Which character most deserves their own "year"?

Who do you think deserves their own "year"?

• Peach

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Toad

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Luigi again!

• None of the above

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
After seeing a comment on Super Mario 3D World about someone being disappointed by the lack of Yoshi, I realized Yoshi has become less and less relevant to Mario and Nintendo as time went on. What happened, he was, like, the most popular character Mario and Nintendo had?!

He's getting two ---ing games. TWO of them. AND he got a Yoshi's Island themed DLC in Sonic Lost World

Stop overeacting because he didn't appear in one game

For the love of chiz, calm down. He was just casually stating that Yoshi hasn't appeared much in the main platformer games, you don't need to shout at someone whenever they mention Yoshi and his relevance to the games.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
For the love of chiz, calm down. He was just casually stating that Yoshi hasn't appeared much in the main platformer games, you don't need to shout at someone whenever they mention Yoshi and his relevance to the games.

Ignorance of information does not excuse pathetic statements

Baby Luigi said:
Smashgoom202 said:
After seeing a comment on Super Mario 3D World about someone being disappointed by the lack of Yoshi, I realized Yoshi has become less and less relevant to Mario and Nintendo as time went on. What happened, he was, like, the most popular character Mario and Nintendo had?!

He's getting two ---ing games. TWO of them. AND he got a Yoshi's Island themed DLC in Sonic Lost World

Stop overeacting because he didn't appear in one game
My sister always acts like she's a lion that hasn't been fed and realizes that it's intentional.

So, hang on.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
My sister always acts like she's a lion that hasn't been fed and realizes that it's intentional.

So, hang on.

Yes, I'm a terrible, unforgiving beast. Thanks for reminding me of that
thumbup.gif

If there is Year of Yoshi... I... I...

Yoshi already gets a ton of love from Mario fans and he gets so much attention. Why does he need more? It's the same reason I don't approve the whole fecal matter of a concept called "Year of the Luigi".

Please, no more years unless we're dealing with less popular characters when it comes to Nintendo AND fans.

I don't know about you, but after watching aMSa and his Yoshi at Apex, I'm all for a Year of Yoshi. Maybe he can make it into A tier.

Ganondorf said:
I don't know about you, but after watching aMSa and his Yoshi at Apex, I'm all for a Year of Yoshi. Maybe he can make it into A tier.

I don't really think that would be a great reason to make a Year of Yoshi but I do agree that aMSa was pretty amazing. Yoshi will jump up the tier list for sure though.

If it's Year of Yoshi, I'll replace Wario's model with Yoshi's head in Mario Kart Wii and make all of them 3 laps behind me, all with 99:59:99 in their times

Randy Cunningham said:
Toad. He's been brought back into the spotlight lately, so a Year of Toad would be nice.
I'd like to see his year, but where is his spotlight? Being held by Peach in SSB4?

Randy Cunningham said:
Dorayaki said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Toad. He's been brought back into the spotlight lately, so a Year of Toad would be nice.
I'd like to see his year, but where is his spotlight? Being held by Peach in SSB4?
The New Super Mario Bros Wii games and Super Mario 3D World
Former: Being rescued in order to give players bonus life
Latter: The Adventures of Captain Toad
Uhmm... both are strange spotlights I guess.

Dorayaki said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Dorayaki said:
Randy Cunningham said:

and so the great debate over which toad is "the toad" begins yet again...

eh the little guy deserves a go, he's been shafted pretty often too.

Although he has been playable on several occasions though, so he will or wont get a try.

Only thing that concerns me is the voice actor.

Although really id prefer to see toadette.

Dorayaki said:
Randy Cunningham said:
Dorayaki said:
Randy Cunningham said:

No, the blue and yellow Toads.

Decade of Luigi said:
IMO, a toad is a toad

If it's it's own character, it would have a unique name.

"it"?

Are you following that trend of calling Toad an "it" in MarioWiki?

"He" or "she" refers to specific characters, which Toad is a Toad, who is a member of the Toad species.

I've never met anyone named "Human" before.

Yoshi is a dumb name for a Yoshi too

It seems like Nintendo is too lazy to give these guys proper names.

I'm not really sure it is a name
(except in the kart/party series)
especially considering how many yoshi die

Back