Pokemon Advice Thread! Javelin's monopoly is no more!

Re: Javelin's Pokemon Advice Thread!

Dr. Javelin said:
I don't really know because I've recently lost my interest in Pokemon.
Wha......?

Smaug said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Wha......?

well if you play a game every day for ages you'll get tired of it eventually.

Pokemon isnt really the most exciting rpg series either so its not hard.

Smaug said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Wha......?
well right now i'm having a blast playing tf2 and minecraft. and at this point i've really done everything there is to do in pokemon, and the only thing remaining is grinding. i mean i still like the universe and the pokemon and stuff but it's just not capturing my attention right now

i'm not even interested in competitive battling right now, which is the big thing that's kept me going for a long time. so maybe this marks the start of a long hiatus from pokemon.

this means i should probably change my avatar. brb

it pains me to say it, but the next chapter will probably be the last for a while

but i'm (maybe) sure i'll come back to it eventually!

Yoshiwaker said:
what do you think is the best starter competitively

besides blaziken
Infernape.

He's got excellent coverage with Flare Blitz, Close Combat, and Thunderpunch. Combined with a Life Orb set, he's a ridiculously powerful revenge killer/coverage killer.

Although I'd personally run Expert Belt because I'm not a fan of Life Orb.

After him it would either be Mega Charizard Y or Mega Venusaur. Or just Chlorophyll Venusaur in the sun.

spam ALL the growths and solarbeams

Hey Jav, I have a bit or a predicament.

I really like both Mega Blastoise and Mega Tyranitar. Unfortunately, I can only have one of them in in my team. Which do I go with?

If you say Tyranitar, would I be better off with a mega stone or assault vest?

Might want to ask someone else since Jav's not quite as interested in Pokémon for the time being.

Personally, I don't know about Tyranitar since it has 7 weaknesses (one of which is double) and Sand Stream can screw over the rest of your team.

Randy Cunningham said:
Might want to ask someone else since Jav's not quite as interested in Pokémon for the time being.

Personally, I don't know about Tyranitar since it has 7 weaknesses (one of which is double) and Sand Stream can screw over the rest of your team.

unless your team is built for sandstorm.

Which actually works quite well.

Fighter Zae said:
Randy Cunningham said:

I would go with a sand team, but weather got nerfed pretty bad this gen.

GalacticPetey said:
Fighter Zae said:
Randy Cunningham said:

I would go with a sand team, but weather got nerfed pretty bad this gen.

yeah you'll have to go in preparing for the 5 turn limit, unless you get one of those weather stones that extend it to 8 turns.

Still pretty limiting though and having to hold that over a more potent hold item sucks.

GalacticPetey said:
Hey Jav, I have a bit or a predicament.

I really like both Mega Blastoise and Mega Tyranitar. Unfortunately, I can only have one of them in in my team. Which do I go with?

If you say Tyranitar, would I be better off with a mega stone or assault vest?
depends on what you're trying to do with him. assault vest is a pretty awesome special tank who can dish out a lot of coverage moves.

but yeah, what zae said. i'm not really interested in pokemon anymore

...so i'll rename this thread to "Pokemon Advice Thread!"

Dracomon said:
I've always thought protect was an overly passive move and hate it. I never heard of Refresh before. But still, I'd go with Protect.

well protect is usually used for wish passers.

Since wish is a two turn healing move, you can first use wish, next turn use protect, that way you wont get damaged twice.

Also its a very annoying move to opponents using stronger attacks with less pp, like hydro pump.

If I'm not going with a sand team, it having Tyranitar even worth it? I really like him, but I have a feeling the sand is really going to get in the way of my team as well.

Back