Which character most deserves their own "year"?

Who do you think deserves their own "year"?

• Peach

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Toad

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Luigi again!

• None of the above

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Yeah, the poll on the main wiki. I'm not saying 2014, since Nintendo said the "Year of Luigi" will continue into 2014 for some reason. Instead, this will be a general sort of thing. Who do you think deserves their own "year" dedicated to them in the future?

Personally, I voted Toad. Toad has become really underrated as of late, to the point of being mixed in with the other Toads of his species which he's named after. I like what MovieBob/The Game Overthinker suggested in a Q&A video of his, that Toad should totally star in his own game, and the game should have the same play style as Super Mario Bros. 2.

I don't really think there was a time when Toad was really popular. Toad is popular enough, but nearly as popular as Mario or Luigi or Yoshi or Bowser. But having Toad star in his own game like SMB2...that sounds cool. It really does.

I forgot what I picked, but I think it was Bowser. Being a villain, I don't see it happening, but Bowser is one of the oldest and more reoccuring chracters.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
rosalina was in like one game

super mario galaxy
mario kart wii
super mario galaxy 2
mario kart 7
super mario 3d world
mario party: island tour (?)
super smash bros. wii u/3ds
mario kart 8

War Doctor said:
Rosalina was introduced in like 2007

give here another 23 years

then you can give her a "year"
this^

in the meantime i'm in support of a Year of Yoshi or Bowser

Glowsquid said:

+3

Lefty and I joked about Wario (acting girly) wishing to be the Year of the Wario.

I'm a bit surprised.

Freaking Yoshi got the most votes in the MarioWiki poll. You know, that guy who's already Nintendo's beloved pet to begin with.

Lynx Canadensis said:
Ganondorf said:
Captain Falcon
That's not even a mario character.

Technically that answer can count as valid as it says "Which character" and not "Which Mario character" in the topic, though there's a poll up so that's kind of arguable.

Ganondorf said:
I don't care. It would mean a new F-Zero game and he would be confirmed for Smash.

I would love one on the 3DS. That needs to happen.

i think waluigi does

i mean i like him and psycho waluigi was fun and if some random dude on the internet can make a waluigi fangame fun, i bet a big time game company can do the same.

Either Ikaruga, Homura or Katsuragi.

What's this topic, honestly? If ask me, all characters should have own celebrations. The problem now is we don't see Nintendo announce 2014 the Year of Peach. Or it's weird why Nintendo ever had to announce a Year for Luigi if they don't have further plans.

Ganondorf said:
Captain Falcon
Uh, a new FZ game before that.

Back