Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants - DLC Pack 2

Re: Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants

Lakitu de Vlot said:
Wayoshi said:
every retro is probably going to have at least one use of [anti-gravity].
Not necessarily, in MK7 they didn't add any air or underwater to N64 Luigi Raceway.
The majority of the tracks, including retro tracks, had underwater and/or air segments. Luigi Raceway is an exception.

So in the most recent trailer DK Jungle, GBA Mario Circuit, Grumble Volcano and Tick Tock Clock were confirmed to be returning in MK8 (I don't know about Toad's Factory though, I see a factory with a similar theme but it doesn't correlate with Toad's Factory). Free cookies to anyone who predicted these correctly I suppose.

I'm happy they used a GBA Mario Circuit instead but I still wish they used a better GBA course ala Cheese Land

Smasher said:
I just want to see DS Tick Tock Clock return.

and thus I am satisfied

Anser said:
Freakworld said:
Smasher said:
Smasher said:

and thus I am satisfied

^

When did Tick Tock Clock appear in the trailer? I didn't see it :|

The second course shown, where Luigi is seen driving through a course with spinning gears in the background.

I'm glad retro courses are getting a major overhaul, to the point where they are unrecognizable. Shows you how much effort Nintendo is really putting in this game.

Lakitu de Vlot said:
Anser said:
Freakworld said:
Smasher said:
Smasher said:

and thus I am satisfied

^

When did Tick Tock Clock appear in the trailer? I didn't see it :|
At 0:12, 1:13 and 1:34 in the trailer. It got a great make-over, I also had trouble recognizing it.

Oh wow, I didn't notice because of the new details. It looks awesome, actually. It was always one of the coolest courses in the game for me, so I'm glad it's back. Thanks for pointing the exact seconds out!

Every track shown has been beautiful.

Though I didn't really enjoy Music Park in MK7 so I'm not too impressed by it's inclusion and the new music themed track. Both just seem bland.

The GBA Mario Circuit reminds me of the Crash Bandicoot Racing game with the anti-gravity walls in one of the levels. Actually, the first trailer showing anti-gravity reminded me of it as well.

Baby Luigi said:
I'm happy they used a GBA Mario Circuit instead but I still wish they used a better GBA course ala Cheese Land
I honestly agree with this because Mario Circuit is ok, but there are definitely better courses from the GBA game.

Hey, be thankful it isn't GBA Bowser Castle or SNES Mario Circuit... yet.

New trailer released showing a ton of new retro courses and I almost cried:
So let's see:
N64 Toad's Turnpike
N64 Rainbow Road
N64 Royal Raceway
DS Cheep Cheep Beach
Wii Moo Moo Meadows
SNES Donut Plains 3
SKmarioman said:
N64 Royal Raceway
N64 Rainbow Road
SKmarioman said:
Toad's Turnpike [...] And add some driving on the walls or something, like you can only drive on the outer walls safe from the traffic but it's a slower route, y'know for the newcomers.
Nailed it.

I haven't updated my predictions for a while so I think I should mention I did create a new list on my phone that included Cheep Cheep Beach and Donut Plains 3 yeah, sure also there goes my hopes of Yoshi Valley being in the game.

Okay time to predict the possibly final 3 tracks:
Because GBA Mario Circuit is already here I'm not going to predict SNES Mario Circuit 4 despite possible tradition.
SNES Bowser Castle 3 OR GBA Bowser Castle 4 (both have equal chance at this point, I'm leaning more towards SNES for the same reason as above)
GCN Wario Colosseum, because this track was pretty much made for anti gravity in the first place.
Wii DK Summit, mainly because there's no other winter themed retro track and there's already a Toad themed course, if Toad's Factory is final then partial credit?

Sorry about the long post, but this new trailer is just... wow.

Update: According to Gamexplain's new analysis video Yoshi Valley and Sherbet Land are listed in Sunshine Airport, so... I'm guessing that Yoshi Valley is actually the name of a new course since having 4 N64 tracks would be a bit much when every other game has no more than 3 tracks returning and that would leave only Wario Stadium left for Mario Kart 9(?), and as for Sherbet Land well that's sort of a disappointment if it replaces Wario Colosseum, but at the same time that would be the winter themed retro track so now I'm thinking that Sherbet Land and Toad's Factory are almost certain at this point, and either Yoshi Valley or another SNES or GBA track.

Oh damn, that rainbow road remix had me grinning. Felt nostalgic.

Can I say the stages look awesome? Because they look awesome.

Awww but... But... They remixed the music from N64 Rainbow Road :( They should have left the original, it had that... space-y feeling. I hope they didn't touch Toad's Turnpike's theme. That one's awesome the way it is.

Too late, Toad's Turnpike's music has been covered already, like all the rest. I found the original quite boring to be honest though.

Surprised you think they might leave musics alone though, they always redo the music for retro tracks.

I'm glad they're making N64 Rainbow Road like 50,000x less boring

I like the cover of the Rainbow Road N64. I think the added guitar notes, though, is a bit unfitting. I was expecting a more grandiose feeling, but I like the music nevertheless. It's really too bad they aren't making these kinds of BGMs for the entire soundtrack, really.

Wayoshi said:
It's hard to predict this stuff - GCN Dry Dry Desert is such an uninspired choice, and might the only GCN - but in terms of wants...

-GBA Ribbon Road or GBA Rainbow Road
-3DS Wario Shipyard
-GCN Bowser's Castle
-N64 Royal Raceway
-DS Tick Tock Clock
Hey, 2/5 correct isn't so bad! And N64 RR looks so good, I'm fine there too.

EDIT: Whoever is saying Yoshi Valley is actually a new course - you're grasping at straws mate.

They sort of overdid it with the N64 retro courses, in my opinion.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
They sort of overdid it with the N64 retro courses, in my opinion.

I agree. I mean, come on. We're probably gonna get an N64 battle course too, but Double Deck doesn't sound too bad

Unless they put the item boxes in one spot like they did with DS Palm Shore.

Back