Which character most deserves their own "year"?

Who do you think deserves their own "year"?

• Peach

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Bowser

• Yoshi

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Wario

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Toad

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Waluigi

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Luigi again!

• None of the above

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
Decade of Luigi said:
He was a M&L series staple, he shouldn't have been killed to begin with. And even so, what does death matter in a Mario game? It's called extra lives.
Only Toads and humans can eat Mushrooms. That's why the Koopas and Goombas aren't affected when they pass by a power-up.

also he wasnt really that much of a staple in pit as he's really only seen for the only side content in the game, those bean things.

Princess Zae said:
also he wasnt really that much of a staple in pit as he's really only seen for the only side content in the game, those bean things.

It screams fanservice to me

Though BiS can count as well

He was a staple until Nintendo decided to make him die. Many including me were fans of him because he was the only RPG villain who didn't die, and it seemed like we finally had our modern recurring villain that wasn't Bowser or DK. Then all of us who thought that were met by a blatant middle finger in BIS's ending.

I honestly say I don't discriminate any character but those who could have a better role in Mario series should get more chances before ever entering this topic. Koopalings are a sad example.

get over it, there are plenty of loveable rpg villains who only appear once, the fact that fawful appeared 3 times is something you should be greatful for.

and besides he was really lame

Princess Zae said:
get over it, there are plenty of loveable rpg villains who only appear once, the fact that fawful appeared 3 times is something you should be greatful for.

RIP Shroobs :'(

Baby Luigi said:
Princess Zae said:

x-nauts man, also koopa bros.

and if we go outside of mario rpgs

we find kefka, aribeth, malak, richard, and god knows how many amusing rpg villains there are.

(well techically richard was possessed but lol)

I don't care about this year thing. So none of the above.

Princess Zae said:
Baby Luigi said:
Princess Zae said:

x-nauts man, also koopa bros.

and if we go outside of mario rpgs

we find kefka, aribeth, malak, richard, and god knows how many amusing rpg villains there are.

(well techically richard was possessed but lol)

Sho Minamimoto from TWEWY as well. Why? Here:

Sho_Minamimoto_Wallpaper_by_V_chan10.jpg

Oh yay my poll! :D

I voted Peach on the main poll. She's been around since 1985, and is arguably one of the most vital characters in the franchise, but has almost squat to show for it. She had, what, only 3 or 4 playable appearances in major games?

Decade of Luigi said:
He was a staple until Nintendo decided to make him die. Many including me were fans of him because he was the only RPG villain who didn't die, and it seemed like we finally had our modern recurring villain that wasn't Bowser or DK. Then all of us who thought that were met by a blatant middle finger in BIS's ending.
I like Fawful as much as the next guy, but I don't think that compares to what happened to Antasma towards the end of Dream Team. Just when things were starting to go back to normal for the RPGs after the crushing blow that Sticker Star dealt, they ended up pulling a stunt like that. They just couldn't keep a thing going.

Solar Blaze said:
Decade of Luigi said:
I like Fawful as much as the next guy, but I don't think that compared to what happened to Antasma towards the end of Dream Team. Just when things were starting to go back to normal for the RPGs after crushing blow that Sticker Star dealt, they ended up pulling a stunt like that. They just couldn't keep a thing going.
Oh, yes. That was also really shocking to me. And just think... Some people liked that part, saying "Bowser was due a comeback in the RPGs after being a buttmonkey for so long" and they don't even stop to think that Sticker Star was that comeback (pathetic as it was). Sticker Star proves that Bowser is really bad at being an RPG villain. He was okay in Dream Team except for that part. Especially since nothing led up to it or forshadowed it. It was just suddenly "Expecting an original unique final boss? Too bad, Bowser time!"

You've summed up my thoughts on the matter perfectly, but as far as Bowser not being a good RPG villain? I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I don't think he's a good villain, period. I shouldn't really need to explain why at this point.

That aside...

The issue that I have is that they went through all the trouble of coming up with an awesome new villain, only to have him shafted at the last second. Even before then, Antasma was almost completely undermined by Bowser (who's already had more than his share of time in the spotlight over the years), and hardly had any real opportunity to shine and develop as a character. In short, Antasma was just brimming with potential that they ultimately wasted in the end.

After seeing a comment on Super Mario 3D World about someone being disappointed by the lack of Yoshi, I realized Yoshi has become less and less relevant to Mario and Nintendo as time went on. What happened, he was, like, the most popular character Mario and Nintendo had?!

...So I might consider changing my vote from Toad to Yoshi.

Smashgoom202 said:
After seeing a comment on Super Mario 3D World about someone being disappointed by the lack of Yoshi, I realized Yoshi has become less and less relevant to Mario and Nintendo as time went on. What happened, he was, like, the most popular character Mario and Nintendo had?!

He's getting two ---ing games. TWO of them. AND he got a Yoshi's Island themed DLC in Sonic Lost World

Stop overeacting because he didn't appear in one game

Smashgoom202 said:

...So I might consider changing my vote from Toad to Yoshi.
As far as I remember, Yoshi is definitely not the least recurring main character in Mario franchise. He's been in not only many SMB titles but own subseries. If you mean you want to vote the character with fewest appearance, both of them are not.

And he is actually irrelevant to the major backstory of SMB for that he's not a Mushroom citizen, but strange enough he can be summoned in any extraterrestrial place as Nintendo wish.

IMO Yoshi is overrated. I don't hate him, but I honestly don't know how he has so many rabid fanboys. He was originally just a gimmick for Super Mario World. Then suddenly he has a humongous fanbase and he isn't even that interesting. Not to say I dislike him, he's pretty cool and I use him in Smash and Kart occasionally, but I don't understand his fanbase.

Solar Blaze said:
Make that two. He wasn't in 3D Land, either, but I still see your point.

He appeared in New Super Mario Bros. U which I believe appeared after 3D Land so I don't think that counts

Decade of Luigi said:
IMO Yoshi is overrated. I don't hate him, but I honestly don't know how he has so many rabid fanboys. He was originally just a gimmick for Super Mario World. Then suddenly he has a humongous fanbase and he isn't even that interesting. Not to say I dislike him, he's pretty cool and I use him in Smash and Kart occasionally, but I don't understand his fanbase.

I get what you're saying too. The difference is that I loathe him.

Back