Pokemon Advice Thread! Javelin's monopoly is no more!

Re: Javelin's Pokemon Advice Thread!

Why are you trying to run mixed, exactly?

I'm curious, because there might be a better way to accomplish what you want to do instead of causing Lucario to either drop his Speed.

I guess you could put pull EVs in Attack and Sp. Atk and teach him Agility (i'm pretty sure he learns that) if you want to run mixed.

I want Lucario to keep Aura Sphere, but I also need some physical moves since my only physical attacker is Scolipede.

Randy Cunningham said:
I want Lucario to keep Aura Sphere, but I also need some physical moves since my only physical attacker is Scolipede.
I would advise dropping someone else for a physical attacker, then. Mixed attacker is something you generally want to avoid using.

If you're dead set on using him though then I would say run a Attack or Sp. Atk up nature, Def or Sp. Def down, full EVs to Atk and Sp. Atk, and Agility to set up.

My Eevee could no longer gain Special Attack EVs a fair bit before I maxed it out with Super Training. Why is that so?

Candice said:
How can one get an Eevee with anticipation ability in Pokémon Y?
Try catching Eevee in the Friend Safari. There's a small chance Friend Safari Pokemon will have their Hidden Ability.

If the friend who the Friend Safari comes from is online, then the chance of the Hidden Ability happening is higher.
Glaceon said:
My Eevee could no longer gain Special Attack EVs a fair bit before I maxed it out with Super Training. Why is that so?
Ah, this is an interesting topic.

The maximum amount of EVs possible for any Pokemon is 510. However, the maximum for any one stat is 252. If you max out two stats, that gives you 252 + 252 = 504, which means you should still be able to gain 6 EVs.

Prior to XY, it was possible to get 255 EVs in one stat, but this was pointless because EVs only increase your stats in groups of 4 EVs (for example, it would take 4 Attack EVs to raise your Attack stat) and the extra EVs wouldn't affect your Pokemon.

This means that you can put 252 EVs in one stat, 252 in another, and 4 in the last stat. You'll then have 2 remaining which you can't do anything with.

Same thing happened to Sp. Def, interestingly enough. Anyway thanks, I thought something bad happened.

Dr. Javelin said:
Candice said:
How can one get an Eevee with anticipation ability in Pokémon Y?
Try catching Eevee in the Friend Safari. There's a small chance Friend Safari Pokemon will have their Hidden Ability.

If the friend who the Friend Safari comes from is online, then the chance of the Hidden Ability happening is higher.
There's no Eevee in game?

There are, actually. You can find them on that route with all the stones standing up (south of the town where stones are).

But afaik you can't catch one with the Hidden Ability there.

I am training a monotype grass team.

Not asking to have a pokemon Swap but would this team would be good?

Sawsbuck, Sunflora, Parasect, Leafeon, Amoongus and Leavanny/Serperior.

P.S: it's for the elite four.

Hm...

Leafeon is pretty good if you can outspeed and set up with Swords Dance, Amoonguss is a pretty nice wall, Serperior and Sawsbuck are decent, Sunflora, Parasect, and Leavanny are atrocious.

You're going to suffer major problems with speedier people who can outspeed Leafeon. Siebold, the Water-type guy, should be pretty easy to defeat. However, the other three are going to be really difficult to stop, since all three of them resist Grass types. You might be able to teach Amoonguss Toxic and then stall out the Fire-type and the Dragon-type people, but Wikstrom (the Steel-type guy) is going to give you serious trouble, particularly his Scizor. Your best shot is probably to try and set up three Swords Dances with Leafeon against his first Pokemon, Klefki, and then try and sweep (remember that Scizor has Bullet Punch, and he can finish you quick if you get low on health).

Diantha will actually probably be easier to beat than the Elite Four; you only have to worry about her Hawlucha and Mega Gardevoir.

tl;dr grass is probably the worst type you could have possibly picked for gen vi's elite four and this is going to be nearly impossible, especially since your only good people are leafeon and amoonguss

Mega Venusaur still has major problems defeating Wikstrom, unless he has Hidden Power Fire to counter his Steel-types.

Which he should. Every Grass-type special attacker should have HP Fire, for precisely this reason.

Or you know.

For the sheer fact that he's Venusaur.

The lack of Ferrothorn is also disturbing.

I forgot to mention.

This team is for 5th gen elite four.

NOT 6TH.

javelin i feel not motivated to play pokemon x

motivate me

Vanillite said:

motivate me
there's a sword pokemon

is that not motivation enough
Sylveon said:
I forgot to mention.

NOT 6TH.
Oh.

Then you shouldn't have a problem with any of them.

Except Alder. His Accelgor and Volcarona are sure to give you trouble, and if you don't have a Fire-type move Escavalier is going to be even more annoying.

Dr. Javelin said:
Vanillite said:

motivate me
there's a sword pokemon

is that not motivation enough
Sylveon said:
I forgot to mention.

NOT 6TH.
Oh.

Then you shouldn't have a problem with any of them.

Except Alder. His Accelgor and Volcarona are sure to give you trouble, and if you don't have a Fire-type move Escavalier is going to be even more annoying.
more specific.

B2

Champ is iris.

I am going to use non smogon teams.

so yeah.

Sylveon said:
more specific.

B2

Champ is iris.
-_-

OKAY ADVICE FOR THE THIRD TIME

Because most of her team resists Grass-type attacks, this is going to be tricky. However, Leafeon can use Return to hit the Dragon-types for some pretty powerful damage. Additionally, with Leafeon's high Defense you might be able to take one X-Scissor from Haxorus... actually never mind Haxorus is too powerful.

Amoonguss takes neutral damage from Haxorus's X-Scissor and can use Toxic and then attempt to stall him out by using Synthesis and Protect over and over. Make sure to give him Leftovers/Black Sludge for added HP.

Other than Haxorus, Hydreigon is going to give you trouble, and maybe Druddigon. You might just have to stock up on Revives, use Toxic on them with Amoonguss (it's practically impossible to OHKO Amoonguss) and then spam Revives/Hyper Potions/Synthesis until they die from poison.
Sylveon said:
I am going to use non smogon teams.

so yeah.
So they're non-EV'd, right?

Regardless, you can still teach Leafeon Return and Amoonguss Toxic, and you should be good.

Back