Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants - DLC Pack 2

Re: Your Mario Kart 8 Retro Track Predictions/Wants

I don't think that's a problem. They can repeat tracks, it's not like it's a big deal whether they do or not. Literally every returning track has been used once already in their debut game, one more won't hurt.

How come most of Super Circuit's returning tracks have been circuits or castles?

Why are you asking us? We don't know.

All we can do is assume they like bringing those tracks back.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
How come most of Super Circuit's returning tracks have been circuits or castles?

She's got a point, the only ones not being circuits or castles are Sky Garden (DS) and Shy Guy Beach (Wii).

Crackin355 said:

All we can do is assume they like bringing those tracks back.
It's just a start-up question; I mean, Super Circuit has a wide variety of settings, and the later Mario Kart games aren't showing its true colors, really.

Crackin355 said:

It's a rhetorical question

That's not my point

Potted Piranha Plant said:
I'm so happy GCN Dry Dry Desert is back. ;D

Yeah, the remix of the music is great and it looks nice, but I don't like the oasis that much. Kinda ruins the DRY DRY part of Dry Dry Desert. I'm glad they removed the tornado, that thing was so annoying...

Petey Piranha said:
I'm so happy GCN Dry Dry Desert is back. ;D

Yeah, the remix of the music is great and it looks nice, but I don't like the oasis that much. Kinda ruins the DRY DRY part of Dry Dry Desert. I'm glad they removed the tornado, that thing was so annoying...

I agree about the oasis, but I did like the tornado. :bowser:

Why do people think oases are suddenly a weird part of the desert? Dry Dry Desert from Paper Mario had an oasis too.

Baby Luigi said:
Why do people think oases are suddenly a weird part of the desert? Dry Dry Desert from Paper Mario had an oasis too.

Because a massive amount of water in a place with "dry dry" in it's name seems a little weird.

I don't know, I guess it's a pretty cool idea. I don't really get why there's bottomless pits in the oasis, though.

Also, why did they remove the big piranha plant in the quicksand pit? That was a cool touch in the original.

Petey Piranha said:
I don't know, I guess it's a pretty cool idea. I don't really get why there's bottomless pits in the oasis, though.

Also, why did they remove the big piranha plant in the quicksand pit? That was a cool touch in the original.

Well maybe it's not visible until you go in the dead center of it like in Double Dash?

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
That's not my point
Did you mean this;
It's just a start-up question
Yeah, that's one way to use a rhetorical question, but I was playing it safe.

Baby Luigi said:

Because a massive amount of water in a place with "dry dry" in it's name seems a little weird.
Cool Cool Mountain wasn't exactly "cool" either...

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
That's not my point
Did you mean this;
It's just a start-up question
Yeah, that's one way to use a rhetorical question, but I was playing it safe.

Baby Luigi said:

Cool Cool Mountain wasn't exactly "cool" either...

But it looked cool. :P Well, cooler than boshi at least. :P :boshi:

^Dat super-long quote box^

I kinda hated Toad's Turnpike. I would have preferred Wario Stadium for an N64 track. At least it doesn't seem as rage-inducing now.

Might as well start this up again now that pack 1's out and pack 2 is set for 6 months away.

So my predictions are as follows:

Since Pack 1 had 3 tracks from console Mario Kart games, it's safe to guess that Pack 2 would have one from each of the handheld games.

3DS Wuhu Loop - Easy way to kill 2 birds with one stone for the crossover factor.
DS Figure-8 Circuit - Figurative of the game's name.

The GBA one, boy that's tough, that just proves that they really haven't used enough from this game yet.

I'm gonna say Bowser's Castle 4 because there's no other retro Bowser's Castle track, but if Ribbon Road is it they could really go all out with the anti-gravity.

can we plz haz ribbon road

pelase!?

I'm not entirely sure what the source of this is but:

http://pastebin.com/QQRevJBt

3DS Neo Bowser City and GCN Baby Park are supposedly in pack 2 according to a plaintext file in the DLC (the fact that it says "D3ds_NeoBowserCity" makes me question this though)

but dammit nintendo if this is true make baby park a battle course too

Back