So what's with Rosalina recently?

galaxy 1 was was good and 2 was totally fucking great

Hans said:
high heels are pain in the ass to wear
I know right? My ankles are too weak or something like that, because I literally cannot take a step.

you can get high heels with wider soles, its way better for your feet

as for galaxy, I liked galaxy, and galaxy 2 was ok, but nowhere near what galaxy was for me

MnSG said:
A lot of Mario games apparently become rather stale with their sequels.

What especially bothers me is that the same guys who put Galaxy 2 on some sort of pedestal criticize the another series for doing exactly what Galaxy 2 did: copy and pasting elements from the precedent and doing, like, literally nothing to stand out.

"Oh but it's a direct sequel so it can get away with it!"

Sure.

I like both Galaxy games a lot, and I can't really decide which one I prefer. I'd be happy if they made a third game.

Fighter Zae said:
ernesth100 said:
But what do you people have against the concept of smg3?

because i hated smg a lot

smg2 looks even worse and from what i hear it is even worse.

Although the likely hood of smg3 is slim, i'm still grossed out of the idea.

Whoever told you that is full of shit. Yes, Galaxy 2 is just an expansion of Galaxy 1, but it's nowhere near being a bad game. At least you didn't say "Galaxy sucks" and you said that you just don't like it. That's nice.

I'm totally in for Galaxy 3 AS LONG AS they make it a brand new game and not a rehash of the past two (God, I don't know how many times I have said that already, with those exact same words).

well me saying galaxy sucks and saying i dont like it are practically the same thing lol.

people need to learn that if a person says it sucks its because it sucks to them.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I like both Galaxy games a lot, and I can't really decide which one I prefer. I'd be happy if they made a third game.

I would've liked it more if Yoshi had some involvement in the first Super Mario Galaxy, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 did resolve that matter a little. Unfortunately, the sequel did come with a price in that Rosalina only made a small appearance, and what's even more disturbing is that she never even interacts with Yoshi at all (both can be present on the Starship Mario at the same time).

I don't want another Super Mario Galaxy.

I want Super Mario Something Else.

ANYTHING.

Just as long as it doesn't suck or is M-rated.

Yeah, sure.

Just as long as it isn't a moniker for Super Mario Galaxy.

Cirdec said:
M-rated game is never going to happen.
I'm not going to let smart alecks make a statement that will make me object to my own statement.

Anser said:
Whoever told you that is full of *bleep*. Yes, Galaxy 2 is just an expansion of Galaxy 1, but it's nowhere near being a bad game. At least you didn't say "Galaxy sucks" and you said that you just don't like it. That's nice.

I'm totally in for Galaxy 3 AS LONG AS they make it a brand new game and not a rehash of the past two (God, I don't know how many times I have said that already, with those exact same words).
Agree. Galaxy 2 isn't that bad, but just not a innovative move. even that there is Galaxy 3 which have 100 review score, people would still say this is a boring game. Unless Galaxy 3 can be made to be totally different and add many features that doesn't look like an expansion pack, we'd still hope another SMB game with different theme and gameplay.

And for this topic, I'd hope to see a game feature other main characters if Galaxy 3 means Rosalina would be featured once again. I'd rather see a Super Rosalina rather than doing this.

So wait I just realized. Why didnt Rosalina use her cosmic powers to help Mario? Cause apparentley she can teleport, grow to gigantic size and has a basically indestructable ship/observatory.

ernesth100 said:
So wait I just realized. Why didnt Rosalina use her cosmic powers to help Mario? Cause apparentley she can teleport, grow to gigantic size and has a basically indestructable ship/observatory.

My guess would be that Rosalina needs the Grand Stars to fully utilize her powers. Without them, her abilities become rather limited. I guess you could say that the Comet Observatory's beacon also serves as Rosalina's power source.

ernesth100 said:
She probably can't use these powers to save from what Bowser is doing. What can teleporting or growing do if you're against some galaxy reactor?

Hypochondriac Mario said:
ernesth100 said:
She probably can't use these powers to save from what Bowser is doing. What can teleporting or growing do if you're against some galaxy reactor?

Couldn't she teleport to the galaxy reactor, and then grow to gigantic size to plow through everything and one-shot Bowser?

She can but she's a lazy ass and makes Mario do the hard work. Or maybe she just wants to make Mario look better. I don't know. Motivation in Mario games when there's barely any plot? Pfft.

It's funny how she doesn't want to actually help much when the universe is in danger in one game, yet she decides to join the heroes in an adventure after the Sprixies are rescued and there's not much of a threat in another one.

Don't ask about the story and motivation and plot in Mario games. Just don't. You'll end up with a scrambled brain.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
Couldn't she teleport to the galaxy reactor, and then grow to gigantic size to plow through everything and one-shot Bowser?
Depends on her maximum height. When she was shown giant, I don't think she's bigger than a Galaxy reactor.

She also has hazards to contend with.

Back