General Discussion

I had no idea, due to not being active on the wiki at the time.
I still think they should be used for animated images where the colors are affected, but oh well.

The reason we don't use animated PNGs is that some browsers don't support them without a plug-in and they can be modified only under very special programs. Sure, animated GIFs have to be indexed, but most of the time, only sprites need to be animated; anything else is pretty unecessary and the color loss in those are miniscule.

Walkazo said:
Aboutfile usage requires a bit more explanation than "use the preview button instead of immediately saving", so it makes sense to have something prepared ahead of time for that. For this, not so much.

It's relatively easy to miss the preview button, as many new users do. Hell even I missed it. I'm pretty tired of saying use the preview button instead of consecutive edits and I wish I had an easily accessible illustration of the preview button.

Super Smash Misty said:
I still think they should be used for animated images where the colors are affected, but oh well.
Most animated images are sprites, which in turn, are already indexed, usually, so most of the time, the need for animated .pngs is basically nonexistent.

Headless Specter said:
Thoughts on Gallery:Biddybuggy? It's got enough images, but may not be notable enough.
Technically, it could classify as an object, but it doesn't really matter if we don't have a gallery for it tbh

There's really only about 4 color schemes for this kart. We don't need an image of everyone riding it. If we do, make it like the Mario Kart Wii karts, like the Cheep Charger

I have a question: if we have articles on Air Dodge and Smash Attack and many special moves such as Cape, Wario Bike, then how come we don't have articles for other characters' special moves?

[...]all these crossovers are given full coverage: everything appearing in the games gets articles.

So, um, Kirby's, Fox's, Link's, and every other special move unrelated to a Mario character don't have their own articles. Any reason? They do appear in the games, so they should get their own article.

I would like to bring up Mic (Special:Contributions/Mic) here, (s)he is uploading transparent versions of the vehicle parts in Mario Kart 8, but it kinda looks like he made those himself. I'm not entirely sure whether or not these new versions are welcome here, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

^Why don't you ask him/her?

It was manually done, compare the two and you will find that the latter was edited to remove the background and then a sweet blackish border was applied to hide the bad pixels.

20140521162242%21LandshipBodyMK8.png
LandshipBodyMK8.png

But to say the truth, I guess he/she did quite a good work, too bad that it will be reverted.

Dashbot beat you to it

Better you let the guy know and have him be okay with it before you revert.

I think some articles on Real-World subjects need some rewrite. MarioWiki consistently and laughably fails at making a serious description of Real-World aspects such as Africa. I suggest we condense those articles into just the roles they play and that's it. No need to define what peaches, Antarctica, and apples are; just tell us what they are doing in the Mario series and that's it.

The REAL confirmation (The Koopaling Scoop)

:bowjr: :bowjr:Do not be alarmed, but I am the REAL Bowser Jr. I am here to koopaficially confirm that the Koopalings are King Dad's STEPKIDS. My step-mom Clawdia used to be married to Morton, had 7 kids (that explains Morton Jr.): Larry, Roy, Lemy, Wendy, Iggy, Morton Jr., and Ludwig. Then, she got married to King Dad, who had me 2 years before the Koopalings were born. Then, (I just recently found out) King Dad tricked me into thinking Peach was my mom and she was kidnapped by the "evil" Mario. That's why I joined (and ditched) King Dad.

http://forum.mariowiki.com/Smileys/default/bowjr.png-Bowser Koopa, Jr.http://forum.mariowiki.com/Smileys/default/bowjr.png

No need to respond... I just need a response to my problem with articles related to generic locations/items.

Good, because I just removed some stuff like "Antarctica is southernmost continent on planet Earth. It is covered by ice. It has a lot of penguins. It is really cold.", and the "inhabitants" parameter of the "infobox". That kind of stuff doesn't belong in MarioWiki.

Back