Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants - DLC Pack 2

AudEnvSe_Du_Metro

i really hope this is a new metropolis city

because i'd want a decent metropolis city in this game

Freakworld said:
My onl want right now is Wario Colosseum after I've seen Dragon Driftway and Mute City.
I'm starting doubt Wario Colosseum now actually. Espically after seeing Yoshi Circuit take up a GCN DLC spot and already being 3 other wario themed tracks (one being in the dlc) in the game.

I thinking we might get an already used retro track for the DS (hopefully Waluigi Pinball). For the 3DS, Wuhu Loop and Neo Bowser City seem to look the most likely but I want to see Rosalina's Ice World or Rock Rock Mountain. I also would like to Wario Shipyard but I don't think it's happening as mentioned above. As for GBA, anything that isn't Bowser's Castle or a circuit would be nice.

Well, the top four I want with how I think they could change it (if possible):

Waluigi Pinball (big surprise): if they can dump SNES Rainbow Road from 3ds to Wii U while giving it a graphics upgrade, they can do the same for this stage. Hell, the music is already remixed. I can easily see the part from 0:29-1:00 being anti-gravity, essentially like dragon driftway where 80-90% of the track is anti-gravity. The bumpers can easily be reworked into those doohickeys on the tracks that give you boosts too.

Airship Fortress: Same thing about dumping applies, minus the music. Only problem is that it might be a Music Park deal where it's pretty much the same. The only place where I can see anti-gravity working really good would be the tower part before the finish line.

Mushroom Gorge: Once again, same deal with the previous two. Not sure where they would put anti-gravity here though.

Toad's Factory: They can easily make the inside portions of the factory anti-gravity and the big jumps gliding ramps.

As for the characters and new tracks (I know this is about retro tracks, deal with it), I'd want to see Kirby. Like, seriously, it bugs me that Link and Villager/Isabelle got in over a character that's already had their own racing game, especially since it was teased for Rosalina's Smash trailer. With Kirby their should be a Fountain of dreams course preferably, but if there was going to be a Kirby track, it would probably be something painfully boring like Green Greens. :-\ Captain Falcon can also apply to this too.

SKmarioman said:
I'm not entirely sure what the source of this is but:

http://pastebin.com/QQRevJBt

3DS Neo Bowser City and GCN Baby Park are supposedly in pack 2 according to a plaintext file in the DLC (the fact that it says "D3ds_NeoBowserCity" makes me question this though)

but dammit nintendo if this is true make baby park a battle course too
I really doubt it is true. It also is just plain text so yeah.

Should be mentioned though that Wii U Bowser's Castle is named Gu_BowserCastle in MK8's files, not something with Koopa.[1]

If they reretro another track from Mario Kart 7 (or just reretroing in general), I'm going to scream.

Lol, plain text is the worst way to convince people of anything.

look at me, i can do it too!

AudEnvSe_Dagb_Ribbon
AudEnvSe_Dsfc_Vanilla
AudEnvSe_Dgc_YoshiCircuit
AudEnvSe_Dsfc_RainbowRoad
AudEnvSe_Du_Animal
AudEnvSe_Du_DragonRoad
AudEnvSe_Du_ExciteBike
AudEnvSe_Du_Hyrule
AudEnvSe_Du_IcePark
AudEnvSe_Du_Volcano
AudEnvSe_Du_MuteCity
AudEnvSe_Du_Forest
AudEnvSe_Dwii_WariosMine

guys youre all wrong

ive ripped this directly from nintendo's dev server:

AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol
AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol
AudEnvSe_Dsfc_RainbowRoad
AudEnvSe_Du_Animal
AudEnvSe_Du_mariocircuitrecolor
AudEnvSe_Dgba_somethingfromthisgameidknobodyofushasplayedit
AudEnvSe_Du_randomgenerictrack
AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol
AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol
AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol
AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol
AudEnvSe_Dgc_WarioCol

idk why theyve decided to reuse snes rainbow road but yay wario colosseum.

According to the dev notes much work is going into that track which is why all other tracks are extremely subpar.

AudEnvSe_Du_DisneyWorld
AudEnvSe_Du_HundredAcreWood
AudEnvSe_Dgba_BowserCastle4
AudEnvSe_Du_LiterallyACircle
AudEnvSe_Du_IDontEvenKnowAnymore
AudEnvSe_Ddd_DreamLand
AudEnvSe_Duck_AnotherRainbowRoad

I'm hoping for Kirby and Metroid courses but it's pretty unlikely.

What do really want is a Fire Emblem Awakening Course. please nintendo, just do it.

Magikrazy said:
AudEnvSe_Dgba_BowserCastle4

wrong, "gba" is called "agb" in gamefiles so you're a faker

Can someone give me blank templates of all files (by that I mean double dash, 64, ds, etc) for courses so I can pretend to make my own?

gc = double dash
ds = ds
64 = 64
gba = agb
sfc = snes
3ds = 7
wii = wii

nothing, really

just AudEnvSe_Du_WarioAss or something

yeah, i think "u" = 8

AudEnvSe_D3ds_Loop (Wuhu Loop)
AudEnvSe_Du_Crossing (I'm assuming the name of the Animal Crossing Track is "Crossing Circuit")
AudEnvSe_Dwii_Moonview (Moonview Highway)

Rock Rock Moutain
Ribbon Road or Cheese Land
Toad Factory

I'm betting we're getting a Super Bell Hill track, or a track based on SM3DW/Land
AC Town

Rest is in the air.

GUYS I TOTALLY LEGIT FOUND THESE IN THE FILES

AudEnvSe_D3ds_Mountain
AudEnvSe_Dagb_Ribbon
AudEnvSe_Dds_Figure8
AudEnvSe_Dwii_DaisyCourse
AudEnvSe_Dsfc_Vanilla2

In all seriousness, those are the retro tracks I want. Since Pack 1 only had 3 retro tracks, I think this one should have 5.

AND LOOK THE NITRO TRACKS

AudEnvSe_Du_Village
AudEnvSe_Du_Tree
AudEnvSe_Du_Balls

Predictions

RETRO
AudEnvSe_D3ds_MakaWuhu
AudEnvSe_Dwii_Factory
AudEnvSe_Dwii_Rainbow
AudEnvSe_Dgc_Rainbow
AudEnvSe_Dds_Rainbow
AudEnvSe_D3ds_Rainbow