Pokemon Advice Thread! Javelin's monopoly is no more!

Re: Javelin's Pokemon Advice Thread!

SoPo said:
Dragon - Druddigon: Has an abysmal 45 Base speed and a base attack that is less than 4 points above average for a FE Dragon. Most dragons are better. Like Garchomp. Twice as fast, 10 more attack.
wrong, it would have to be maybe dratini or deino; those are both barely usable.

Though counting only fully-evolved Pokemon, it's probably Altaria. Similar defenses to Druddigon (which are not bad actually), but no Attack/Special Attack.

hmm curious question.

How effective would a weather team be now that x and y nerfed all the weather abilities to a maximum five turns(unless you make a poke hold those weather stones)?

How is my competitive team?:
Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 250 Atk / 150 Def / 108 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Bulk Up
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Head Smash
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 SAtk / 230 SDef / 38 Spd
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Vaporeon
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Scald

You could do with a better physical wall built with the intention of being a physical wall if you dropped donphan.

You don't need both Megahorn and Pin Missile on Hera. Drop Megahorn for rock blast to better cover fire/flying types.

Donphan is more of a rapid spinner/bulky type pokemon. He takes away rocks or other hazards and has good type coverage with Ice Shard, Head Smash (good counter for Talonflame) and Earthquake which is stab too.

SoPo said:
That's all for now, I'll probably post more later.

...rrr...

...rrRRARGH

STOP IT

MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD OR SOMETHING

Princess Zae said:
How effective would a weather team be now that x and y nerfed all the weather abilities to a maximum five turns(unless you make a poke hold those weather stones)?
They've definitely been nerfed, that's for sure.

However, you can still pull out deadly sweeps with people like Chlorophyll Venusaur (Solarbeam in the sun) and stuff like that, especially since people won't be expecting it. It's just harder because you have to keep refreshing the weather.

Princess Zae said:
hmm curious question.

Speaking of this...

Do weather stones extend the duration of the abilities too? Or is it just the respective weather move?

As in would a Damp Rock make Drizzle AND Rain Dance last longer, or just Rain Dance?

they extend the abilities as well

SoPo said:
I did. More people post here so I'm taking over.

That's just too bad. Every time I come into this thread to see what pokemon talk is going on, it's you 2 bickering over stupid shit. If you guys can't handle having individual threads about advice, just make a generic Pokemon Advice Topic and just bark whatever your opinions are at whoever is asking a question and fight about that, rather than chewing each other out for who's thread is what and who cares this is dumb.

what is your opinion on mega mawile

MyU1jzU.jpg

SoPo said:
well TOO BAD FOR YOU

i believe in the FREE MARKET and COMPETITION and PRIVATE PROPERTY
Morty said:
SoPo said:
That's just too bad. Every time I come into this thread to see what pokemon talk is going on, it's you 2 bickering over stupid shit. If you guys can't handle having individual threads about advice, just make a generic Pokemon Advice Topic and just bark whatever your opinions are at whoever is asking a question and fight about that, rather than chewing each other out for who's thread is what and who cares this is dumb.
I think I'm perfectly within my rights to want an advice thread that has my name on it to be run by me.
Jasmine said:
what is your opinion on mega mawile
Personally, I think it's design is a little too "in your face". And it crossed the border of "ridiculous/cool" and is now on the ridiculous side.

But I can see why people like its design, so I don't have anything against you if you personally enjoy it. (also that image you posted is cool)

Battlewise, Huge Power is a ridiculously awesome ability that makes this thing hit hard with Play Rough and Iron Head, especially after setting up with Swords Dance. Steel/Fairy is excellent typing that gives it only two weaknesses and a bunch of resists. Mega Mawile also learns Sucker Punch for added awesome that allows it to take out faster people even with its low Speed.

Morty said:
SoPo said:

I'm not bickering with him. I give advice and hes rages all over my ass for it.

Dr. Javelin said:
I think I'm perfectly within my rights to want an advice thread that has my name on it to be run by me.

That's fine but just stop acting like a 6 year old please with the arguing, just ignore him.

SoPo said:

Well now you're aware that it's stupid as fuck and he's getting mad about it so can you also stop being 6.

Merry Christmas.

Morty said:
Dr. Javelin said:
That's fine but just stop acting like a 6 year old please with the arguing, just ignore him.
but exaggerating my anger is fun!

why do you hate fun?

Morty said:
Dr. Javelin said:

SoPo said:

Well now you're aware that it's stupid as fuck and he's getting mad about it so can you also stop being 6.

Merry Christmas.

K

Dr. Javelin said:
Morty said:
Dr. Javelin said:
but exaggerating my anger is fun!

why do you hate fun?

well fun is banned in the chat so it wont be long now before its banned here too

how great of an idea is it to have your entire team be level 100 gengars?

hmm jav, did mega gardevoir make a good impact this time or is the poke still sinking in the nu tier?

AFAIK tiers are still in flux. And apparently someone at Smogon had the genius idea to playtest everyone in UU, which has led to complete insanity in the UU tier.

I don't really know because I've recently lost my interest in Pokemon.

How can I make my Roserade more awesome than it already is? (lv. 60 or so, knows dazzling gleam, venoshock, mega drain, and cut)

I take down fairy types all the time.

AND WHERE DO I FIND SLUDGE BOMB? I need it!

It knows Mega Drain? Uh oh.

That, unfortunately, means you evolved it before it learned Giga Drain, a far superior move. You see, Roselia learns moves that its evolution doesn't. I would suggest teaching it Energy Ball instead, you'll deal a lot more damage.

You can find Sludge Bomb at Route 19. You'll have to surf across the deep swampwater to reach it, so remember to bring a Surf Pokemon.

I'd also suggest deleting Cut with the Move Deleter in Dendemille Town and replacing it with Shadow Ball to take care of pesky Psychic types.

Dr. Javelin said:
replacing it with Shadow Ball to take care of pesky Psychic types.

That would actually really benefit my Roserade, thinking about it. I could replace Energy Ball with Shadow Ball, since my Roserade's Giga Drain is only a small notch weaker, heals and would be impossible to regain unlike Energy Ball, and then it'd be a serious force to be reckoned with.

That's it, I'm doing that when I play next.

Back