just from a strictly organizational, searching, and categorical standpoint due to the drastically different appearances, such as when we have hawks, pigeons, and crows replacing a pterosaur-like animal.

Yeah

http://www.mariowiki.com/Category_talk:Cloned

On second thought, I'm going to make sure I know exactly what I want to split before making the proposal. Between the wiki, my official guide, the website, and an online fan guide, half of the names are inconsistent and some of them list enemies that aren't even mentioned in the others. Some of the names we're using were also added by a user with a less-than-stellar record for accuracy, so I'd also want to get my hands on the Nintendo Power guide before pushing forward (unless someone here has it in which case you're a livesaver and I'll thank you forever).

Baby Luigi said:
Yeah

http://www.mariowiki.com/Category_talk:Cloned
Left a comment.

Back