General Discussion

Duskull said:
I assume as we give Smash full coverage, and we have articles on the Subspace enemies and the ones in Adventure Mode, when Smash for 3DS is released we'll be creating articles on the Smash Run enemies.
Then they need to be red-linked. If it isn't done already, I'm going to do this.

So, apparently, this has existed for 3 years.

I think it may have passed the deadline. Classify it as a no quorum, if someone wants to revitalize the discussion and re-propose it let them.

It's formatted improperly, so I don't think it gets classified as anything. I think it just gets scrapped.

I don't know. The proposer of the gallery reformatting said that s/he didn't want the namespace to be changed.

Yep, it's basically like giving a page to King because Bowser can be referred to as it.

Both pages don't source their shit, but the former is more detailled and has an (still unsourced) claims the Japanese names are the same, while the later has only sentence in the intro about SM64, which makes me think someone's thought process went "They're both big and puke fire" and that's it.

There is no proof those are called Piranhacus Giganticus, so I think moving that information to the more generic-sounding "Big Fire Piranha Plant" would make sense. But I'm using basic logic here, and sometimes, it's defied.

There is that ongoing TPP to merge the two.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Big_Piranha_Plant#TPP:_Merge_Piranhacus_Giganticus_with_Big_Piranha_Plant

Glowsquid said:
Both pages don't source their *bleep*, but the former is more detailled and has an (still unsourced) claims the Japanese names are the same, while the later has only sentence in the intro about SM64, which makes me think someone's thought process went "They're both big and puke fire" and that's it.
Well, according to the wiki Piranhacus Giganticus's Japanese name is " でかパックンフラワー". Here is the name of the first mission of Tiny-Huge Island in the Japanese version of the game:
7VfIpTJ.jpg

There are some similarities (I suck at Japanese).

Don't forget about that there is a normal sized Fire Piranha Plant. What is on my mind currently is to put information about the big one in Big Fire Piranha Plant, and put a note of the Japanese name in Piranhacus Giganticus.

Bringing this back if you don't mind.

Why was the sponsors page moved to a gallery namespace (Gallery:Sponsors_in_the_Mario_Kart_series)? Doesn't it break the consistency with List of Mario Party # minigames (Category:Lists) and especially List of treasures in Wario World. I mean, it's not technically a "gallery", it's a "list".

Megaman said:
Glowsquid said:
Both pages don't source their *bleep*, but the former is more detailled and has an (still unsourced) claims the Japanese names are the same, while the later has only sentence in the intro about SM64, which makes me think someone's thought process went "They're both big and puke fire" and that's it.
Well, according to the wiki Piranhacus Giganticus's Japanese name is " でかパックンフラワー". Here is the name of the first mission of Tiny-Huge Island in the Japanese version of the game:
7VfIpTJ.jpg

There are some similarities (I suck at Japanese).

Don't forget about that there is a normal sized Fire Piranha Plant. What is on my mind currently is to put information about the big one in Big Fire Piranha Plant, and put a note of the Japanese name in Piranhacus Giganticus.

きょだい is "huge/gigantic/enormous." でか is from でかい, meaning "huge/gargantuan." Similar, but not the same.

Meanwhile, Green Power Star should be renamed to Green Star since that's what they are called in-game (and within the article). But such move cannot be performed because "page name already exists". So, can anyone else do it?

Green Star is what's in SM3DW. You could move Green Star to Green Star (Super Mario 3D World) and this to Green Star (Super Mario Galaxy).

The later page shouldn't even exist as per MW:Generic Subjects.

You shouldn't discuss inter-user matters like this; this isn't the thread for it. >_>

Back